• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Xiva - Strength block!

X

Xiva

Banned
Thanks prinze.

184 cm.

My rows were shit, but i was tired :) 75were alot better.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
was close, im 1.87, my form on deads are the same, fron squats about the same

Sentinel

Sentinel

I hate barbell rows because it takes away the stress from the upper back and makes the movement into a full body jerk almost....And this isn't y'all fault: it's the nature of the exercise. Thats why I personally love Dumbbell Rows and Cable Rows a lot more. They hit the upper back much more efficiently.

I also think your Deadlift were really really good. You maintain good form at all times and I think thats very very impressive! Major props to you for that.

As for Front Squats: good form. You have good ROM. With the mobility drills you're doing you'll only get better. Make sure you don't allow your knees to come in. Mental cues are very important. So when you are doing the lift, don't think "knees should not come in". This creates negative reinforcement. Think something positive like "knees pushed out".

X

Xiva

Banned
I hate barbell rows because it takes away the stress from the upper back and makes the movement into a full body jerk almost....And this isn't y'all fault: it's the nature of the exercise. Thats why I personally love Dumbbell Rows and Cable Rows a lot more. They hit the upper back much more efficiently.

I also think your Deadlift were really really good. You maintain good form at all times and I think thats very very impressive! Major props to you for that.

As for Front Squats: good form. You have good ROM. With the mobility drills you're doing you'll only get better. Make sure you don't allow your knees to come in. Mental cues are very important. So when you are doing the lift, don't think "knees should not come in". This creates negative reinforcement. Think something positive like "knees pushed out".

You're right. Usally they are alot more strict, but 80kg was a new PR and i was tired as fuck :) I also do like DB rows alot more. As you said, i might change this soon, to do DB rows only. But i like the mixture between those 2 exercises, i've been doing great process by doing 1xbarbell rows and 1xDB rows a week. Might go for Cable rows and DB rows, are we talking seated cable rows? Close or wide grip?

Think i'll be going for wide, so that my target will be the back of my shoulders - Elbows out
When i do DB rows - Elbows in, for the lats.

I believe that will be awesome. Do you have a link for the exercise, you would suggest?

Thanks man. Deadlift and squat are really my number one favor exercises. Not sumo deadlift, i hate that, and will not do it :) My "Mentor" asked me about that, i said no :) Simply hate it... :D

Will do that, my main problem, which doesn't show very well, is that i tend to fall over and loose the "arch" in my back. I get a round lower back. I've been thinking wrong lately. I've been doing plank, but imo you can really withdraw plank strength into squat, it will help me alot in DL, which it did. But i'm gonna do some Plate loaded front squat, and see if that helps.
- Thanks btw.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Barbell rows are a very good move for back IMO, a bit of leg drive doent hurt anyone, and no other back exersice ( t-bar rows) can load the whole back like BB rows

Dumbell rows are awesome for sure, and cable rows have their place, but you cant compare them to BB rows imo, just look at the guys with the best back development and back strength, big rowers!

Sentinel

Sentinel

Barbell rows are a very good move for back IMO, a bit of leg drive doent hurt anyone, and no other back exersice ( t-bar rows) can load the whole back like BB rows

Dumbell rows are awesome for sure, and cable rows have their place, but you cant compare them to BB rows imo, just look at the guys with the best back development and back strength, big rowers!

Actually, the best Deadlifters are the guys with the strongest upper backs and to build the strongest upper back you need the most efficiency which dumbbell rows beats barbell rows at.

However, I agree with you on that everything has it's place. That is why, IMO, doing more than 2 back rowing exercises is a good thing. I prefer dumbbell rows and cable rows because it hits everything. This is in addition to weighted pull-ups, facepulls and deadlifts.

So yeah, you're right, everything has it's place but dumbbell rows are better for back training versus barbell rows.

Sentinel

Sentinel

You're right. Usally they are alot more strict, but 80kg was a new PR and i was tired as fuck :) I also do like DB rows alot more. As you said, i might change this soon, to do DB rows only. But i like the mixture between those 2 exercises, i've been doing great process by doing 1xbarbell rows and 1xDB rows a week. Might go for Cable rows and DB rows, are we talking seated cable rows? Close or wide grip?

I understand. It makes sense...nobody's form is a 100% on new PRs. DB Rows to me are just more effective because of their carry over onto the deadlift. Doing more rowing work is just awesome all-round. I was talking about Seated Cable Rows with the v-bar. It's up to you though...you can do anything you like.

Think i'll be going for wide, so that my target will be the back of my shoulders - Elbows out
When i do DB rows - Elbows in, for the lats.

sounds good but you should know that most row variations hit the upper back and middle back (as in the case of cable rows).

