• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
solid work tim, that circuit sure looks fun :methman:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Skeptic: :imcoolurnot: You are now a man!

Pickle: No vid of it, but then again I haven't downloaded the last lot of pics and vids of training off my camera yet. I would like to get a vid but the missus seems to like being inside in front of the heater at the moment :ugh:

Ok standard upperbody day last night. All weights in kilograms.

Upper:
Warmup

Bench
Bar x?
60x5
100x5
110x3
120x3
120x3
120x3

Thick bar dumbbell row
60x5
70x3
70x3
70x3

Pushup
20x15
20x10

Rope fatman (think of a reverse pushup/fatman pullup/inverted row, that instead of using a BB you hold onto a rope and pull out and back)
BWx8
BWx8

Rope tricep ext (ditto above)
BWx8
BWx8

BB bicep curl
50x6
50x3
40x8

Soundtrack: Guns 'n' Roses, Nightwish, Poison, Edenbridge. Licensed under Tim's iPod records.

Nice strenght there you got.Those DB rows are heavy:xyxthumbs:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
rope tricep extension would mean looking at the ground wouldnt it? If its what i think it is its hardcore and ur so repped.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Nice workout Tim. Those barbell bench presses are great man!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rageking: Fun, yes :uhoh2:

Lionheart: Thanks dude. Go heavy or go ho...... Oh already there.

Pickle: Yep pretty much facing the ground, although in the extended position you end up at a ~70 degree angle. The progression is to make that a shallower angle by moving my feet further back over time, and then lengthening the rope.

Big_guns_lance: Thanks dude. I actually want to build a new bench for at home. After training in the gym last week I can see how much better/stable things can be. It adds about 10kg to my pressing.

Last night was actually quite nice to train, although it was quite cold. Just for Pickle I video taped my two main exercises. I've tried uploading to Youtube but for some reason the server won't take them, so may have to wait a couple of days.

Lower:
Warmup

Snatch
40x3
60x3
70x3
80x3
80x3
80x2 (video)

C&J
80x3
90x2
100x2
100x2
100x2 (video) (only 2 reps on jerk not clean)

Lunge/split squat
100x5
100x4

Hammy curl
23x8
23x6

DB 1 leg Calf
52x8
52x8

BB standing calf (superset with above)
100x10
100x10

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
i know u train at home so do ur do ur hammy curls with a dumbell or do u have an attachment? sweet alround session as well

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ My bench has one of those lamo leg attachments. I actually started training one leg at a time on it as it doesn't like really heavy loads. I've used better stuff on home gym setups, but it will do until I make a glute-ham-raise.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pickle how do you do hammy curls with a dumbell?

and tim how are you going to make a glute/ham raise?

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I upload to youtube, I have to leave it at the processing screen or w/e it is or it doesn't work (takes a while). I've never gotten two to upload at the same time either.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Nice looking session there mate.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
keep hitting those db rows
thick bar seems like its for Ronnie lol :p
your uber strength is def showing off in each session man!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice presses man, bench is strong for sure:) cant wait for that video, always fun to watch members train:D

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rageking: I built my own power rack with my dad. It's not actually that hard as long as you have the tools and the time. Skill with an arc welder helps too of course. I'll probably start with a base that forms a capital I then have uprights with right angle supports, then have the base plate for the knee pad mounted on the top, and have some sort of a runner with the foot plate attached. I don't know how to do the runner unless I just go one size larger with the steel. Either way I need to buy/borrow a welder first.

Arcane: It worked this time no problems, just seemed to time out before finishing the upload.

El Freako: Thanks dude.

Hypo: :bowroflarms: maybe I should call this log the Uber strength log!?

Bulkboy: You need wait no longer;

Here is the vid:

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice vid tim. good lifts. lol at the credits:49:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome video tim! great form and execution of those clean and jerks and snatches! keep the vids coming bro:2:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
good lifts buddy, nice video and awesome credits :keke:
keep up the good work :2:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ironheart: Thanks, I thought if I have to convert these files anyway might as well have some fun with the video.

Bulkboy: What you don't see is the 3rd rep of the snatches where I get the timing of the pull wrong and end up having to drop the bar. Quite tricky to get the full hip, ankle and shoulder shrug just right to dip under at the right moment. I'm sure I'm doing other things wrong too.

Skeptic: Thanks dude.

tkD: Thanks dude.

I'm not sure whether I can be bothered with bench/row sessions as far as vids go as they always look kinda lame. Might tape the next time I do pullups or chins (probably later today), and squats vids are kinda mandatory so I'll get some of them soon too.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice vids, i noticed you dont go all the way down doing snatches or clean and jerks. is there a reason? or is that just a different way to do them

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rageking: the reason I don't go all the way down on the catch is that I am doing a power snatch and power clean. Until recently I was doing the snatch and clean and catching in the lowest position. I've found though that on the clean I don't exert the full power on the bar as I don't get full extension before I drop under. This means I take a lot of load onto a bent knee rather than a gentle decelaration. In the snatch I noticed that I would lose the lift forward due to a lack of shoulder mobility.

I actually prefer doing the clean as a power clean, it just feels better to me. I prefer the full snatch as it seems to click with me. I'm working on the shoulder so that I can improve my snatch, but the power snatch is still good. Even if they are limiting the weight I can put overhead.