• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

knight_rider's first log

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
AFL is for fags!!!

:p

Union puts much more demand on your body fitness wise, it's a rolling game rather than the stop-start routine of league. And yes rucks, mauls and scrums can be brutal. League is generally about short sprints and thug-like defense. When playing against a good defensive team it is very rare to be tackled by anything less than 3 players at a time. Both codes however are shitloads of fun.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
AFL is for fags!!!

:p

Union puts much more demand on your body fitness wise, it's a rolling game rather than the stop-start routine of league. And yes rucks, mauls and scrums can be brutal. League is generally about short sprints and thug-like defense. When playing against a good defensive team it is very rare to be tackled by anything less than 3 players at a time. Both codes however are shitloads of fun.

I disagree strongly. League is much more demand fitness wise. Unless you are playing 6 or 7 in union (first to every breakdown) the fitness demand especially in amateur levels is pretty poor. If you tracked the steps of a back in union vs the steps of someone in league i would say union would do on average half of what league did. Union back to the last feet rugby league has to go back 10 meters every time. thats the difference maker there. plus there is a lot more stoppages at any level of rugby. lousy 3 point penalty goals ruining the game. (but hey, at least union doesn't stop and start as much as NFL )

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
But the point is that League players are constantly getting rest breaks, and I'll assure you as a former union forward myself, you never stop moving. Wherever the balls goes and the break down of play happens you have to be there. No stop play/re-position/start play like in league. I've played both but mostly union, I've watched a shiteload of both. Yes there are those other stoppages of play in union but on average the game is moving a lot more of the time than in league.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Session looked real nice - good job on those high reps. Good luck with the rugby too.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stop playing with your cat :keke: and get your ass into the gym boy

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Been a long time since I posted. Have been working in the mines and focusing on finance these last few years.

Been training twice every 8 days using a push/pull split. I've maintained size and stripped down to 110 it's. Recently injured back after hitting a peak dead lift of 200kg for 6 reps.

Training has been pretty uninspired but I re-read and Mike Mentzer book and feel invigorated to get back on the Mecca and get in shape for my wedding in December.

HIT routine coming soon! I'm back Mecca heads

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^

Glad to see you here again knight! Congrats on getting married.

let's see what you're up to in the gym!

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have done two previous Mentzer workouts whilst on holiday in unfamiliar gyms so I'm picking up the log from workout three.

Workout three - Side and rear deltoids, biceps and triceps - 07/10/11

Dumbbell raises - 15 kg / 7 reps (2/2/4 cadence)
Bent over dumbbell raises - 15 kg / 7 reps (controlled)
Palms up pull downs - 80 kg / 9 reps (2/2/4)
Press downs (Pre-exhaust) - 60 kg / 6 reps (2/2/4)
Dips. - BW / 3 reps (2/2/4)

Cadence refers to a two second positive, two second hold and a four second negative. This forces my weights lower but allows me to exercise the target muscle more effectively.

Bent over dumbbell raises are hard to maintain the cadence so I control as best I can.

Press downs were performed on the knee pads of an assisted dip machine as a pre-exhaust for dips which I move to immediately after completion. The fresh chest and shoulder muscles help take the triceps to total failure.

I am yet to perform intensity techniques such as rest pause or negatives at the end of sets but will after I complete a full cycle.

Will write down my complete program later for comment with rep ranges etc.

FEVER

FEVER

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice to see some HIT guys in here :)

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice to see some HIT guys in here :)

Thanks fever, im going fundementalist Menzter style on it, i'll try not to preach about it cult style until i get some size to brag about!

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
11/10/2011 Tuesday

Workout Four - Legs and Abs

Leg extension 10# / 10 reps (not sure what the weight is on the stack, it just says 10)
pre-exhausted with
Leg press 200 kg / 12 reps

Standing Calf Raise 8# / 9 reps
Sit ups (decline) BW / 14 reps

Aiming to do 12-20 reps with a 4/2/4 cadence on all exercises.

The gym has some homo pin loaded nancy gear that just has numbers with nothing else to indicate weight, so sorry if you cannot guage the weight on the machine exercises. just keep me honest and call me out if that number doesnt tick up.

Ok mecca heads, im doing everything by the book Mentzer HIT style, so the weights look puny but keep in mind im doing a 4/2/4 Cadence. That 4 secs positive, 2 sec hold, then 4 seconds negative. Its slow and controlled and hurts like a mother ****er, i do one set for each exercise. You'll notice i use pre-exhaust with isolation exercises preceding my main compound lifts to make sure my weaker hams and glutes dont kick out before my quads. So far it works really well whislt i've been doing practice runs of HIT.

Next session i will be starting my program officially, i think i got all the kinks worked out and what exercises im going to do.

This session burned me out with those slow reps, headache, wanna vommit, went shopping after took 40 minutes because i was to light headed to shop logically. Having Beef Rendang tonight made from scratch, yeah yeah, coconut milk is full of fat, blah blah, i'll work it off in your mum! Peace Meccaheads!

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good stuff here bro :) i felt the same way after my last leg workout :p keep up the good work!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
epic post out of nowhere KR

good to see your still alive

Did you get inspired by Stewarts facebook to get your buff back on?
My Fiance wants me to put on weight maybe ill do a log too. LOL

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
epic post out of nowhere KR

good to see your still alive

Did you get inspired by Stewarts facebook to get your buff back on?
My Fiance wants me to put on weight maybe ill do a log too. LOL

Yeah bro, stu is looking great, makes me wanna get motivated, I've seriously trained with no passion for two years. Although I got a 200 kg dead for 6 reps a few months Bach then got an injury recently. I was doing big deads often without resting enough. Serves me right, all healed now but going to have the rest of year off from deeds to make sure.

Doing HIT mike Mentzer style. Can't wait, I've been doing low volume training twice every eight days due to work. Now I'm going to train slightly lessvand even more abreviated.

I'm going all in to put his theories to the test. His writing inspires me to get heroic in the gym!

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
17/10/2011

Workout One - Chest and Back

DB Fly 17.5 kg / 8 reps
Pre Exhausted with
Incline Smith Press (narrow grip) 60 kg / 2 reps , 2 negatives

Straight arm pulldowns 50 kg / 10 reps
pre-exhausted with
Palms up Pulldowns 60 kg / 8 reps

DB Row 40 kg / 6 reps

All sets performed with a 4 sec pos, 2 sec hold, 4 sec negative. Obviously this limits the wights i use.

Chest feels so weak, i'm not use to fly movements and the the really small effectual range of them feels like im just doing weight stretches. i'll persist for now and up the weight and push myself on them. its especially hard considering the cadence Mike Mentzer recommends.

I was without a training partner today so counting reps is hard when im counting the cadence of the lifts aswell. I'm either going to become a maths genius or find a method thats easy for me to count cadences and reps without confusing myself.

Training chest has always been a weakness of mine, especially with this pre-exhaust stuff. I get an awesome pump but it feels like im barely working.

Back on the other hand, always a strong point of mine is feeling great, i love the straight arm pulldown pre-exhausts which burn the abs and seratus muscles too, then hoping strait in to pulldown with the controlled reps feels awesome.

I'll keep persisting with the flies for now as its early days of this program and hopefully next chest i see some big improvements in the reps.

DB rows felt great with the controlled reps to, especially the hold at the top which i never do. The controlled negative also has my back feeling properly worked.

Having said all that these reduced weights for controlled reps has by gym ego obliterated. No more impressive weights to clock for awhile i think, only impressive size gains!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Interesting candence control brosuf. I will be interested to see how ur size goes probably should send me photos :wink1: