• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Philosopher - Microloading Madness

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Nice going again Philo. 2 PB's again. Only 1 rep out on the bench - next time will be easy.

Had a rough weekend (no sleep, lots of alcohol) so I will get it next time.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
That survival run looks mad, I'd love to try something like this.
 
A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
765
Points
18
Nice workouts Phil. How long are you gonna follow this plan?
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Main

Squats
5x30kg
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
Light day, nothing special

MP
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x40kg
5x42kg PR

Rack DL
5x60kg
5x70kg
5x80kg
5x90kg PR Reps

Accessory

Ab machine
15-15-15-15

static holds
4 sets
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
What are the static holds you do?
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
What are the static holds you do?

Today I used a barbell with some weight on it and try to hold it for a long as possible with various grips. you can also use a dumbells/farmers for this exercises. Its a great way to get your grip up
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Great work philo.Nice PBs, congrats:2:
 
Mikew

Mikew

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
863
Points
16
Static holds are awesome! Love to try it out once in a while aswell.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
good session philo. nice job getting two pb's in one session. keep up the good work.
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Great work - 2 more PB's. I try to remember to do some grip work to get my grip strength up. I like doing plate pinches and hanging grip work.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
For me grip work is pretty essential. I have a weak grip so it holds me back especially with deadlifting. Since Ive use grip training its slowly increasing.

Main

Squats
5x30kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x65kg
3x75kg
8x45kg
Still easy

Bench Press
5x30kg
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x55kg
3x65kg
8x45kg

BOR
5x30kg
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
3x65kg
8x40kg

accessory

Dips
6xbw+16kg
8-8 x BW

Preacher Curls
3 sets of 10

EZ bar extensions
3 sets of 10
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
Good session and good mix of exercises. What training style/split are you using?
Also, if it's easy move up!!!
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Nice work again Philo. Still easy so hopefully the PB's should be imminent.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Good session and good mix of exercises. What training style/split are you using?
Also, if it's easy move up!!!

Using 5x5 atm. Have done it in the past with good results so I thought I could give it another try.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Main

Squats
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x70kg
5x80kg
Still easy

Bench Press
5x30kg
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
3x65kg

Pull ups
5x5xBW


Accessory

Hyper Extension
10xbw+10kg
10xbw+10kg

Decline Sit ups
4 sets of 15

Pretty fast session, started too late so I had 40 min to complete the whole training
 
A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
765
Points
18
Squats are going up pretty good. whats your 1 rm
 
anaboliod

anaboliod

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
176
Points
16
that's a great session for only 40 min! those are alot of lifts kind of everywhere, what is your weekly schedule?
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
Good session. Those squat numbers are going up. :2:
 

Similar threads

Top