• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Branch Warren 2nd place

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Im am shocked. He looked good but not good enough for 2nd. Man theres going to be alot of hype now with Branch. Branch for mr o 2010! bahahahaha

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He looked good but Dexter was just as good as last year and should definately have placed 2nd!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im happy for branch in the sense that all his hard work has payed off in the form of an awesome placing. however, objectively speaking, i cant see how this is justified. branch looked great no doubt, but he is still branch, and he's got some severe genetical weaknesses. his back, arms, especially forearms, and in general the overall balance of his body just doesent make him deserving of 2. place.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From the pics I've seen, no way Branch should have been 2nd.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From the pics I've seen, no way Branch should have been 2nd.

I could find half a dozen guys in that lineup that should have been higher than him. But then again I thought Dex had the best physique on stage, just lacking enough wow factor to make the event about beating him rather than beating Jay.

J

Jay__88

:bullwhip:

Attachments

• _MG_5148.jpg
    _MG_5148.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 115
  • _MG_5960.jpg
    _MG_5960.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 115
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is crazy. so i guess proportions, astetics, symmetry and overall balance and flow are no longer criterias in bodybuilding. how he got second is beyond me.

P

Pain

VIP
This is one hell of a shot of Branch.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ That's probably what got the judges thinking of him 2nd place. It even looked good in the comparisons and posedown.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yep, when I saw this pic of Branch I was like wtf, he's looking great in it!

Yeh but then you see his MM and think he looks rubbish.

I

ixam

Branch's forearms/biceps are one of the worst in mr olympia runner-up history. Why won't they give the respect of good looking physiques(Dexter, conditioning was great). I thought the bad formed mass monster time was over(Jay looking blocky and not like the greatest BB in the world). Alltough Ronnie is still no. uno fa sho.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ While I agree with you, have to remember that BBing isn't a beauty pagent and muscle is king.

I'd like to see aesthetics rewarded more, as I agree Jay looked weird and Branch was not top 5. Take a glance at Dex, Phil, Vic, even Kai have more pleasing physiques.

Savjav

Savjav

Branch displayed the best conditioning on stage and coupled it with dense, spectacular size. Jay obviously had the sandow in his hand the minute he walked out friday night for pre-judging. He was flawless. I felt Branch made enough improvements to push past dexter, due to Dexter not presenting the wow factor he should have brought. Yes he's conditioned and yes he is complete, but Branch came out strong from the start and HELD it the entire show. And for the whole torn tricep comment? His arms look MORE improved since the incident so it worked in his favor. Phil Heath was overly confident and fucked himself over friday night for pre-judging. He came in solid for the finals but it wasn't enough to catch up to the likes of Kai or Branch. Kai's placing of 4th was well-deserved and will most likely bump up in 2010. Branch will only hold the 2nd place standing this year, while next year he will probably fall to kai or phil. I believe Dexter had his glory in 2008 and now it's time for the new breed to take the podium. As for Jay, CONGRATS! and keep going strong. No doubt its gonna be a dog-fight next year.

:umwtf:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I think we have a larger font you can use. I think you should use it in every post you make.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'm not really sure I see the point in posting pictures of Dex and Branch who are at different stages of hitting that particular pose. That doesn't prove anything aside from people's backs look wider when fully stretched out.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Branch placing 2nd is the biggest bullshit i've yet seen in this sport.

E

emil

^^couldnt agree more... its so lame!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Branch was probably the best conditioned athlete on stage, so that does count for something.... I wouldn't have had him in 2nd, of course (5th, MAYBE 4th)

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i thought branch looked great. I still think he needs more size in his arms. he needs more back bc his legs are so huge when he hits a back shot it makes his back look smaller than it is, but aside from that im not disappointed he was 2nd at all. But i guess those are all reasons he should not of had 2nd place. Im disappointed kai didnt get 3rd over dexter if any thing.