• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to see you back in the log Tim.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rageking: Well it is under cover so not directly getting rained on, just that wind driven misty spray and the wetness on the ground. But the cold is getting to me. I bought athletic compressive pants and top that are meant to keep the muscles and connective tissues warm so that you have less injury problems in winter training, they work but they don't cover your hands and head.

El Freako: I don't know that there is anything you can't do in a home gym, within reason of course. Barbell, adjustable bench and power rack and you can do most things that any other gym has.

Tunen: This should have been the video post :angrydude: For some reason my work internet connection doesn't like uploading to Youtube. I've got the video all set to upload but it will have to wait until this evening to be put up.

tkD: Meh, I'm not overly impressed with my front squats. Don't get me wrong I've come a long way in the past couple of years: from not being able to bend my knee to ATG squats with this sort of weight; but it still feels as though I could/should be better.

Big_guns_lance: I'm hoping to have a 140kg front squat soonish, sooner than my work connection will allow a video posting at least.

Achilles: Great to be back!:tiphat:

Ok watch this space. I should be able to use the internet connection at home to upload the video, unlike this stupid work one (who'd have thought they only want it used for work?!). Should have just done it last night while I was making it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Skeptic: soon soon.

Rageking said:
hat and gloves? :wutyousay:
And maybe I can get a handbag and some lipstick while I'm at it :gaygay:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
El Freako: I don't know that there is anything you can't do in a home gym, within reason of course. Barbell, adjustable bench and power rack and you can do most things that any other gym has.

I've never had enough space for a power rack :(

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Great video there Tim! Nice chins and front squats, keep em coming budddy

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah nice video man, those chins looked great, and front squats too, awesome form on those front squats and with some heavy ass weight too:2:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
for a video directed by Tim in association with Tim, it's really great :keke:

nice workout there bro, keep it up :2: ... and Tim productions ftw :D

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
El Freako: The setup is rather bulky but it is better than training in a gym where they don't like weightlifting, deadlifts and hard work!

Lance: I like the vids just to see where I'm at form wise but they are a real hassle to make, especially in winter.

Bulkboy: You would be surprised at how much I was struggling to keep my squat form together! But I have to strengthen and grow my hammys so it'll keep being an issue. At least I'm fixing those weak points so my squat will improve long term.

tkD: Glad you liked it. The first version I lost as windows movie maker crashed as I was saving!

Rageking: Pfft! I'm getting a training dress as we speak!:bowroflarms: Seriously though I hate training aids that are designed to make things easier; like gloves, straps, wraps, belts, etc.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
nice work on the video mate! ill be hoping to chin like that in the future hehe

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Skeptic: Thanks dude. I think as long as you work on adding weight and doing some sort of double progression that it won't take to long to achieve!

Well I've trained a couple of times since I last posted here; and they all sucked. Just to give you an idea I'll post last nights suckiest of sucky workouts that ever sucked.

Snatches
40kg
60kg
70kg
80kg fail (remember that last week I did this for reps for multi sets and was going to add 5kg this week)

C&J
80kg (fucked the jerk big time)

Snatch drops
80kg (fail!)

At this point I just thought fuck it I'll do some squats.
Squats
100kg
120kg
140kg
150kg
100kg

Calves
100kg
120kg

Shitty workout! It was a good day for it too, best day for training in 2 weeks, and likely to be the last decent training day for another week!

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn it always sucks to have a bad session. just pisses you off.
ive been doing the same past few sessions, numbers go down instead of up :angrydude:

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice olympic lifts. how does your workout plan looks like?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rageking: It certainly does annoying the hell out of me. In your case I'm wondering if you need a week off or a back off? In my case I have no excuse. I have been feeling shit mentally though and achieving SFA at work (hence my posting here regularly.

Achilles: Thanks. I try to think of what my workout looks like, or how it is planned...... Basic overview was posted back a couple of pages ago. Try to think of it as a upper/lower 4 days a week, four routines, superset antagonist exercises, emphasis on weak points (hammys, calves) with dual loading progression over a 4 week phase with a back off of one week run for a macrocycle of 12 weeks before complete overhaul.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ull come back stronger tim:2: we all have those bad days when everything just feels heavy. could be alot of things, stress, not enough food/sleep. ull pwn it the next time. on a sidenote, it looks like u follow the pyramid principle urself buddy;)

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Sorry fore the shit day training. we all have bad days. i just walk out my gym when im having a bad workout, because when i do...thats it im a gonna. i just try to make sure it doesnt happen again.

Good squts though Tim :2:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bulkboy: Yeh but it doesn't make training in the meantime feel any better. And yes that was a pyramid of sorts as I wanted to get something out of the workout without having to challenge myself. Just kept going till I could only get a double then a back off.:coolguy:

Big_guns_lance: I would like to have just walked away but my training has been a little erratic so I actually needed to at least do something to keep my strength up. And as you will see with this post the shit continues.

Last night rained again. I decided I needed to do an upper body similar to the last session I did; keep adding weight until I can only get a double. Refreshing and it may help keep my strength up while I'm having a couple of shitty training weeks.

General warmup

Incline BB Bench
60kg
80kg
100kg
110kg
115kg
80kgx10

Chinups
BW
+20kg
+30kg
+35kg
+40kg
+45kg
BWx10

DB Tricep OH ext
15x12
15x12

DB Bicep
22x8
22x7

Soundtrack: AC/DC, Guns 'n' Roses, Within Temptation.