• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rob's Log

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
lol@ you being a noobie at squats.

if your a noobie at squats then the rest of the board have never done squats plus have squat aids.

solid numbers and look forward to the 5*5

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
*coughcoughdosmolovyouskinnybastardcoughcough*

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sucks about the 180kg man! too early to squat that early dude! better luck next time! and lol at you being a newbie at squats

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am pretty sure you would have been able to do 180 kg. And please don't call yourself a newbie okay :D It just isn't true

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rob,

Squat noobie? Jesus, Pickle must be right, we all must have squat AIDS. Seriously, good lifting. I can't lift for shit early in the morning, so maybe you just needed more time to wake up. Also, have you ever tried Korte's 3x3? It has worked well for me in the past.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol@ you being a noobie at squats.

if your a noobie at squats then the rest of the board have never done squats plus have squat aids.

solid numbers and look forward to the 5*5

Well, it's frustating not hit a mark that is supossed to be hit. Le'ts see the 5x5 or another simple program. Thanks for stoping by Pickle!

*coughcoughdosmolovyouskinnybastardcoughcough*

Right now I wanna up my dead, maybe next time, but yeah, it's a pretty good idea to brake plateaus.

I agree, do smolov.

One day I'll grow balls and do it hehe

Sucks about the 180kg man! too early to squat that early dude! better luck next time! and lol at you being a newbie at squats

PV, thanks! Next time I'm sure to get it!

I am pretty sure you would have been able to do 180 kg. And please don't call yourself a newbie okay :D It just isn't true

Lol...newbie can be a little to much. If the squat doesn't work let's skip for deads!

Rob,

Squat noobie? Jesus, Pickle must be right, we all must have squat AIDS. Seriously, good lifting. I can't lift for shit early in the morning, so maybe you just needed more time to wake up. Also, have you ever tried Korte's 3x3? It has worked well for me in the past.

Never tried, just read about it. I agree with the specifity of the program, one thing that needs some attention in my case is that I use a sumo stance for deads, so the hip work could be too much. But I started doing regular deads, well, I kinda lost on which deadlift to use, I prefer the conventional, but I'm a bit stronger at sumo hehe. But thanks for the input, within next weeks I'll do some instintive training and then I'm gonna follow some more restrictive, Korte's will has its place. Thanks buddy!

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm working/studying a lot, and my sessions need to be pretty fast. Man, I'm tired! I need some caffeine. Yesterday I took NO Expander from Arnold, blehh, same effect as water.

Yesterday training:

Bench
10@90kg
9@90kg

Close grip bench
10@70kg
8@74kg
7@74kg

Laterals
3x10@16kg

Pressdown
3x12@?

Quick one! Tomorrow back!

Last edited:
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Thanks PV!

Pullup
6@40kg
6@40kg
6@40kg
16@bw - deload next week

Dumbbell rows
3x8@62kg

Concentration curl

2x6@24kg

Cable wrist curl
2x8

Calves
3 sets

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Squat
5@110kg
5@110kg
5@120kg
5@134kg - very deep reps

Incline bench - paused

3x6@70kg

Front raises
3x12@20kg

Abs wheel

6@20kg
10@bw

Good session...friday, was a bit tired, skip 1 set for squats, but was a smart thing to do:hyper:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice effort on those squats man!

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Horrible news: Sunday I felt down and hit my knee pretty bad at a stair step. Luckly I only had a huge cut, which caused some points, but my movements are limited at the moment, even walk is hard. The pain yesterday was intense, today is better, the sweeling is bigger though...so no squats and deads for some weeks, I hope (not month or months).

Yesterday I did:

Bench press - no leg drive

2@96kg
2@96kg
2@96kg
2@96kg
2@96kg
2@96kg

Seated lateral raises
2x10@12kg - way better than standing, less weigth but less swinging too and bigger DOMS.

Pressdown
2x12@light-medium weight

Tomorrow bench again, and then on friday again. I'm so angry and frustrated. It was 11pm on Sunday, I would do my last meal and missed the step, fuuck...I was running too, I have/had this habit...It is hard, in a second you lose a huge piece and motivation of your life...well, fuuck off...today I'll train some grip and do some shrugs or whatever. See ya!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
wishing u a speedy recovery bro, the chest session looked great as well, perhaps a week or 2 off squats with a focus on bench will just be what you need to get bench threw to the next level. SMolov junior for bench? :D

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you very much Pickle! I'm doing a russian routine, I don't know the link, just remember the scheme:
week 1-6x2@80%, 6x3@80%, 6x2@80%
week 2-6x4@80%, 6x2@80%, 6x5@80%
week 3-6x2@80%, 6x6@80%, 6x2@80%
week 4-5x5@85%, 6x2@80%, 4x4@90%
week 5-6x2@80%, 3x3@95%, 6x2@80%
week 6-2x2@100%, 6x2@80%, MAX OUT

This week is deload for back, biceps and forearms, but I train a bit of shrugs and facepulls:

Grip (Ivanko Gripper)
2x3@heavy
2x10@medium
2x40@light

Shrugs (machine)
1x20@stack - not too heavy
1x15@stack

Facepulls
3x12@60kg

Just something for me not freak out hehe, tomorrow bench again.
Have been armwrestling some heavier (~80kg) guys and collecting some wins :), at the beginning I have the feeling that I'm going to be smashed, they must think the same hehe but the pullups are paying off.

Last edited:
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
that looks instense! lol cant wait for the max out if u get a good increase ill give it a go