• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
Stats as of last week:
Morning cold measures
H: 182cm
W: 83.5kg (~85.5kg in the evening)
Chest Upper: 110cm
Chest Nipple: 107cm
Arm: 42cm (flexed)
Forearm: 32cm
Thigh: 65cm (evening measure has this 1cm larger)
Calf: 41cm
Waist: 83.5cm
Hips: didn't measure but usually ~39"

Haven't calculated 1RM's for awhile and I no longer perform 1RM tests. My working 1RM's are:
Bench: 145kg
ATG Squat: 155kg
Deadlift: - (haven't done for 3months, was 195kg)
ATG Front Squat: 135kg
Pullup/Chin: BW+42kg (rough estimate, it may be 5-10kg more)
Clean: 115kg
Jerk: 100kg
Snatch: 85kg
I think thats the bulk of it.

now can you translate all this in inches and pounds LOL i suck at these conversions.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Deathmaggott: Thanks for stopping by then. I hope that my log isn't a standard boring log.

Rocky: Thanks dude! I left out my most impressive measurement...

Serb: Updated just for you! But seriously kilos to pounds is easy. Double the number and add 10%. Centimetres to inches is a bit harder but a rough guide is 10cm~4" (1inch=2.54cm).

I'm feeling a bit better now, but I've still got that congested head thing happening. Will probably do some weighted pushups for sets of 10 this evening and start weights again on Monday.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex: I've been eating a lot of mandarins (the fruit, not the Chinese public officials) and drinking tea and water. Still congested, but feeling better. SO:

Upper body day

Warmups

Arm swings
Arm rotations
Free presses/pulls
Light pushup (angled 45 degrees, chest activation)
Light pullup (hang from bar, feet on ground, pull with lats for activation)
Band flys (chest and back)

Bench
bar x3 (at three widths)
60kg x3
80kg x3
100kg x1
110kg x1

BB row
Bar x3
50kg x3
DB row
40kg x3
50kg x1

Work sets
Bench
117.5kg x3
97.5kg x7
117.5kg x1
97.5kg x5 (repeating next week, should get 3&3, and 8&6-7)

Thick bar DB row (done off the bench)
60kg x3
50kg x8
60kg x3
50kg x6

Pushup
BW+5kg x15

Fatman pullup
BW+5kg x10

Sissy tricep

BB bicep
40kg x8 (used light weight as arms were already done from the rows)

Felt good considering the last week of having a cold. I'll see how the legs feel tonight.

2000 posts. Only another 10,000 to get near Tweak's.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Nice day there. The DB rows are really strong, and pushups with any weight added at all are brutal.

tim290280 said:
2000 posts. Only another 10,000 to get near Tweak's.
We haven't got too much further to go for our combined 5000, though :gaygay:

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good session and interestings warmups, im taking good note on em

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glad you're on the mend and it showed in that session. Quite a lot of work and very respectable weight!

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good weights on the bench Tim. Session is looking good as always

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how many yrs have you been training tim? awesome stats and mesurements

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex: By the time we rack up 5000 total Pain will have sold again and we will be at a new forum.

Deathmaggot: The main thing is it works!

Rocky: The hand was suprisingly strong too. It handled the thick bar pretty well. Now I feel confident to include deadlifts again in a few weeks. I'll probably alternate the Deadlifts with C&J/Snatch workouts.

Philo: Thanks dude. I'm looking to have a bit more strength on the bench and a bit more muscle on my chest.

Max-OT: I've been doing gym training for about 10-11yrs and have owned dumbbells that I lifted before that since I was 16 (13yrs). But I haven't been looking to gain much weight for a few years (aside from set backs that require rebuilding) as I don't want to go outside of the 180-190lb range. Basically I'm refining things now.

I did a Front squat and Snatch/C&J workout the other day. My mind wandered to the idea of doing this particular workout in a commercial gym. For starters I was cleaning my front squat weight first before squatting. Second I was doing sets of snatches and C&J's.

Neither of things is something that is done in gyms. For starters weightlifting lifts are hard, and marked as dangerous because of their toughness to do. Cleaning your front squat weight (the later rarely done as well) is just unheard of. That's just silly!

