• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Nba Talk Thread

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Suns still have too much to prove.

They aren't even close to the best in the NBA right now. It's either Lakers or Celtics.

:bball:

Well they are 3rd in the power rankings right now and they beat the Celtics. I agree the Lakers look like the better team, but we will see how this Suns squad performs.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well they are 3rd in the power rankings right now and they beat the Celtics. I agree the Lakers look like the better team, but we will see how this Suns squad performs.
One win over the Celtics isn't enough, it's just one game. We'll see how it goes over the next couple weeks.

Lakers have been winning without their two big men stars Bynum and Gasol. They play the Suns tomorrow night, should be interesting...

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One win over the Celtics isn't enough, it's just one game. We'll see how it goes over the next couple weeks.

Lakers have been winning without their two big men stars Bynum and Gasol. They play the Suns tomorrow night, should be interesting...

Oh yes it will. :bball:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Orlando is also in the runnings for top team in the NBA, played some games without carter and still don't have lewis thanks to the 10 game suspension. he will stretch defenses and create many mismatches on defense.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Raptors are 4-4, not to bad. .500 record wll get you into the playoffs in the east. Nice win against th bulls on Wednesday, bulls didn't get a basket in the last 9+ minutes of the 4th quarter so it looks like they are improving defensively. They play the clippers on friday so hopefully they start their mini west swing with a win because historically the raps are awful on the road against the west

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh yes it will. :bball:
I was laughing last night. Not at the fact that Suns were getting beat badly, but at how deep the Lakers are. Ron Artest scores just 5 points, but it almost doesn't even matter. Players coming off the bench to play 5-10 minutes would easily be starters on other teams. IMO this team is better than the Lakers in the late 90's/early 2000's with Shaq + Kobe. That team was full of experience with the exception of Kobe, while this newer Laker team is stacked with talent.

Couple of notes on the Lakers:

-Bynum looks like our most improved player. He looks really really good thus far.
-I really like Shannon Brown, he's fun to watch
-It's great having Artest on the team, even though he seems like an awful shooter. I love his defense and intensity.
-I wonder if the Lakers are the tallest team in the NBA, I can count 6 guys in my head that are above 6'10."

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What I meant was it's the Lakers and Celtics fighting for the top spot, then the Suns are on another level with teams like the Magic or Nuggets IMO.

Much respect to the Suns and Steve Nash though. Suns are no doubt the best passing team in the NBA in my eyes.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What I meant was it's the Lakers and Celtics fighting for the top spot, then the Suns are on another level with teams like the Magic or Nuggets IMO.

Much respect to the Suns and Steve Nash though. Suns are no doubt the best passing team in the NBA in my eyes.

I agree, after the dominance shown last night against the Suns the Lakers are definitely the best team in the NBA. There were able to shut down the Suns offense like no other team thus far this season. I agree with your points you mentioned below, the touched lots of those in the after game show on TNT as well.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i agree with flex as a Laker fan, didn´t watch the game but from the highlights they look good, bynum looks so improved and the bench is getting better by each passing game wich will take a load off the starters, i was impressed by odom he´s playing really well and shannon brown is so much fun to watch and such a great player, i would say he´s the best bench player on the laker squad. i think lakers can win tons of games without pao

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ty Lawson's dunk at the end was awesome.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
raptors were down by 22, came back and won 104-89....but they were playing the clippers

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ty Lawson's dunk at the end was awesome.
It was good, but not as "amazing" as they're making it out to be.

Shannon Brown's was better, just because of how much height he got.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was good, but not as "amazing" as they're making it out to be.

Shannon Brown's was better, just because of how much height he got.

Yeah... uh, Ty Lawson is 5'11 and actually had people guarding him.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah... uh, Ty Lawson is 5'11 and actually had people guarding him.
So? Shannon Brown is 6'2". I already knew he was 5'11"

He dribbled in the lane and did an average dunk on bench players, I don't see the big deal.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lakers need to get the ball to Bynum more often.

I love the Lakers...but the team is full of selfish players...especially Kobe

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So? Shannon Brown is 6'2". I already knew he was 5'11"

He dribbled in the lane and did an average dunk on bench players, I don't see the big deal.

Shannon Brown is 6'4. I bet you thought dewayne wade's dunk over varejao wasn't a big deal either?

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shannon Brown is 6'4. I bet you thought dewayne wade's dunk over varejao wasn't a big deal either?

the shannon dunk wasn´t so special yeh he jumped high, im saying this as a Laker fan, but he always managed to do a impressive dunk each night. the dunk when he pretty much jumped over j.powell that was impressive dunk

d.wade´s dunk was insane

let´s hope lakers can bounce back after back-back losses.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No, that dunk was hella better than Lawson.

Lawson's dunk was average, good at best. I got sick of hearing how "amazing" it was within a couple hours after it happened.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lawsons dunk was better than browns, but neither were that 'amazing'

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lawsons dunk was better than browns, but neither were that 'amazing'
Yeah, I agree.

But Brown has had several that were better than the one I posted. Watch the one Max posted.