• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What kind of bodybuilding supplements do you use?

C

coloradoreign

Whey
morph (Isatori)
Creatine
L-leucine
liquid vitamin

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
at the moment

Whey
creatine
BCAA
Vitamin C
Fish oil
glutamine

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
at the moment...

Whey
Creatine
B6+ Vit.C

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whey + dextrose.... i`m a poor guy

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
At the moment...fuck all

Justwonderin

Justwonderin

Lean mass/cutting cycles:
Isopure protein
vitamins
fish oil

Mass Mass-
Pre-workout NO Shotgun
Post workout NO synthesize
+Liquid Amino acids either optimum nutrition brand or Met-rx
vitamins
fish oil

B

Bigpapa

What kind of supplements do you use..?

I use N.O Xplode, whey protein, and creatine, and of course a multi vitamin.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Re: What kind of supplements do you use..?

I use N.O Xplode, whey protein, and creatine, and of course a multi vitamin.

and that's all you need.

I would loose the NO and buy some maltodextrine.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I am surprised that no one talks about vitamin C more often. I would expect athletes, lifters especially, to be taking huge amounts of vitamin C.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP

I am surprised that no one talks about vitamin C more often. I would expect athletes, lifters especially, to be taking huge amounts of vitamin C.

why so big ben what are vit C effects? is there a benefit to take vit c a side form your multi?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

why so big ben what are vit C effects? is there a benefit to take vit c a side form your multi?

Absolutely, for starters it is very non toxic and an pretty good antioxidant. But the real reason I made the comment is because collagen, the most abundant protein in the human body, requires vitamin C to be synthesized. You also need enzymes and Cu2+ ions. Collgen is a fiberous protein that provides stability to your lungs, ligaments, tendons, blood vessels, and the corneas or our eyes. COllagen is composed of a repeat unit of 2 amino acids and an amino acid derivative. (Glycine)-(proline)-(4-hydroxy-proline) or it can also be compose of (Glycine)-(proline)-(5-hydroxy-lysine). 4-hydroxy-proline is derived in an enzymatic process which requires vitamin C and Cu2+ ions, and an enzyme called prolylhydroxylase. 5-hydroxy-Lysine is derived in the same manner with Vitamin C, Cu2+ ion, and an enzyme called lysylhydroxylase. If a person does not have the vitamin C they WILL NOT synthesize the collagen repeat unit properly. More collagen helps with joint strength, stability. Furthermore white tea, silver needle and peony strains, have substances in them that inhibit the enzymes responsible for collagen degradation. White tea, the strains i mentioned, have a chemical that accounts for almost 30% of its dry weight, called EGCG. This is a chemically highly reduced molecule and has antioxidant activity up to 100x's greater than that of vitamin C and white teas have only 15mg of caffeine per serving, depending on the amount in a serving of course.

Humans are one of the few mammals that do not have the appropriate enzymes to synthesize vitamin C from glucose. We actually have 2 of the 3 necessary enzymes, but lack the 3rd enzyme and thus cannot onvert glucose into vitamin C. In animals that can synthesize vitamin C from glucose we find that these animals have any where from 5 to 10 times the amount of vitamin C in their blood stream per amount of lean tissue than do humans. Also when animals have infections the amount of vitamin C they synthesize from glucose increases, which is interesting.

Beyond being an antioxidant and a necessary nutrient for the synthesis of collagen, vitamin C is an antihistamine, and it is also required for macrophages ability to perform phagocytosis, cell eating. For a non-athlete dosages of vitamin C range from 3-6grams of vitamin C a day. For an athlete Vit C intake can range from 4-10grams a day depending on the athletes metabolism.

Vitamin C is an acid, and it has one relevant pKa value to the human environment, which is 1.7. This means that pH>pKa, the acid donates its proton increasing acidity in the body. The body has a pH of ~7.35-7.40, the pKa value of the acid is 1.7, so the pH>pKa which means this particular proton on the vitamin C structure is donated to the body, and is an acid. That is one concern with high intakes of vitamin C. The other concern is that vitamin C is a water soluble molecule and can cause dehydration and/or diarrhea. The way this works is that vit C molecule binds to water in the large intestine and increases water in the bowel, thus diarrhea. Because of these effects of vitamin C the recommended dosage is to take Vit C up to the point of bowel tolerance. This means that one should find out the dose at which vitamin C gives them diarrhea and decrease the dosage by a gram and continue with that dosage. Vitamin C should be administered every 3-5 hours, depending on the amount required in a day. Dosage ranges from 500mg-1500 mg every 3-5 hours. It seems most rational to start at a low dosage and increase it as a person is able to tolerate.

Last edited:
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

^^ In fact, I take 1000mg of Vit C per day + my multivitamin-multimineral.

Whey, BCAA's, Multivit/Minelal, Vit C, Omega3. That's my stack.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

cla-multivitamin-vitamic c-alpha lipoic acid-glutathione-caffeine

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Not always but from time to time I use:

Some Protein
BCAA's
Minerals
vitamins
Omega 3 - 6 - 9
Caffeine-Carnitine
Green Tea-Red-Black-Mate

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I love the tea to COACH! I just ordered 3 lbs from a whole sale organic herbs shop online. I got 1 lb of white peony, a 1lb or red rooibos, and a lb of yerba mate plus shipping was only 40% All organic. Good stuff.

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I love the tea to COACH! I just ordered 3 lbs from a whole sale organic herbs shop online. I got 1 lb of white peony, a 1lb or red rooibos, and a lb of yerba mate plus shipping was only 40% All organic. Good stuff.
Excellent Bro!
For me it is one of the ways to cheat a bit of my body!
At the same time try to move forward with less cost and good things!
This leaves me in a state of satisfaction and not leave me hungry!
Infusions will anyway always tasty and healthy!

Last edited:
Cork

Cork

I'm a bare bones kind of guy. I've been using the same stuff forever. I recently added ZMA and have been seeing awesome gains.

Scivation Whey
1MR
Gatorade powder
Creatine
Multi vitamin
Fish oils
ZMA

If Poliquin says he gives ALL his athletes ZMA, I'm prone to believe that I'm deficient in it too.

T

Trystan

Sorry guys i don't use any kind of supplements.
I think exercise is the best supplement for me.
And i am not a fat man i only do exercise for looking slim and smart.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

^^ Then you don't need any supps, you are right.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP

I don't like tea.. the whole idea of hot water with some sort of taste creeps the **** out of me..