• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Philosopher - Microloading Madness

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
what up man?

put some more weight on teh squats, i know you can do more.. try to push yourself to the limit :) the 5x5 looks pretty sweet G,

Its early in the progression. In about 4-5 weeks the weight will be back to what I normally do and hopefully beyond that :D
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Easy with the vit C bro. Don't exceed 2g/day or it will have the opposite effect. (It'll work as a pro-oxidant instead of an antioxidant).

Take in more water, protein and glucose. That seems to be the cure for me.

Get well soon man.

Its already getting a bit better lucky enough. Ive been taking 500mg vit C, 3 times a day.
 
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,330
Points
36
good job, cant wait to see how the 5x5 gonna work for ya
 
PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
1,141
Points
38
Wow I haven't done Pendlay Rows in a while, thanks for reminding me philo! 5x5 is looking awesome btw:linedrunk:
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
I'm tempted to give those Pendlay Rows a go myself one day.

^^ I found I had to swap between which went first and accept that performance would be down in one or the other week to week. But you will certainly learn how to train hard doing it.

Personally I'll always do squats first because I'm always left gasping for air after I'm finished with them. Its much less of a problem with bench. And I echo the sentiment that deads are by far the most killer exercise.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
After having a cold I thought it went better but it got worse and to top that all I went to a restaurant a few days back which made me vomit all night long because of the food, I thought it was food poisoning but after that night it was slowly getting better. But I'm better now, a little sore throat but I can live with that. I decided to restart my 5x5 cycle so here we go again.

w1 d1

Squats
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x65kg
5x75kg

Bench Press
5x20kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
5x40kg
5x50kg

Pendlay Row
5x20kg
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
5x40kg

Hyper Extensions
2x10x10kg

Comments
Nice workout, didt had much time because I had to work so thats why I skipped the abs.
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
Awesome work on those squats, and hyper extensions man
 
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
Solid workout bro. Awesome compound session- short and sweet.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Here's yesterdays workout since I havent got the time to post it yet.

W1 - D2

Squats
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x60kg
Light day

Incline Bench Press
5x20kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
5x40kg
Light weight

Deadlifts
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x65kg
5x75kg

Decline Abs
3x10xno weight

Comments
Nice session in good company although he wasnt too sure about the 5x5 methode haha.
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
Congrats man!, good workout :D
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
W1 - D3

Squats
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x70kg
3x80kg
8x60kg

Bench Press
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
5x40kg
3x50kg
8x40kg

Pendlay Rows
5x20kg
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
3x40kg
8x30kg

Dips
10xbw
6xbw+20kg PR
8xbw
8xbw

Incl dumbell curl
4x10x12kg

comments
Weight are light atm but I'm still having some light DOMS
 
A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
765
Points
18
Good training Philo. How long are you going to follow the 5x5 schedual
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
w2 d1

Squats
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x70kg
5x80kg

Bench Press
5x20kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
5x40kg
5x50kg

Pendlay Row
5x20kg
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
5x40kg

Hyper Extensions
2x10x10kg

Abs
3x15x15kg

Comments
Squats felt heavy but nice. Benching is still light but thats how it should feel at this stage.
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
Nice stuff Philo, those Pendlay rows is deffenatly something I will test :xyxthumbs:
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Nice philo.Congrats getting PR on dips:2:
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
W1 - D2

Squats
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x60kg
Light day

Incline Bench Press
5x20kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
5x45kg
Light weight

Deadlifts
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x70kg
5x80kg
I suck at deadlifting, this felt so damn heavy

Decline Abs
3x10xno weight

Comments
Deadlifting didnt felt good. I dunno why but its by far my suckiest exercise.
 
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
Don't matter if you suck at deadlifts bro, progression is progression. Keep up the consistent session and you'll be there in no time. Nice workout!
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Due the lack of time I made this workout a quicky

W1 - D3

Squats
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x70kg
3x85kg
8x60kg

Bench Press
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
5x40kg
3x55kg
8x40kg

Pendlay Rows
5x20kg
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
3x45kg
8x30kg

Dips
10xbw
10xbw
10xbw

Cable Curl
4x10x40kg

superset

Rope pushdowns
4x10x45kg

comments
All done in 45 mins
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
For a quick session it looks good man! like the superset at the end! squats are getting big man!keep training hard!
 
A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
765
Points
18
6 sets per exercise, nice going
 

Similar threads

Top