• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry to heat about the traps dude, I wish you a fast recovery.

@ Freak ROFL. I'm about to put an ad in the paper for a Training partner my self lol.

Strong, loves to Squat, can train anyday of the week and loves unloading weight, knowledge of spotting required.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey timmy, hope all is going great and u had a awesome workout today bro :)
Aussie power :keke:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
El Freako: :methman:

Samoan: I hope you didn't put that in the personals section, guys may get the wrong idea. Unless that was what you were hoping for :gaygay:

Dridz: Thanks dude. I did have a good one!!

I trained hammys a bit differently to what I'd planned to do. I didn't want to load the traps so I did Good Mornings instead. They worked really well, but I had to be really careful since I don't usually do these and I'm not a fan of fucking my back up.

Hammys:

Good Mornings
20kg x10
60kg x10
70kg x8
80kg x8
80kg x8
80kg x8 (not really heavy but got a good stretch without losing form in the lower back)

Donkey calf raise
40kg x15
single leg 60kg x8 superset with
Double leg 60kg x15

SL 60kg x8
DL 60kg x12

SL 60kg x8
DL 60kg x12

Soundtrack:
starts at about 40sec mark

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good job Tim, and umm... the personals ad is for weight lifting partners only this would be my personals ad for women.

Jamie Eason ..nuff said.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Strong chins and squats timmy.Good call for not going crazy with GMs:xyxthumbs:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks everyone. I'm going to rep all my regular visitors after I've posted this.

Just finished a chest session. Went ok. Everything felt heavy but that is probably down to how late I stayed up last night watching DVD's and how crap my paper writing has gone this afternoon (should have it done by now).

Chest:

Bench
60kg x5
80kg x5
100kg x10
100kg x8
100kg x6 (taking it easy on the shoulders still but these felt heavy and moved slow)

W holds
2.5kg x5 (10secs per rep)
2.5kg x5
2.5kg x5

Standing MP
33kg x5
53kg x5
53kg x3 (these were shithouse. I'm going to include these more often. Clearly lacking shoulder strength)

Incline Bicep curl
18.5kg x10
18.5kg x7

Soundtrack:
The wind in the trees. Didn't take my iPod out there today. But I did listen to this just before heading out.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice one bud, take vids and watch them I do and it helps me observe and reconsider what I thought was hard cause some of the shit I do I think is hard until I look at the vids and im like wtf that was easy.

and the music is "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse.

Incase you were unaware of title I listen to them everytime i work out lol, them and avenged sevenfold.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
awww... the old dude is falling apart :D

Great workouts though big Tim!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Samoan: I'm not a big Muse fan but I have some of their stuff. Oh and I do occassionally tape my workout or key lifts to see what I'm doing. Check back through the thread and you'll see a few.

Skeptic: I think it is the stress and lack of a holiday that is catching up with me. I haven't had a couple of weeks off in 4yrs.

Anyway:

My books have arrived for Xmas. My wonderful girl bought me three books for Xmas: Weightlifters manual; Woodworking; and Woodworking tools. Flicking through the weightlifting book it struck me how much more weightlifters understand about training, and how people who don't speak english as a first language write like they don't as well (written by an Egyptian weightlifting coach).

Oh and I did quads last night and nailed a PB. Didn't feel that great going into it and was considering not training, but I'm going to miss at least two days with travel this week. Had to man up and face the bar.

Quads

Squats
60kg x5
100kg x5
120kg x3
140kg x2
160kg x1 PB (I had two in me for all but the last set. I was about to do the second rep but ripped my shorts.....)
160kg x1
160kg x1
160kg x1

Standing calf raise
160kg x10
160kg x10
160kg x15 (5 half reps forces out)

Step up (22" block)
12kg x15
12kg x15

Soundtrack:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Skeptic: I think it is the stress and lack of a holiday that is catching up with me. I haven't had a couple of weeks off in 4yrs.

I think its cos you're old :carduindisguise.

Huge squats for an old-timer though :hyperguy:.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Congrats on the PB, remember the squat bar is your friend.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice PB tim,congrats.Benchpress and calf raises looking strong also.:xyxthumbs:
So you got an early christmas present..how unfair:disgust:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
El Freako: And this old timer was stiff and sore the next day! :49:

Samoan: It took me a long time to learn to squat properly. It wasn't until a year after I did my knee that I went to high bar ATG squatting. I swear that it was the best thing I ever did to chuck my ego out and learn to squat properly.

Lionheart: My bench is ok considering the on-going shoulder issue. It should improve over the next little while. I'm hoping to get up to triples with 140kg once this shoulder is right. My calf raises will hopefully add the extra inch onto my calves that they lack. They are the only part of me that hasn't gotten bigger this past year. Pretty much I just haven't trained them right or heavy enough. Oh and the book is Essentials of Weightlifting and Strength Training. THe guy just gets what lifting is about, even if his writing is a little brocken.

I'm not going to get a chance to train for the next two days so I combined a couple of things last night.

C&J
60kg x5
80kg x5 (the last jerk had me seeing stars)
90kg x2
100kg x1
110kg xfail
I was disappointed with this, form is no good. I'll have to read my new book and figure out what I'm doing wrong and fix it.

Deadhang chinups (paused for 2 secs at the bottom of each rep)
These were a lot harder than you'd think, especially after the C&J's.

Soundtrack:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh thats what you call those chins.Ive been doing them for while.Lat soreness is expected:keke:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, the clean and jerk has always been iffy for me to do cause of the injury possiblity that comes with it. But if you got the perfect from down with it you're good. Nice work bud.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lionheart: They are definitely harder to do but I don't find them as effective as tying weight around me to do chins. But when I want to do reps with BW that is the way I do them. I don't do the same for pullups though due to the wider hand spacing and shoulder position.

Samoan: Not to be a douche, but the chance of injury from the C&J and Snatch is actually no greater and statistically is far lower than any other weight training activity. This is partly due to the complexity of the lift and the need for correct form and coaching, but mainly due to the loads shifted relative to BW and the correct technique being needed for heavier loads.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Samoan: Not to be a douche, but the chance of injury from the C&J and Snatch is actually no greater and statistically is far lower than any other weight training activity. This is partly due to the complexity of the lift and the need for correct form and coaching, but mainly due to the loads shifted relative to BW and the correct technique being needed for heavier loads.

Not to be a douche back, but thats eaxactly what I said in a single sentence. :tiphat:
Edit: ok two sentences lol, sorry got food poisoning, I'm confused.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Samoan: I was referring to the fact that you mentioned C&J as though it was a bad exercise for you. I was trying to say that it is very hard for it to be a bad exercise as without good technique there will never be enough weight on the bar to do damage. Guess we both need to go back to comprehension school :xyxthumbs:

I've changed my training back to upper/lower after a month of splits. I was missing too many days as soon as work started interfering so need something that will cover more each session.

Upper

Bench
20kg x20
60kg x10
80kg x8
100kg x8
105kg x6
110kg x4 (all three sets were nice and easy done continuous tension style)

W holds
2.5kg x5 15sec
2.5kg x5 10sec
2.5kg x5 10sec

DB Rows
32kg x10
40kg x8
50kg x8
55kg x8 (trying to get the middle and lower traps incorporated in this so that I have a better recruitment pattern)

Standing press
40kg x10
50kg x10

Next upper session will be all closed kinetic chain exercises.

Soundtrack: