• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Philosopher - Microloading Madness

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
765
Points
18
5x5 is great, why did you stopped doing upper/lowerbody
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
5x5 Week 1/Dag 1

Squat
5x30kg
5x40kg
5x60kg
5x65kg
5x75kg

Bench
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
5x40kg
5x50kg

Pendlay Row
5x20kg
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x35kg
5x40kg

Hypers
2x10x10

Sit up machine
4x10x15

Comments
No weight focus on the pendlay rows. Wanna work my technique first
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
How's benching after squatting going?
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
How's benching after squatting going?

Pretty good altough I have to take a few minutes rest from the squatting. Right now its early in the progression schedual so it isnt all that hard atm but after we enter week 4-5 things will be different.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ I found I had to swap between which went first and accept that performance would be down in one or the other week to week. But you will certainly learn how to train hard doing it.
 
A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
765
Points
18
Pretty good workout. 5x5 is hard but worth it
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
5X5 session looks solid philo! I like the "dag"1!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
^^ I found I had to swap between which went first and accept that performance would be down in one or the other week to week. But you will certainly learn how to train hard doing it.

Not experienced that during my previous cycle. The only lift which is very taxing for me is the deadlift. I changed it in my previous cycle by starting with the deadlifts instead of ending with it but that didnt work out because I had nog energy left for other exercises. The DL is imo the hardest lift you can do.
 
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
Not experienced that during my previous cycle. The only lift which is very taxing for me is the deadlift. I changed it in my previous cycle by starting with the deadlifts instead of ending with it but that didnt work out because I had nog energy left for other exercises. The DL is imo the hardest lift you can do.

100% complete and utter cosign. For that very reason I hate deadlifts...I'm pooped after them.
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
solid session philo. never tried those pendlay rows before but they sound tougher than normal barbell rows, are they?. anyway, keep up the good work bro:xyxthumbs:
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
solid session philo. never tried those pendlay rows before but they sound tougher than normal barbell rows, are they?. anyway, keep up the good work bro:xyxthumbs:

They are way harder to do imo. You should try them and see for yourself.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
5x5 week 1/day 2

Deadlift
5x50
5x60
5x65
5x70

Incline Press
5x20kg
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x40kg

Squats
5x30kg
5x45kg
5x55kg
5x55kg

Abs
3 sets 12 reps

Comments
Went fine today
 
S

SRUDWARF

Active member
Member
Joined
May 9, 2008
Messages
29
Points
1
hey man how many times have you tried 5x5
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
hey man how many times have you tried 5x5

This is my second full run. Have tried it before but didnt complete the full 9 or more weeks.


didnt train yesterday because I'm having a really bad cold atm. Hopefull this will be gone quick. I've been popping lots and lots of vit C and omega's to get get better asap.
 
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
Easy with the vit C bro. Don't exceed 2g/day or it will have the opposite effect. (It'll work as a pro-oxidant instead of an antioxidant).

Take in more water, protein and glucose. That seems to be the cure for me.

Get well soon man.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
what up man?

put some more weight on teh squats, i know you can do more.. try to push yourself to the limit :) the 5x5 looks pretty sweet G,
 

Similar threads

Top