• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

NFL Talk Thread

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
chicago -10.5
bengals -5.5
houston -9.5
indy -9.5
titans -3.5
NYG -9.5
ravens +2.5
TB + 7.5
miami +3.5
saints -6.5
denver +3.5
San Fran -9.5
chargers +6.5
green bay + 3.5

those are my picks for week 4

So wait..you picked the chargers over the steelers??

:talkhand::iorofl:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol. look who the vikqueens have played, detroit, 49ers, packers, and the fucking browns. Baltimore and the Steelers are going to beat you and you will lose at lameblow field

Who have the bears played?
they LOST to greenbay (same team vikings just beat down..)
beat those same lions, barely beat a horrible seattle team, and was able to pull one out from a down steelers team without paulamalu.

niners are a solid contender in the NFC if you havnt been watching.

-in other news, Edwards to the Jets???
does this make the Jets a legit contender now? Their D has been looking good with the new play calling.

and Crabtree finally signed, seeing as how the niners are a playoff contender without him put pressure on him to take the offer i guess. I wonder if he will even play sometime soon, and if so can he be an impact like Calvin Johnson has been??

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
-in other news, Edwards to the Jets???
does this make the Jets a legit contender now? Their D has been looking good with the new play calling.

Should help, Edwards has all the talent, but his hands have been shaky at best over the last year and a half, hopefully a new QB in Sanchez and new scenery will help him (I think it will... which is good since he's on my team, lol).

and Crabtree finally signed, seeing as how the niners are a playoff contender without him put pressure on him to take the offer i guess. I wonder if he will even play sometime soon, and if so can he be an impact like Calvin Johnson has been??

Though I also have him (about f'n time he signed), and think he will be very very good (multiple pro bowls, Al Davis f'd up again passing on him because Darius Heyward-Bey ran a faster 40) no way he has Calvin Johnson like impact. Stafford-Johnson tandem could easily be in the category of Manning-Harrison, Young/Montana-Rice, Brady-Moss.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eh, if they make the playoffs they ain't goin far.

Probably true (although thats what people said about the gmen a couple years ago too :io:)
but gore was looking real good before he got hurt.

(I think it will... which is good since he's on my team, lol)
...you better hope so, lol

Though I also have him (about f'n time he signed), and think he will be very very good (multiple pro bowls, Al Davis f'd up again passing on him because Darius Heyward-Bey ran a faster 40) no way he has Calvin Johnson like impact. Stafford-Johnson tandem could easily be in the category of Manning-Harrison, Young/Montana-Rice, Brady-Moss.

I'm never sold on high picked WR because there are so many busts out there and they get so much publicity.
But davis is stupid for taking speed over quality. Heyward Bey is probably faster than Fitzy, wonder if he would have picked him over Fitzy too :bitelip:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm never sold on high picked WR because there are so many busts out there and they get so much publicity.
But davis is stupid for taking speed over quality. Heyward Bey is probably faster than Fitzy, wonder if he would have picked him over Fitzy too :bitelip:

Agreed. Jerry Rice wasn't exactly Chris Johnson (my favorite NFL player) speed wise. Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, and likely Crabtree were the best WR's to come out of college in the past decade... Crabtree should be thankful he doesn't have Jamarcus Russell throwing the ball nowhere near him.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Probably true (although thats what people said about the gmen a couple years ago too :io:)
but gore was looking real good before he got hurt.
Don't get me wrong, I like the Niners, but they don't have a playoff quarterback.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't get me wrong, I like the Niners, but they don't have a playoff quarterback.

What you dont think shaun hill is pro bowl calibur?? :spy:

he has been playing well recently though but you do normally need a good qb to go far

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Who have the bears played?
they LOST to greenbay (same team vikings just beat down..)
beat those same lions, barely beat a horrible seattle team, and was able to pull one out from a down steelers team without paulamalu.

I never said anything about the bears winning every game the rest of the season, my only input was on the falcons who they play next week.

The bears didn't have urlacher when they beat the steelers either or for their other 3 games sooo...... grats?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ lol

looks like u are a huge texas fan now since u study there :spy:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never said anything about the bears winning every game the rest of the season, my only input was on the falcons who they play next week.

The bears didn't have urlacher when they beat the steelers either or for their other 3 games sooo...... grats?

Should be interesting how that bears D will be rest of season without urlacher (one of my fav players too).

and my boy steve slaton for texans having a rough year so far :(

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
redskins will destroy caroline this we :spy:

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So wait..you picked the chargers over the steelers??

:talkhand::iorofl:

what can i say, didnt think they would cover the spread...i went 9-5 for the week, not terrible

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Should be interesting how that bears D will be rest of season without urlacher (one of my fav players too).

and my boy steve slaton for texans having a rough year so far :(

The bears secondary fucking blows. When hunter hillenmeyer was in replacing urlacher shit was bad too, that dude cannot stop the run but Nick Roach I think can replace him and do a decent job instead. Plus I hear a lot about Jamar Williams on the radio and how athletic and shit he is, but who knows.

THe broncos are damn good this year too. Kyle Orton is having an awesome year.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
THe broncos are damn good this year too. Kyle Orton is having an awesome year.

Yea who knew, dang on john clayton predicted they would be 3-13 :49:

Everyone thought McDaniels wouldnt last a year, and he has em 5-0

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea who knew, dang on john clayton predicted they would be 3-13 :49:

Everyone thought McDaniels wouldnt last a year, and he has em 5-0

I'm still not convinced they're for real though.... but they've played pretty impressive thus far.

NY Giants vs. the New Orleans Saints this week should be awesome, predictions? I'm going with the Giants, but NO at home, and coming off the bye weak will be tough.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm still not convinced they're for real though.... but they've played pretty impressive thus far.

NY Giants vs. the New Orleans Saints this week should be awesome, predictions? I'm going with the Giants, but NO at home, and coming off the bye weak will be tough.

Yea broncos still have some questions, but the did beat the bengals (which looked like a easy win when they did it) and then the pats, so who knows.

I'm going with the saints, even though everyone says the Gmen are the #1 team right now. I think brees is a top 3 qb, and that eli injury is interesting...
should be a good game

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea broncos still have some questions, but the did beat the bengals (which looked like a easy win when they did it) and then the pats, so who knows.

I'm going with the saints, even though everyone says the Gmen are the #1 team right now. I think brees is a top 3 qb, and that eli injury is interesting...
should be a good game

im wondering about eli's injury too. I know this is referring to baseball... but Carlos Quentin from the white sox had that plantar fasciitis (sp?) shit and missed quite a few games this year, but who knows.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
College ball: good game today, UT vs OU, good defense by both teams