• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Nba Talk Thread

MJ23

MJ23

So now Ivy has lost against old team he played with......Denver and now Detroit...

10 wins in a row Lakers...

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
for those who will watch nba on christmas day

ddragaon

ddragaon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
will watch LAL vs CLE
i got lakers winning this one

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are you a nets fan Ironslave? You seem biased towards them.

Not one bit, I don't have a favorite team really in any sport, I just tend to root for teams because I like certain players (Lebron being my favorite basketball player).

Sure, they're god awful this year, but they're very young and have so much potential. If they win the lottery (which they're the favorites to do) and they get John Wall, then I think it's a slam dunk Lebron goes there. He's been absolutely insane this year in college. If the Nets win the lottery, they can have a worst case starting line up of:

PG- Wall
SG- Harris (who I think will probably be traded)
SF- Lebron
PF- Yi
C- Lopez

That's a very young, very good team, much better than what the Cavs can likely offer, and definitely better than what the Knicks can.

Their dream scenario would be winning the lottery and getting Wall, then trading Harris to the Cavs or Raptors to get either Lebron or Bosh's "Bird rights", then they could sign them both to max deals, and might even be able to upgrade their SG position.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not one bit, I don't have a favorite team really in any sport, I just tend to root for teams because I like certain players (Lebron being my favorite basketball player).

Sure, they're god awful this year, but they're very young and have so much potential. If they win the lottery (which they're the favorites to do) and they get John Wall, then I think it's a slam dunk Lebron goes there. He's been absolutely insane this year in college. If the Nets win the lottery, they can have a worst case starting line up of:

PG- Wall
SG- Harris (who I think will probably be traded)
SF- Lebron
PF- Yi
C- Lopez

That's a very young, very good team, much better than what the Cavs can likely offer, and definitely better than what the Knicks can.

Their dream scenario would be winning the lottery and getting Wall, then trading Harris to the Cavs or Raptors to get either Lebron or Bosh's "Bird rights", then they could sign them both to max deals, and might even be able to upgrade their SG position.

LeBron is not going to the nets.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LeBron is not going to the nets.

Why not? They are by FAR his best chance to win championships. If the Nets win the lottery, the worst case scenario team they put together is

C- Brook Lopez (a top 5 center in the league right now at 21 years old).
PF- Yi Jianlian
SF- Lebron James
SG- Devin Harris (already an all star)
PG- John Wall (talent to be a hall of famer, and Lebron has already developed a friendship with him. Wall's coach at Kentucky, John Calipari, was also the coach for Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans, and he says Wall is better than they were. Wall's only real weaknesses are his outside shot, which is getting a lot better and will get better, and his turnovers, which will dissipate as he matures and becomes less green).

What can Cleveland or another team offer him to match this? They'd have to sign Bosh or Wade to come close.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No doubt John Wall is a tremendous player, but we will have to see how he does in the NBA. Also, what kind of marketing do the nets have? He would be better off marketing-wise in either New York, Chicago, or LA (but we can count out LA)

I honestly think that he is just going to stay in Cleveland. In cleveland, the browns are pathetic, the indians suck ass, the only thing those people have is LeBron. Everyone in Ohio is going to hate him (his home state).

Plus I just don't see a dominate athlete like him going to a team that is currently 2-29. Who knows, it would be very scary to see that line-up you have listed though, thats for sure.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No doubt John Wall is a tremendous player, but we will have to see how he does in the NBA. Also, what kind of marketing do the nets have? He would be better off marketing-wise in either New York, Chicago, or LA (but we can count out LA)

I honestly think that he is just going to stay in Cleveland. In cleveland, the browns are pathetic, the indians suck ass, the only thing those people have is LeBron. Everyone in Ohio is going to hate him (his home state).

Plus I just don't see a dominate athlete like him going to a team that is currently 2-29. Who knows, it would be very scary to see that line-up you have listed though, thats for sure.

Fair points. But, as far as marketing goes, if the Brooklyn deal gets finalized, then the nets have a top 3 marketing environment in the league (along with NY and LA), not to mention a brand new spectacular stadium to play in. Plus, Jay-Z is there who could make Lebron even more of a media mogul playing for him.

I don't think Ohio could ever hate Lebron, but you're right, he essentially is all they have. The city would be devastated to see him go, but at the same time I think they'd respect it if it's what is best for him.

If the Nets win the lottery and get Wall, and then they sign Lebron, they'll be a lot closer to 29-2 than they will 2-29.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what a weird day in the nba, lakers lose to phoenix,boston lose to golden state,denver lose to sacramento,portland lose to philadelpia, but new jersey still lose hehe

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I live close to Cleveland, people obsess with him around these areas.....I don't see Lebron staying in Cleveland....

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I live close to Cleveland, people obsess with him around these areas.....I don't see Lebron staying in Cleveland....

Where do you think he will go?

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how about them lakers, just destroyed Dalls mavs 131-96 and jordan farmar was the scorer on the team with 24pts. when the the bench plays good for lakers it makes it so easy to win

Justwonderin

Justwonderin

lebron is the most overrated player in the NBA. what happened to the mavs last night against the lakers. damn talk about a no show

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lebron is the most overrated player in the NBA. what happened to the mavs last night against the lakers. damn talk about a no show

I necessarily say he is overrated, although I don't like how he (and kobe as well) get compared to Jordan with everything they do.

Justwonderin

Justwonderin

im not too concerned about the spurs this year. i think they've finally reached a point where they're not legitimate threats for the ring. i know Gino-billy has been out but even still they've played pretty bad w/ out him. they're done. Dallas pissed me off against the lakers. sucked the big one that night against the lakers

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i hope lakers will trash the rockets tonight, no pau tho

MJ23

MJ23

Lakers are gonna make a huge road trip, especially in the East... maybe without Pau and with Kobe with his back problems... well... will see...

Hope the Bulls will stay in the 8 in East.

When Williams is there Utah wins ;) I will like to see him in another team :)

In my opinion if Lebron goes to the Nets it will be more a marketing win than a possible title win no matter the players already proposed above in this thread...

Heats are willing to add Bosh with Wade.. why not, time will tell.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In my opinion if Lebron goes to the Nets it will be more a marketing win than a possible title win no matter the players already proposed above in this thread...

Heats are willing to add Bosh with Wade.. why not, time will tell.

I think though a team of Wall, Harris, Lebron, Li, and Lopez would be the immediate favorite to win the league, certainly much more than Lebron, Mo Williams, Delante West and whatever else they use to fill out the roster.

The Heat could be good too though, and I agree they do have a shot at Bosh.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so the dunkers for the nba all-star weekend will be nate robinson,gerald wallace,shannon brown, and eric gordon and demar derozan will fight for the last spot in a dunk in at half time at the rookie vs sophmore game

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm enjoying the last days of bosh in Toronto, big win against Dallas...bosh is the best raptor ever its said that this will be his last year in T.O.