• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Too much water?

TheMuscleBear

TheMuscleBear

Banned
Joined
Jun 15, 2017
Messages
35
Points
0
Re: To much water?

The body has a natural mechanism for letting you know when you need to drink water - that's why there's such a thing as feeling thirsty. :) Bodybuilding and performance athletes should drink a gallon of water daily minimum. That being said, there's no real reason to force yourself into drinking an excessive amount of water on a daily basis.
 
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
Re: To much water?

My experience is you can take a lot of water a few hours before a workout but never just before working out, drinking a lot just before working out will bloat your tummy and would make you piss a lot during your workout, that's why it's better to drink just a few gulps to before workout and everytime you get thirsty during your workout. After your workout you can opt to drink whatever amount of water you want.
 
jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
118
Points
18
Re: To much water?

If you want to know if you are Dehydrated, the Color of your Urine will answer that question.
If it's Dark Yellow, you are definitely Dehydrated.
Your Urine should be Clear or Very Light Yellow, then you know you are drinking enough.

Too Much Water is a Relative Question.
So long as it's Not making you Sick to your Stomach, then you are OK.
I regularly drink around 2 Gallons a Day in the Summer.

And Don't Drink Ice Cold Water in the Heat.
You can get Stomach Cramps or become Light Headed, it's a Shock to the System………………………… JP
 
maj79

maj79

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
267
Points
18
Re: To much water?

If you want to know if you are Dehydrated, the Color of your Urine will answer that question.
If it's Dark Yellow, you are definitely Dehydrated.
Your Urine should be Clear or Very Light Yellow, then you know you are drinking enough.

Too Much Water is a Relative Question.
So long as it's Not making you Sick to your Stomach, then you are OK.
I regularly drink around 2 Gallons a Day in the Summer.

And Don't Drink Ice Cold Water in the Heat.
You can get Stomach Cramps or become Light Headed, it's a Shock to the System………………………… JP

I work in the sundown this is something we look for and preach about. No matter what the guys beg for ice cold water too. Never listening to logic.

With that said my pee stays yellow mainly do to all my vitamin consumption but I try to get at least 10 16oz bottles down a day but when it’s a hot day I’ll easily knock down 16 bottles
 
jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
118
Points
18
Re: To much water?

If you want to know if you are Dehydrated, the Color of your Urine will answer that question.
If it's Dark Yellow, you are definitely Dehydrated.
Your Urine should be Clear or Very Light Yellow, then you know you are drinking enough.

Too Much Water is a Relative Question.
So long as it's Not making you Sick to your Stomach, then you are OK.
I regularly drink around 2 Gallons a Day in the Summer.

And Don't Drink Ice Cold Water in the Heat.
You can get Stomach Cramps or become Light Headed, it's a Shock to the System………………………… JP

I work in the sundown this is something we look for and preach about. No matter what the guys beg for ice cold water too. Never listening to logic.

With that said my pee stays yellow mainly do to all my vitamin consumption but I try to get at least 10 16oz bottles down a day but when it’s a hot day I’ll easily knock down 16 bottles

Depending on the Vitamin or Vitamins, your Urine can be a Bright Yellow, or Bright Yellow, with a Tinge of Green.
But when you are Dehydrated, that's a Dark Yellow.

Glad to see that you Pay Attention to what's coming out.
So many People don't, and can miss some early signs of a Problem...……………………… JP
 
maj79

maj79

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
267
Points
18
Re: To much water?

If you want to know if you are Dehydrated, the Color of your Urine will answer that question.
If it's Dark Yellow, you are definitely Dehydrated.
Your Urine should be Clear or Very Light Yellow, then you know you are drinking enough.

Too Much Water is a Relative Question.
So long as it's Not making you Sick to your Stomach, then you are OK.
I regularly drink around 2 Gallons a Day in the Summer.

And Don't Drink Ice Cold Water in the Heat.
You can get Stomach Cramps or become Light Headed, it's a Shock to the System………………………… JP

I work in the sundown this is something we look for and preach about. No matter what the guys beg for ice cold water too. Never listening to logic.

With that said my pee stays yellow mainly do to all my vitamin consumption but I try to get at least 10 16oz bottles down a day but when it’s a hot day I’ll easily knock down 16 bottles

Depending on the Vitamin or Vitamins, your Urine can be a Bright Yellow, or Bright Yellow, with a Tinge of Green.
But when you are Dehydrated, that's a Dark Yellow.

Glad to see that you Pay Attention to what's coming out.
So many People don't, and can miss some early signs of a Problem...……………………… JP

I have strict policy I use. If I haven’t pissed before 8:00am I kill 16 oz of water. I tell my crew this to insure they get the right amount of water. There’s been times I was over 10 bottles before I had to piss
 

Similar threads

Top