• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Official Olympic Games 2008 thread

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ I think its funny that the only argument you guys have against USA is to latch onto another countries medals to make an argument because your country is doing so poor. You guys should just give USA the respect it deserves. We are dominate in summer and winter Olympics and give us the respect (not yelling just stating :) )
So let me get this straight. You want to compare the USA, a country with a long history of sporting colleges and scholarship programs, with a population of +350 million (the plus being whatever illegals you have that actually do the labour and may one day be allowed to join) to a country with a lot shorter history, a much much smaller population on which to draw talented athletes, with less funding for sports and very few scholarships because your country is losing to China which has a very short history in all the sports of western culture and has only made a dedicated effort in the last few olympics to win more events. :dunnodude:

Seriously you are drowning in blind patriotism.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Yeah Australia hasa much smaller population and sporting history. What does this mean. This means its not my fault you guys are so far behind. O and Rebecca Soni just smoked Leisel Jones :keke:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And China has alot more history and more population. And its not my fault these countries are so far behind. USA is one of the youngest countries so what happened to you guys? All these other countries have been around for a much longer time so this is a very poor excuse.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And China has alot more history and more population. And its not my fault these countries are so far behind. USA is one of the youngest countries so what happened to you guys? All these other countries have been around for a much longer time so this is a very poor excuse.
China doesn't have a history of sports, especially european developed sports. :angrydude:

I trying to point out that you are trying to bag Australia for and rate yourself as good as China without acknowledging the actual achievments of either country. THis is kinda pathetic as it undermines the very basis of athletic achievement. It takes a lot to go from never competing in an event to winning medals (e.g. China won the womens archery which has been dominated by Korea for years). So you blithly ignore what underpins the competition and look starry eyed at the medal count not really understanding what it means.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

its not your fault but i will blame you anyway :keke:

one of the youngest countries yes... but still a good couple hundred years older than Australia.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
best swimming legend ey. Ian thorpe? he may be a douche, but he is better than phelps.

Sorry but since Phelps holds THE WORLD RECORD for EVERY event he has swam in means he is THE BEST swimmer and most decorated swimmer of all time. One day he may be passed, and it may be an Aussie but your opinion on Ian Thorpe is biased and since he would get smoked by Phelps (just compare their times) he is not better at all. :tiphat:

Next topic, Aussie's lose this one :hsughr:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Womens all around gymnastics. USA goes 1-2. Both Nastia and Shawn are hot too.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Sorry but since Phelps holds THE WORLD RECORD for EVERY event he has swam in means he is THE BEST swimmer and most decorated swimmer of all time. One day he may be passed, and it may be an Aussie but your opinion on Ian Thorpe is biased and since he would get smoked by Phelps (just compare their times) he is not better at all. :tiphat:

WOOOOAH ease up on the arse rape big guy.

LOL i was being facetious

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP

Americas population is 15 times greater then Australia why is it you can only produce one swimmer worth talking about?

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Usai Bolts run was scary good.Asafa looked good also.Tyson didnt look good as i hoped,but he hides his cards very well..

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Americas population is 15 times greater then Australia why is it you can only produce one swimmer worth talking about?

It's because the Americans dont give a shit about swimming. We should be winning a ton of medals in the swimming because the media here makes such a huge fuss about the bloody swimmers. The top few are arguably the most well-known sports people in Australia. I think it's fair to assume the US swimmers have no where near as high a profile in the US. I swear ch 7's coverage so far has been about 70% swimming.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ They haven't even shown the 100m Bolt/Powell/Gay showdown yet either.

You'd think they would show those qualifying races given how big a deal the final will be.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Swimming is not popular here, it is there, why can't you guys produce a swimmer better than us? :wutyousay:

Edit: I just read how swimming is to Australia how football is to us... and so... yeah ;)

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watching some weightlifting right now :D

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PHELPS JUST WON GOLD FUCK YEAH 7 MEDALS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the big writing.