• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My journey on the Palumbo diet

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking Leaner Max diet seems to be working.

So what's the difference between the palumbo diet and the anabolic diet?

The Anabolic Diet is Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale’s solution to build muscle & lose fat. The basics are:
- High protein, high fat & low carb from Monday to Friday.
- High carbs, low protein & low fat on weekends.

The protein of choice is fatty, red meat. Fatty red meat is high in cholesterol and saturated fat which increases your testosterone levels. The absence of carbs for 5 consecutive days forces your body to use fat for energy.

The Palumbo diet (or Keto diet) is the same except the only carbs you take in are from residual carbs that take in from what you eat, but no starchy carbs. The Keto diet is a more extreme diet that does not allow carbs on the weekends, you maintain the high fat and high protein consumption with only one cheat meal once a week. This keeps you in a state of starvation or Keto longer which is great for dieting for a contest or quicker fat loss.
I would say the anabolic diet is more of a diet to follow through continuously, even the off season, where as the Keto diet is more of an extreme version used for contest prep.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my weight is at 83kg now, that means i´ve lost a kg the past week wich is good, new pics coming next week

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my weight is at 83kg now, that means i´ve lost a kg the past week wich is good, new pics coming next week

Great, good to see your losing but I would expect more than 1kg in a week. Are you following the diet exactly and are you doing the recommended cardio??? :dunnodude:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wouldnt go by weightloss anyways....the most important thing here is to make sure your losing Bodyfat! have you been checking it?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wouldnt go by weightloss anyways....the most important thing here is to make sure your losing Bodyfat! have you been checking it?

True, but with the diet I would have expected more weight loss because he is (should) in a caloric deficit so he should not be gaining muscle. But your right, the best way to tell is measuring his bf and pics.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
True, but with the diet I would have expected more weight loss because he is (should) in a caloric deficit so he should not be gaining muscle. But your right, the best way to tell is measuring his bf and pics.

:2:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I reckon he is on a cycle....if I remember correctly. That could make for a little less weight lost and a positive change in body composition :dunnodude:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I reckon he is on a cycle....if I remember correctly. That could make for a little less weight lost and a positive change in body composition :dunnodude:

True I have a buddy dieting for a contest and on gear (although I have told him it is retarded to mess with your hormones so close to a contest unless you know exactly what your doing) and he is not losing much weight either.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Anabolic Diet is Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale’s solution to build muscle & lose fat. The basics are:
- High protein, high fat & low carb from Monday to Friday.
- High carbs, low protein & low fat on weekends.

The protein of choice is fatty, red meat. Fatty red meat is high in cholesterol and saturated fat which increases your testosterone levels. The absence of carbs for 5 consecutive days forces your body to use fat for energy.

By the way if anyone who is bulking and wanting to try a new diet I am doing this and I love it. I look much leaner and vascular but getting larger and just as strong as ever. The only difference is that I use more eggs, mono's and polyunsaturated fats more than saturated fat (for obvious health reasons). But I still throw in lean red meat. :xyxthumbs:

G

getbig00

nice ive been looking around for diets this one seems real good...ill give it a try nice results so far man

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
new pics here we go

Frontlatsnz5 1

Rearbicepho8 1

Rearlatswc3 1

Sidechestkw1 1

Sidetricepyx7 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seems likes its working well man
keep it up and stay consistent with it,
your doing great!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Max, I see no changes since the last pics you posted :uhoh2: Have you been following the diet and cardio exactly as recommended????

faiz

faiz

I dont see much of a diffrence like the others stated. It could be your closer in the first set of pics

anyhow I hope your aware the dave diet is very restrictive. You can't be using any type of seasons that have carbs. even excessive splenda use is restricted because it defeats the ketosis process..

what do your cheat meals look like?

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are you still on the JUICE?

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From comparing your last pics to these, you've gained weight and not in a good way. Sorry, I do wish you the best of luck.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From comparing your last pics to these, you've gained weight and not in a good way. Sorry, I do wish you the best of luck.

i agree. you keep posting pics and keep looking exactly the same. people need to give real criticism and stop just saying "great job bro! looking good!"
there's no way your following this diet correctly. from what braaq told me it is exteremly restrictive and very difficult, but you WILL drop weight if you follow it.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Max, let's go back some months ago when you were on your bulk. You did pretty well, made some nice gains and your BF was still in the double digits when you started. Nice work, you kept it fairly clean. But now when it comes to shredding the fat and getting ripped, you always hit a plateau and never seem to get threw it. That was holding you back last year at your competition, you never did the extra bit of work to get down into contest shape. I don't think it's your diet, I think your cardio is too moderate and easy going. You are afraid you will lose strength, but come on man... your on a diet right now that's supposed to help you get frickin shredded, not maintain strength and muscle. You should take advantage of this diet, start doing HIIT 3-4 times a week... if you begin losing weight like crazy, increase your protein a little. You chose this diet, and it's really good for contest prep (usually a few weeks out from the contest) too help you shed the little bit of fat you have left. I hope you take some of my advice into consideration. You really do need to make some changes, and I wish you the best of luck and stay motivated! :xyxthumbs:

I

iglooliver

Banned
flex harder on your front double biceps, straighten out your back and bend your knees a little bit on your lat spread, i can see your waist coming down, keep that up, bump up your cardio just a little but not so much that itll make you lose mass, arch your back a little on that side chest, show them the chest, turn your arm out on your side triceps shot, remember flex really hard and keep it up, the weight will come down and youll improve