• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Official Olympic Games 2008 thread

Glute

Glute

Swimming is not popular here, it is there, why can't you guys produce a swimmer better than us? :wutyousay:

Edit: I just read how swimming is to Australia how football is to us... and so... yeah ;)

pawnage

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Swimming is not popular here, it is there, why can't you guys produce a swimmer better than us? :wutyousay:

Edit: I just read how swimming is to Australia how football is to us... and so... yeah ;)

lol chadcruz is on really good crack. The only time we the public hear about swimming in Australia is commonwealth games or olympics otherwise its about as popular as goat sex.

My entire life out of the 1000's of people i have ever met not one aussie did swimming as their main sport. We also have 3 codes of contact football here that are all immensley popular compared to swimming. Heck even soccer is more popular then competive swimming here and only a small minority of fags here aspire to play professional soccer.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Usai Bolts run was scary good.Asafa looked good also.Tyson didnt look good as i hoped,but he hides his cards very well..

Bolt was unbelievable... I've never seen anything like that in my life... he looks untouchable..

(NZ have won our 1st medals today..yay! 2 Bronzes in rowing..finally)

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
PHELPS JUST WON GOLD FUCK YEAH 7 MEDALS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the big writing.

Yeah ...well...

Sophie rice won 3 :(:(:(:(:( (is that even her name? lol)

lol, this is our worst olympics since hotlanta

bring on london.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol chadcruz is on really good crack. The only time we the public hear about swimming in Australia is commonwealth games or olympics otherwise its about as popular as goat sex.

My entire life out of the 1000's of people i have ever met not one aussie did swimming as their main sport. We also have 3 codes of contact football here that are all immensley popular compared to swimming. Heck even soccer is more popular then competive swimming here and only a small minority of fags here aspire to play professional soccer.

Think about it mate, names like 'Thorpe' and 'Hackett' are easily some of the most well-known sports stars in Australia. I wasnt referring to what people enjoy to participate in, simply in terms of popularity and media value.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Yeah ...well...

Sophie rice won 3 :(:(:(:(:( (is that even her name? lol)

lol, this is our worst olympics since hotlanta

bring on london.

Stephanie Rice ya fool! :p

ruel

ruel

phelps dominating the swimming

and china for the medal leader???

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Think about it mate, names like 'Thorpe' and 'Hackett' are easily some of the most well-known sports stars in Australia. I wasnt referring to what people enjoy to participate in, simply in terms of popularity and media value.
Come on; Adam Gilchrist and Steve Waugh are more popular than them. In fact any cricketer or AFL player has more media spotlight than any swimming "star".

Oh and I didn't mention NRL because it has something like 1/5th the audience of AFL.

I can't wait for the 100m final! I think Bolt has it unless Powell pulls out something special. Bolt looked so relaxed and easy doing the best time. They haven't shown any of the womens one at all here:angrydude:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
I wasnt referring to what people enjoy to

participate in, simply in terms of popularity and media value.

Popularity and media value... Cricket dominates our summer, Rugby league and AFL dominate our winter. You cant argue swimming is more popular then those sports and All sport stars get media attention here and swimmers by far get the least. This is outside two 2 week peroids in a 4 year span when the media coverage is a lot better for swimming.( during the commonwealth games and olympics)

Anyway this is all folly, Even if we have a marginal higher percentage of people from our 22 million who swim because of whatever factors thats still peanuts in ammounts compared to a marginally lower percentage of swimmers from a population of 300million... That was my point I just didn't want to articulate it seriously.

There is a lot more competetive swimmers out of america then there is in australia so they should be a lot more dominant then they are.:dunnodude: Whether is "popular" or not.

btw, get off americas band wagon they are arrogant enough this time of year without an aussie jumping ship. :angrydude:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Come on; Adam Gilchrist and Steve Waugh are more popular than them. In fact any cricketer or AFL player has more media spotlight than any swimming "star".

Oh and I didn't mention NRL because it has something like 1/5th the audience of AFL.

I can't wait for the 100m final! I think Bolt has it unless Powell pulls out something special. Bolt looked so relaxed and easy doing the best time. They haven't shown any of the womens one at all here:angrydude:

lol u made the same post I just took longer. Damn you bundy

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bolt just annihilated the 100m!!!!

Powell forgot how to run again.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^That was sick run.Absolutely incredible!!!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Just watched the women's super-heavyweight weightlifting. The Korean blew all opposition and both olympic and world records away!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Meh, not like he had to learn how to run that fast, he just did it.

/end duality mode

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

That was insane! He must have one of those 'every time u break the record we pay u heaps of money' deals...like those pole vaulters... probably why he cruised the end 20 meters..:wutyousay:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Women's beach volleyball... awesome.