• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rocky's Log - King of the Jim

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1 Arm DB Clean & Press is a great exercise. Used that alot while I was doing crossfit style workouts. Nice session m8 keep up the good work

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Solid pull session especially considering the fact it was "light"!

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
weird looking in here and not seeing a PB...
good sessions though

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DUDE! Your volume and number of exercises is insane ROcky! :tiphat: <--- i gotta give u props bro, that is a rough session to get through.

Awesome work dude!

God Bless
Ben

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
El Freako - Thanks man. I'm doing like with the squats from the previous session doing them slow and more deliberate than normal while lighter to get the most out of them.

Philo - Yeah I'd never tried them before but I liked them - might make it a regular feature instead of the regular clean and jerks which may be too exhausting once this routine gets harder.

The Creator - Thanks man. While this routine is lighter I'm trying to make the most of it and do the reps deeper and slower to get more out of it.

Rage - lol. Yeah I don't like not getting PB's but I'm putting my faith in the routine and hopefully it'll yield the results at the end.

Ben - Thanks man. This was less volume and weight than normal but it'll get harder. It's weird - I always used to be a about brief, HIT abbreviated training but now have upped the set amount up by loads which hopefully ill mean if I go back to a more abbreviated routine will make it easier.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with you, Cleans take a lot of energy because of the vast amount of movement involved. None the less your routine looks great. I bet you'll be gaining some strength with this workout. What are your main goals right now?

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

those are some insane deads for being "light" rocky
I wish this was my "light" day

anaboliod

anaboliod

Rocky you're an animal! Keep up the good work brother i'm excited to see how this work out treats you, best of luck!

Mikew

Mikew

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very good sessions in here. I like the way you train, mixing old-school style with more modern supersets.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
bambam - Yeah it's a shame I've got to lay off the cleans with this routine so as not to inhibit the progress of the 3 main lifts as I'd only been doing them for the past few weeks and had really started to get to like them. I wanted to break the 100kg barrier I was at. Oh well, maybe on the next programme. My main golas as is always the case it to increase overall mass but in particular chest and leg size - which is why this routine is predominantly squat and bench emphasis.

Lyon - Deads have always been pretty reasonable for me no matter what version I maintain a prety consistent weight whether it be regular, sumo or romanian deads of around 400lb. Hopefully with this routine I'm on now at the end of it I'll get 200kg.

Anabolid - Thanks for stopping by. I'm hoping it just ups my squat and bench strength. I've always stayed around a plateau on those exercises - sometimes I'll go up a little but then I'll go down a little when I change the move around so I never really break through which really annoys the shit out of me! :)

Mike - Thanks man. I'm trying to experiment with different protocols. I've been training on and off for years and despite making gains my chest and leg strength in the bench and squat seems to be stagnant. All the other lifts seem to have periods where I improve and on the split I did a few months ago I was getting PB's every session but even when the ancillary moves and muscles seem to improve the bench and squat always stays fairly stagnant. I've been so locked in to having to improve by reps or weight every session that whilst I have managed to get some pretty reasonable PB's with this attitude I think it can be detrimental to expect PB's every time I lift as it's just not realistic so by trying different protocols where the reps and weight are mapped out based on my 1RM it takes the pressure off me to feel obliged to keep upping the weight because I'll just do what the routine says of me so hopefully it will give me the results I want. Time will tell.

Next session in a couple of hours. :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome job man
clean and press is still amazing

even so, with all the weight you use, and outstanding diversity in
exercises each time i come to comment, you still surprise :)

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypo - Thanks Hypo. I'm trying to mix up the ancillary exercise a bit, 1. to add diversity, and 2. Again to reduce the pressure on myself to do the same moves and up the weight each time.

Well today's session was nice and simple again. Added more exercises again which I am going to have to stop doing but while it's easy it's too tempting to throw some more moves in. I'll have to curb it as the routine gets progressively harder. Despite it being a relatively simple session I made the most out of the reps and did them all really slow and deep. And the session only took 55 mins!

Here it was:

Smith Squat
70kg (155lb) x 10
100kg (220lb) x 8
130kg (285lb) x 3
130kg (285lb) x 3
130kg (285lb) x 3
130kg (285lb) x 3
130kg (285lb) x 3
130kg (285lb) x 3 - peasy.

Flat BB Bench
60kg (135lb) x 10
90kg (200lb) x 8
105kg (230lb) x 2
105kg (230lb) x 2
105kg (230lb) x 2
105kg (230lb) x 2
105kg (230lb) x 2
105kg (230lb) x 2 - nice and slow

Smith Front Squat
100kg (220lb) x 8
100kg (220lb) x 8
100kg (220lb) x 8 - deep reps.

DB Incline - slightly higher incline than usual.
35kg (77lb) x 10
37.5kg (82lb) x 10
40kg (90lb) x 6 - didn't want to push it.

Seated Calf Raise
160kg (352lb) x 15
210kg (460lb) x 12
220kg (485lb) x 10

SUPERSET WITH

DB Skullcrushers
40kg (90lb) x 12
50kg (110lb) x 8
50kg (110lb) x 8

Lying Cable Curl
70kg (155lb) x 15
70kg (155lb) x 15

Lat Pulldown
80kg (180lb) x 10
105kg (230lb) x 10

That was it. Shouldn't have really done the last 2 exercises but what with not doing back until next Thursday thought I'd add a couple of moves.
Felt pretty good again.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awsome session rocky! thats a lot of work in 55 minutes, killer intensety and big weights.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
That's some great volume considering the short amount of time :tiphat:

P

Pain

VIP
Again, your volume is insane. You don't even need to do cardio with all those reps and sets.

h0ke

h0ke

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very strong sessions Balboa m8! I really dont know how u do these session in so short time, crazy man.. Must be very intensive sessions! :xyxthumbs:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:2:

good work rocko

ill be on the lookout for once those PBs start coming in again :spy:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lion - Thanks. Yeah once the firt 2 exercises were done which took half the time the rest flowed pretty quickly.

El Freako - It probably helps the 1st 2 exercises being such low reps and at this stage of the routine reasonably low weight too so don't need much rest between sets.

Pain - Hopefully you're right cos I'm certainly not doing any other cardio!

hoke - I used to train HIT style so not having to go to failure all the time means it's the minimal rest periods that up the intensity for me now.

Skeptic - Thanks buddy! :xyxthumbs:

Rage - Cheers mate. Hopefully I'll hit some new PB's come the end of this routine.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Intense session.Keep it up and PBs will follow:xyxthumbs: