• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Trainings frequency

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
^^ Definitely. Lactic acid clears very soon, much sooner than people think. Drop in blood pH and bam you've got LA.

Nice addition.
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
^^ Definitely. Lactic acid clears very soon, much sooner than people think. Drop in blood pH and bam you've got LA.

Nice addition.

It's been known for ages now that the "lactic acid" has nothing to do with DOMS. But that is a great study though, Robergs is one of the leading researchers in metabolic acidosis, the last line of that study is something that should be read until it seeps in.

But furthermore, there are a TON of misconceptions related to "lactic acid", depending on the context, stating that as soon as you've got LA could be a bit misleading. For example, did you know that sitting here right now, your testes are using lactate as a substrate for energy? Lactate is something i've taught about in an intro to exercise phys class, I'd be happy to go over it in another thread.
 
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
5,621
Points
38
some great info on here !!! thanks guys :tiphat:
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Lactate is something i've taught about in an intro to exercise phys class, I'd be happy to go over it in another thread.
Please do.

I was fascinated with the idea that lactate actually promotes signal strength of nerve pulses through the muscles when fatigued.
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
I'll try and make that thread early next week, lets say tuesday when I have some more free time. It's gonna take a while to type it all out.
 
A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
765
Points
18
Wow this turned out in a great thread. Thanks for that guys :xyxthumbs:
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
Most has been cover with great details and research behind it,

but im still interested in hearing more about it from other peoples views
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
I like more frequent training like ub/lb or fb. from my personal experience it just feels better and it made me grow better as well. I had to get used to it before since I trained split only but now I would not change it back very quick. On the other hand it depends on someones experience level. Imo someone whos an elite level lifter could benefid more from split type training than a novice/intermediate. Ub/lb or fb routine are a bit more tricky to create. Peopel tend to overdo things which is not needed. Simplify and win!
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
this is something im getting ready to do

Monday: Quads & Calves
Tuesday: Chest & Biceps
Wednesday: Back & Triceps & forearms
Thursday: Shoulders & Hamstrings
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Repeat
Sunday:
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
this is something im getting ready to do

Monday: Quads & Calves
Tuesday: Chest & Biceps
Wednesday: Back & Triceps & forearms
Thursday: Shoulders & Hamstrings
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Repeat
Sunday:

I dunno if your on "sups" or something otherwise I find it a bit much. I would go for 3 days on 1 off at the max. Or you could try an upper/lower body split 4 days a week.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
I dunno if your on "sups" or something otherwise I find it a bit much. I would go for 3 days on 1 off at the max. Or you could try an upper/lower body split 4 days a week.

How would the upperbody/lower body routine look?.
Supps will be added in time,
but im still trying to figure a routine out that will include enough rest with days off and not over training.


Back to the drawing board, ill definitely try 3 on/ 1 off
 
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
3,475
Points
38
Epic thread is epic. I want to salute everybody here for making all of us more cultured. Thank you from the deep and dark corners of my soul.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
I started to add my 2c, but it ended up so rambling that I deleted it. Good thread though.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
In terms of soreness I get sore from every training i do although training fullbody makes the soreness easier to negotiate then training 1 bodypart a week. I cant imagine going back to squats,lunges, leg curls, good mornings/stiffies, calf raises all in the one session because it used to make my legs sore and pretty hard to walk/ take a Boris from 2 days after to 5 or even 7 days after. This in turn made going for a walk, making love, working, taking a dump and even coming back to the gym to do other bodyparts less fun for me.

Also id found when doing splitts in the past (1 day a week bodyparts) my strength increases would be random(i was less likely to find a groove, which inturn caused me to pick exercises that i shouldnt of been doing, that id never do just so i could say i did a pb.)So splitts created a false level of progression for me. Where as doing full body and practicing the same movements 2 or 3 times a week(heavy,light and moderate days) my increase in strength was/is a lot more constant. So instead of saying "yes new pb on smith machine one legged one arm rows"(like i would after splitt training) I was saying "my bench has increased by 2.5kgs every session using the same ammount of reps."
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
How would the upperbody/lower body routine look?.
Supps will be added in time,
but im still trying to figure a routine out that will include enough rest with days off and not over training.


Back to the drawing board, ill definitely try 3 on/ 1 off

Imo peopel tend to think a bit too much in muscle groups instead of movements which is imo way more functional. A basic UB/LB routine would be something like this

Upper:
Bench/BB or DB
Row
Incl Bench/MP
Chin/Pull ups
Biceps
Triceps

Lower:
Squat/DL
RDL/Leg Curl
FSQ/Leg Presses
Another ham exercises
Calves
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
In terms of soreness I get sore from every training i do although training fullbody makes the soreness easier to negotiate then training 1 bodypart a week. I cant imagine going back to squats,lunges, leg curls, good mornings/stiffies, calf raises all in the one session because it used to make my legs sore and pretty hard to walk/ take a Boris from 2 days after to 5 or even 7 days after. This in turn made going for a walk, making love, working, taking a dump and even coming back to the gym to do other bodyparts less fun for me.

Also id found when doing splitts in the past (1 day a week bodyparts) my strength increases would be random(i was less likely to find a groove, which inturn caused me to pick exercises that i shouldnt of been doing, that id never do just so i could say i did a pb.)So splitts created a false level of progression for me. Where as doing full body and practicing the same movements 2 or 3 times a week(heavy,light and moderate days) my increase in strength was/is a lot more constant. So instead of saying "yes new pb on smith machine one legged one arm rows"(like i would after splitt training) I was saying "my bench has increased by 2.5kgs every session using the same ammount of reps."
:2:
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
Imo peopel tend to think a bit too much in muscle groups instead of movements which is imo way more functional. A basic UB/LB routine would be something like this

Upper:
Bench/BB or DB
Row
Incl Bench/MP
Chin/Pull ups
Biceps
Triceps

Lower:
Squat/DL
RDL/Leg Curl
FSQ/Leg Presses
Another ham exercises
Calves

I Might Give UB/LB A try later in the year,

I currently put this together
5 days aweek with 2 days off
3days on
1 day off
2 days on
1 day off

Monday: Chest
tuesday: Back
Wednesday: Shoulders
Thursday: Off
Friday: Quads
Saturday:chest
Sunday: off

So The following Monday would be a Back workout

With the include of FST-7 on my weak points.
But my question is
how often can the FST-7 be used doing the week?
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
i do a both ub/lb and split

something like this:

day 1 ub
day 2 lb
day 3-off
day 4-chest,back
day5-legs
day 6-arms,shoulders

it´s fun and i like it and you get that frequency
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
To D. and anyone interested.

My UB/LB routine 2x a week is organized as follows:

mon: ub
tue: lb
wed: off
thu: ub
fri: lb
sat: off
sun: off

It's that way to fit better with my job (i work more hours on wednesdays). anyway it has the advantage that there are at least two days with at least one off between sessions of the same bodyparts.
Missing sessions here and there due to schedule reasons (trips, meetings or conferences in my case) is not that catastrophic because if you manage to train two days at least you've trained your whole body that week, not biceps and delts only or shit like that. That's a point to consider.
If you miss, say thrsday you always can do a fullbody session on friday and keep the "twice-a-week" or do ub and start with lb the next monday.
 
German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
1,032
Points
38
Im a big Fullbody routine enthusiast, it just works... practically, and physically it really leaves me more time ordinary life things. I still end up with results better than most people in my gym who do 5-6 days splits 20-30 sets a bodypart. (could be diet too)

I also prepare most of my food in advance so i really save some time

monday - cook
tuesday - FB
wednesday - off
thursday FB
Friday - cook
Saturday - FB
sunday -off

each session revolves around a big lift (Squat, Bench, Deadlift) which is usually the first exercise i do, always shooting for progressive overload on the heavy multijoint exercises. Finish off with some static stretches afterwards and im good to go. No DOMS ever.
 

Similar threads

philosopher
Replies
48
Views
12K
Glex
Glex
MuscleMaverick
Replies
1
Views
35
kev_b1989
kev_b1989
SteelPhysique
Replies
1
Views
153
annelifts
annelifts
MuscleMaverick
Replies
2
Views
194
RockyBuilder
RockyBuilder
Top