I was imagining the looks on people's faces as I did the hard yards on the platform, while they sat staring from the preacher curl bench. I remembered the lines I had read in a "Weight Training" book at a store "Pulling with your arms to clean to the shoulder" and how wrong they were.

A small part of me loves being different in the gym. It entertains me to know that most people have no idea of what productive training is about. But mostly it saddens me. I've had arguements with trainers before about training, most have no idea what they are talking about, others have found a way to train and are closed to any other methods. These people are the frontline, they are the beginers first point of contact, and they are filling peoples heads with another generation of bullshit.

So when I train in a gym, I am there to set the example. I make sure that I am not only training hard, but that I don't do any fluffy exercises. I make sure that people see me enjoying lifting, I make sure that every rep is 'perfect', and I make sure that if anyone wants to chat about training that they get their answers without interupting my workout.

I encourage you all to strive to be better at training. Don't lock yourself into the narrow minded training spectrum touted by the mainstream (splits :31_whip: ), and be there letting the next generation coming through that the path is over this way, not with the franchise shirt and head trainer badge.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nicely said Tim. I think the problem often is that the trainers push the conventional less effective methods becuase it's what the majority want. Most trainers want to do what other people do and it just becomes a vicious cycle because it is simply what is expected and accepted as "normal" training.

Glex

Glex

VIP
I used to do that by pressing the 100 lbs dumbells at the YMCA :49:

"Wow...he did the biggest ones...CORRECTLY..." :skurred:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Didnt know you where that tought man!
those WORKING SETS look great!!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky: I don't think its that simple. People have certain expectations from the media as to what exercise is, sure, but that doesn't mean that we have to blindly follow that. I know most housewives/etc think of exercise as aerobics and the like, but that myth can be busted straight away in the consult when they join, as the trainer is "more knowledgeable"!!! But yes it does become a vicious cycle of dogma and lunacy.

Glex: It's amazing what impresses some people too. If you bench a decent weight, everyone stand about staring, if you do a deadlift though they just think you are stupidly trying to hurt your back.

Hypo: If I was really tough I would have not been a wimpering mess when I did my knee. But thanks anyway!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
If you bench a decent weight, everyone stand about staring, if you do a deadlift though they just think you are stupidly trying to hurt your back.
!

lol I hear that! :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky: I may get to go to a gym and train next week. I'm already planning on doing a leg day with glute-ham raises done on one of the lat pulldowns if possible. :49:

Yesterday I had a shitty day with work. Then the movers came to collect some of our stuff to move to the new town where my girl has started work, and where I will be soon. I managed to be so distracted I forgot the fridge and TV that were meant to go.

I took it out on the weights. It was a good session, and I felt set for more. That can wait until I up the weight next week!

Upper body:
Warmup - you know the drill now.

Work sets
Bench
117.5kg x3
97.5kg x8
117.5kg x2
97.5kg x7 (felt good and will be 120kg and 100kg next week)

Thick bar DB Row
60kg x3
50kg x8
60kg x3
50kg x7 (these felt like my form was better this week with less upper trap involvement)

Pushups
5kg x15

Fatman pullups
5kg x12

Tricep thingy
8 (did these with the bar set 2" lower, so should have been ~10% harder)

Bicep curl
50kg x4
50kg x4 (suprisingly good, rows were obviously too easy)

Glex

Glex

VIP
tim290280 said:
Bench
(felt good and will be 120kg and 100kg next week)
Sounds good to me, man.

Sorry about the TV and fridge :49: Although that sounds suspiciously like someone was wanting to watch the football game and have a brewski...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We've got 2 fridges and 2 TV's (actually 2 everything). She was going to have the ones not being used at the moment (as she's at her parent's so less fridge space needed and less arguments about what to watch).

But now they will likely have to make a special pickup for them, or I'll have to lug them over.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Felt really bad about it last night. The movers were doing there thing, I was certain I had told them to pack everything on the list (without refering to it) and went and hit the iron.

Then I went make my shake and realised I still had 2 fridges, and Catherine would have none....... Great way to keep a long distance relationship going!!

She just calmly said that she would either get them to pick it up, or I'd have to lunk it and the TV up myself on one of the work utes.

Worlds worst boyfriend award runner up is: TIM!!!