• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great news about the legs. There's improvement right there worthwhile.
Those chins are crazy - 32.5kg!!! I might try doing waves on chins today actually just as a little something different. You've inspired me!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn man, those chins are outstanding, i have enough doing them with just my bodyweight and u add 32,5 kg!! Awesome man:xyxthumbs:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky: I just saw what you add for doing dips :hhj: My chins pale by comparison. And the legs have another bit of good news (read below).

Bulkboy: I'm reasonably happy with the chins too, but I'm going to have to get another rope now. The dips are continuing to progress, but I didn't make all the reps in the second set of chins, so I'll have to have two "belts". Plus I might need a 3rd one for my higher rep sets in between.......

My legs session last night had a new piece of equipment: knee sleeves. Now I was wearing one when I was travelling to stop my knee swelling up too much, but haven't used one in my training since. I don't see them as a crutch to training, but I also didn't see much long term value to them. Boy was I wrong!! My patella has been clicking a little on some reps of dynamic lunges, no such issue last night, it has been "grinding" on some warmup sets at depth, not a whisper, add to that how warmed up the knees felt from the get go and they have earned a place in my leg workouts!

Lower body day:

Warmups: One day I will describe these when I can be bothered.

Work sets:
Squats
135kg x3
115kg x8
135kg x2
115kg x3 (absolutely spent)

SLDL
118kg x3
98kg x8
118kg x2
98kg x5

At this point I actually wrote in my log "Had enough" and was going to go inside. But then I realised that I was being a wimp, and that next week would be a deload anyway. So a dragged my sorry arse back to the rack.

Dynamic lunge
60kg x6
60kg x6 (these felt great for the first time ever)

Hammy curl
19kg x8
19kg x8 (doing these differently now, pointing the toe on the eccentric = harder)

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
tim290280 said:
At this point I actually wrote in my log "Had enough" and was going to go inside. But then I realised that I was being a wimp, and that next week would be a deload anyway. So a dragged my sorry arse back to the rack.
Good on ya, and you finished strong :xyxthumbs:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
real good leg session, with some good weights on both the sldl's and squats. how u training? u seem like u know alot about it...

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Way to suck it up and get it done, and done good too. Glad the sleeves made all the right difference!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex: :2:

Bulkboy: I'm happy with the squat, as I'm not far off doing Ass-To-Grass squats with what I once did to parallel (I was doing sets of 150kg just before I did my knee, though have since shattered that). The SLDL's are Ok but I really need to either swap bars to do them or get another rotating collar bar. The current bar is thinner and has a bend that wants to roll out of my hand making it hard to hold, a problem I don't have with my other bar.

Rocky: I just can't believe I haven't used them sooner! I'm against all training supports, but these were more like wearing socks with shoes: Suddenly comfortable! My knees felt warm and the patella was tracking properly, all good stuff.

Last nights upper body session

Warmups:
Neede plenty, it was cold and I was late home from work after drinks.

Work sets:
Bench
115kg x3
95kg x8
115kg x3 (ground these out)
95kg x7 (last one was hard, but should have tried for one more)

DB Rows
58.5kg x3
48.5kg x8
58.5kg x3
48.5kg x8

Pushups
BW+5kg x12

Fatmans
BW+5kg x12

Biceps
50x4
50x1 (spent)

Triceps thingy (I think they may be called sissy tricep ext...)

Wrist roller (thick bar)
18.5kg x1
18.5kg x1

I don't know that I worked my chest and back as hard as I could have. Felt as though I left something on the bar even though I couldn't grind out any more reps on the sets. This is bad going into a backoff week. The arms felt good though, could barely write down the last few numbers in my log.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looked good to me. Some big weight for both chest and back. If you got all the reps out you can then that's all you can ask of yourself. We all get the days where we think or hope we could get one or two more, but if you're giving it your all then it's still a job well done.

Glex

Glex

VIP
Hey, pushups! Nobody does those anymore.

Your DB rows looked good to me for having an off day.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damnit, awesome job on the benching, and those dumbell rows are strong too:D

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky: Yeh it is hard to judge that sort of thing. I was just being hard on myself because I really was looking to pull something out of the bag before this backoff.

Glex: I've been doing some reading about closed chain exercises and found that in terms of shoulder health they are far far superior. So hence weighted pushups. I also want to set up some ropes to do pushups (etc) from. It would be more like a gymnastics pushup on rings, without having to loose 12" in height, wear spandex, or learn how to balance my bodyweight 6' in the air.

Bulkboy: And amazingly I'm nowhere near my best on either. Although I think my hand is good enough now to change back to thick bar DB rows. It'll be interesting to see what impact that has on the weights used.

Be prepared for that which you fear most......

The Back-Off Week.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just a light session after having travelled and done a fair bit of work. Plus it was really cold, and had to train in jumper and track pants.

Chins
7 (kept going till couldn't get more without a kip)

Handstand pushups
1 (these sucked, I should have managed 3x5)

I've woken up this morning feeling a little crap. Cold/flu is coming on, which has at least conincided with a back off week.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just aswell you can get the illness out of the way now. Hopefully it will be short lived!

Glex

Glex

VIP
With some people they get sick on their 'back off weeks'. My mom is a teacher, and she used to get sick without fail every Christmas break and for the beginning of summer vacation.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This seems to be because everyone around me has had a flu shot or a bad cold/flu in the last few weeks. So I've caught what they have had or been injected for. It was bound to happen. I felt a bit shit on the weekend as well, and today I don't know why I bothered coming to work.

Anyway next week I should be fine........

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Stats as of last week:
Morning cold measures
H: 182cm (5'11.5")
W: 83.5kg (~85.5kg in the evening) (184-188.5lb)
Chest Upper: 110cm (43.3")
Chest Nipple: 107cm (42.2")
Arm: 42cm (flexed) (16.5")
Forearm: 32cm (12.6")
Thigh: 65cm (evening measure has this 1cm larger) (25.6-26")
Calf: 41cm (16.1")
Waist: 83.5cm (32.9")
Hips: didn't measure but usually ~39"

Haven't calculated 1RM's for awhile and I no longer perform 1RM tests. My working 1RM's are:
Bench: 145kg (320lb)
ATG Squat: 155kg (342lb)
Deadlift: - (haven't done for 3months, was 195kg) (430lb)
ATG Front Squat: 135kg (298lb)
Pullup/Chin: BW+42kg (rough estimate, it may be 5-10kg more) (+93lb, adding possibly 11-22lbs more)
Clean: 115kg (254lb)
Jerk: 100kg (220lb)
Snatch: 85kg (187lb)
I think thats the bulk of it.

Edited just for Serb and his lack of a calculator!!!

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not a fan of logs but ill take an eye on this to learn if posible ;)

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good stats both in measurements and lifts.