I believe that will be awesome. Do you have a link for the exercise, you would suggest?

I've got almost all my rows in my press/back/full body training videos...look it up because I honestly can't remember off the top of my head. Next time when I do them, I'll let you know though.

Thanks man. Deadlift and squat are really my number one favor exercises. Not sumo deadlift, i hate that, and will not do it :) My "Mentor" asked me about that, i said no :) Simply hate it... :D

I hate sumo too. Plus, unless you're a geared PL'er, sumo is useless. None of the top DL'ers in the world pull sumo.

Will do that, my main problem, which doesn't show very well, is that i tend to fall over and loose the "arch" in my back. I get a round lower back. I've been thinking wrong lately. I've been doing plank, but imo you can really withdraw plank strength into squat, it will help me alot in DL, which it did. But i'm gonna do some Plate loaded front squat, and see if that helps.
- Thanks btw.

Well, that arch is because of hip mobility. Do the drills deligently. You'll be fine. It takes a while to get used to.

Core training is the key to strength training. You're right about that.

X

Xiva

Banned
27/03/2010

To feel strong, to walk amongst humans with a tremendous feeling of confidence and superiority is not at all wrong. The sense of superiority in bodily strength is borne out by the long history of mankind paying homage in folklore, song and poetry to strong men

benchpressdetails2-1.jpg

Bench press

1x6 @ 32,5kg
1x6 @ 40kg
1x6 @ 47,5kg
1x6 @ 55kg
1x6 @ 62,5kg
1x6 @ 70kg

DB shoulder press

1x6 @ 17,5kg
1x6 @ 20kg
1x6 @ 22,5kg
1x7 @ 25kg PR!
6x6 @ 25kg

Dips

1x8 @ 17,5kg + BW
1x7 @ 17,5kg + BW
3x6 @ @ 17,5kg + BW

Lateral raise

5x15 @ 12,5kg

French press

1x15 @ 27,5kg
3x10 @ 32,5kg

Note: Good round.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually, the best Deadlifters are the guys with the strongest upper backs and to build the strongest upper back you need the most efficiency which dumbbell rows beats barbell rows at.

However, I agree with you on that everything has it's place. That is why, IMO, doing more than 2 back rowing exercises is a good thing. I prefer dumbbell rows and cable rows because it hits everything. This is in addition to weighted pull-ups, facepulls and deadlifts.

So yeah, you're right, everything has it's place but dumbbell rows are better for back training versus barbell rows.

I feel barbell rows are superior to dumbell rows for mass in the back. For strength i would say dumbell rows, but many people cheat a lot when using rows, either short reps or overtwisting the back. Barbell rows, even with leg drive is almost impossible to cheat, plus it loads the whole back more completely.

I do both barbell rows and dumbell quite frequently, with some sort of vertical pull and rear delt move, and a shrug move, that way i hit the back from each angle.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good session man, your pressing movements are gettin stronger and stronger, keep it up!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
X

Xiva

Banned
Thanks prince.
My bench is still crap tho :)

29/03/2010

Improve your strength and improve your quality of life.
exercisesbacktraps-1.gif

1-arm DB rows at bench

1x10 @ 25kg
1x10 @ 35kg
1x10 @ 42,5kg
1x10 @ 50kg
1x8 @ 55kg PR!
6x7 @ 55kg

Pullups - Supinated

5x7 @ BW

Chest supported DB rows

5x15 @ 25kg

Facepulls

5x12 @ "7"

DB hammer curl

4x12 @ 17,5kg

Note: Good session.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Great work mate, those DB rows are huge!

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
heavy rows buddy. good session overall.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great Rows!

Please find another adjective haha

X

Xiva

Banned
heavy rows buddy. good session overall.

Nice rows.

Great Rows!

Please find another adjective haha

Stupendous rows?

Thanks guys, and prince you flatter me with that name :thumbsup2:

31/03/2010

Had female-visit which meant that i didn't eat proper yesteday. Energi was low due to not eating enough aswell as other things i'm not gonna get more detailed about :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Warmup
9xmobility drills

Squat

6x55kg
6x65kg
6x75kg
6x85kg
6x95kg
5x105kg*Maybe i could have done the last rep, but wasn't sure.
Next time 6x100, i need more speed in the movement.

RDL

1x60 @ 60kg
2x6 @ 110kg
5x6 @ 100kg

Walking DB lunges

5x12 @ 22,5kg

Ab wheel - From knee

4x20 @ BW

Plate loaded front squat

8x15 kg PR!

Note: Low energi.