• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Paulies Log of Pure Domination

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Presses and upright rows baby thats where its at man!
AWESOME MAN!
I enjoyed your clips bro! Nice to see u pushin it man great job!
Take the lil criticsm on your form bro, it will only help u man, i wish u the best Paul!
AND

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FlexCabana said:
no please dont think im trying to start any confrontation. just constructive criticism, which is what i would want from u guys to do on my log as well. from the video when u r doing the laterals, u r spine is starting in a partially flexed position, then u go into an extension. watch closely. next time put on a belt and keep either slightly bent over or stand up straight. when u use ur back u can do more weight, but then u take out a huge % of that weight on ur medial delts when thats what ur trying to hit. do u see what i am saying?

as far as finishing with presses, i just felt that u already did them in the beginning of the work out, there was no need to hit them again bc when u do presses u r mainly using ur med delt which u already hit twice. also ur shoulder is made for mobility, not stability and overhead presses put ur shoulder in a compromisable position where u can cause alot of damage (trust me i go to school for this shit). also i felt u could have used ur last set to hit ur front delts which i didnt really see u do according to ur workout. otherwise u had an awesome session

Lol sorry for getting a slight offensive to it. I was really confused if I should listen to what you were telling me or if I should stick to what Tweak is telling me. Tweak has been helping me out ALOT on my form and technique with everything. If you could see my form on Side Raises 2 months ago, im sure you would be pretty impressed with my form now. So I still have a little bit of practice I need to do on from with that exercise. Actually, I just might video tape myself doing my terrible form 2 months ago, and then compare it to my form now. Its 100% better. I will take your advice and probably stand more upward when doing the side raises and try to use more of my delts and less of my back.

With the 2 pressing movements issue, Im confused again. You say 1 pressing movement is enough and Tweak is have me do 2 pressing movements. But I could still do 2 pressing movements and it will hit my front delts pretty well, or I could do one pressing movement and some front raises and it will work my front delts pretty well. Do I make any sense? 1 pressing moment + front raises = front delts worked. 1 pressing movement + 1 pressing movement = front delts worked. I dont know, see what Tweak says about this. He created my training split...

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the reason I dont have us do any direct front delt work is because we hit front delts enough through the entire week with chest. The reasoning behind the pressing movement at the end or having more than one is to completely smash the muscle fibers in our delts.

J

jornT

Those clips are cool Paul.

About swining, who says it bad? I'm not so sure that cheating is a bad thing, I need to discuss this with some people :)

Eli80Cal

Eli80Cal

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jornT said:
I'm not so sure that cheating is a bad thing, I need to discuss this with some people :)
Not cheating, just getting the extra rep:hsughup:

J

jornT

Eli80Cal said:
Not cheating, just getting the extra rep:hsughup:

No, I mean cheating, as in use your back, leggs etc to get the weight up.

Eli80Cal

Eli80Cal

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jornT said:
No, I mean cheating, as in use your back, leggs etc to get the weight up.
:disgust: or :stoofoo: cant decide which. LOL

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Someone define what exactly "cheating" is...

If it works, use it.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A little swing with the heavier weights inst bad IMO, but if your using ALL back and momentum it is bad. Paul had a steady sway going on, nothing bad about that. I had a steady sway going on too but nobody commented on mine :tear: lol

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
J

jornT

Tweak said:
A little swing with the heavier weights inst bad IMO, but if your using ALL back and momentum it is bad. Paul had a steady sway going on, nothing bad about that. I had a steady sway going on too but nobody commented on mine :tear: lol

yeah yeah, you sucked even harder. :disgust:

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jornT said:
yeah yeah, you sucked even harder. :disgust:

LOL. I say we start a debate in here. Cause I like getting constructive criticism, it helps out alot. But I would like to continue doing what im doing.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Power Day! Tweak and I at my gym. We were going to start with Deadlifts, but the squat rack was taken and we waited for 15 minutes, and this guy still was doing squats and then he did some BB Rows...and Tweak was getting angry..lol.

We were going to start with Bench, but he was done right when we started so Tweak marched over to the squat rack and was all furious. Here was the beginning...

FLAT DB PRESS: 135x6, 135x6
DEADLIFT: 135x10 (warmup), 185x10, 205x8 P.B
POWERSHRUGS: 135x12, 135x10, 185x10
HANG PULLS: 95x10, 95x10, 95x10
PUSH PRESS: 65x10, 65x10, 95x9

Pretty good session, I was really pleased with my Deadlift, especially since the last time I deadlifted was 2 weeks ago. And it went up 10lbs and my form was really good to. Tweak said "Paul! Keep your head up!" and BAM! it was quite easier and it kept my form nice and solid. Soon I will deadlift 225, and I will be very happy with that. I did a few new exercises Ive never done before like Hang-pulls and Push presses. I have a clip of me doing the Push Press...nothing special but Tweak loves taking videos....here it is....

Push Press - 95lbs for 9 reps.

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice session paul, some good numbers especially on the deadz. keep up that hard work buddy, and great clip!

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
today definetely was a good workout, I just wish we could have got more sets in and Bench Press in as well. Oh well, you tried a few new movements and thats good. You should throw those Push Presses into your shoulder routine and take out Military Press I think. You definetely gotta get some straps too so you can start doing some Power Shrugs, that movement is awesome. Hang Pulls as well, well we'll workout again sometime this week I think, I dont know what day but probably Friday I think if any day at all.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Paulie, great power day!!! You moved serious weights, I love your video also, it hurt my delts only watching!!!

Great record on deadz, keep training, soon you'll deadz 250lbs.. and I want a video of that!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great session. Quality choice of lifts too! Truly power day. Nice to see more clips aswell! :)

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yo Paulie! Superb work on the Deads mate and congrats on the P.B, well done. Thanks for sharing the clip, credit to the director!!! I'm gonna give those push presses a go one day, they do look good.

Nice work buddy, see you in 07 when you're deadlifting 400 for reps!!

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:
today definetely was a good workout, I just wish we could have got more sets in and Bench Press in as well. Oh well, you tried a few new movements and thats good. You should throw those Push Presses into your shoulder routine and take out Military Press I think. You definetely gotta get some straps too so you can start doing some Power Shrugs, that movement is awesome. Hang Pulls as well, well we'll workout again sometime this week I think, I dont know what day but probably Friday I think if any day at all.

Yes I think friday would be a good day. I will get the 65's for 5-6 reps on db press. And I think I will need straps soon, so sometime when I say its ok, you should order them for me.

Evo, I hope to be deadlifting 400 for reps, its very possible to achieve in one year. Cant wait for 07!