• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Creator's Pre-Contest thread

G

Griffstrong

I really dont think your legs are as far behind as you think they are bro. I cant wait to see you on stage in a few weeks.....hope you can dial it in like you have before.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks a lot guys I really appreciate all the support and compliments!

Good to hear from you Griff! I sure could use some good training partners for these last few weeks before the show so hit me up and lets go train brother! Drag ol C murda in too.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ur looking great creator! i wish u te best as you diet down for the shows! i know u will do well

G

Griffstrong

Im there bro. Ill get ahold of you. Im just starting to get serious with it again so that sounds good....

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you will do very good at your show bro, your very well balanced all over! :tiphat:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You look fantastic! Best of luck at your show. Keep it together and really continue to chizzle up. Condition wins shows! I say by 3 weeks out your shoulders are going to blow the judges off their chairs.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Thanks a ton for all the support guys! I really appreciate it!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow bro your a natural beast, you look incredible all around. Your posing is good IMO, and no point saying you need to work on this or that because there is no time for that now.

All I have to say though, is post nudes or GTFO!!! :carduindisguise

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To all my brothers of iron, prepare for glory for the day of judgement is nigh.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
say what now? :keke:

how long till show day bro? any update pictures?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
u looks awesome bro, uve done a hell of a job with the diet so far, great midsection, back and shoulders:2: cant wait to see u on contest day:)

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Thanks bros. I just felt like throwing that comment in! I am 3 weeks and 4 days away from my first show. My upper body is just about ready. Getting really vascular in my lower abs which is always a good sign, starting to get my signature arm pit vein popping out, and erectors are starting to christmas tree. But damn my legs! They have gotten leaner but they progress at such a slower rate then my upper body. I will post up some pics this saturday!

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just keep on pushing reaaaaallly hard for about two weeks and then give your legs some rest so you can get rid of that extra water. But you look good and ready to rock 'n' roll! Rock hard dude!!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Thanks guys! Yeah I am not planning on doing any leg work for that last week and I will cut the cardio at least 4 or 5 days ahead of time and hopefully they will pop like I want them to. They arent looking terrible but I set some really high expectations for my overall conditioning.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Thanks guys! Yeah I am not planning on doing any leg work for that last week and I will cut the cardio at least 4 or 5 days ahead of time and hopefully they will pop like I want them to. They arent looking terrible but I set some really high expectations for my overall conditioning.

Hey bud, can't wait for the pics!

Not sure how you're planning your last weeks, but what are you doing right now?...

Are you sodium loading and water loading? Just wondering. Play it by ear bro, if your carb depletion isn't going well, train the first 2 or 3 days of the week to deplete any mount glycogen.

The one thing I learned in my first show was no outline will work for you. My next show I'm not carb depleting nor am I sodium manipulating..but this depends on how I look. Ya know? Do the same just see how it goes until then. If you're SHREDDED at 2 weeks don't change a thing...and I mean that.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Looking great dude for 7 weeks out! Great side chest and the abs and thighs looks good too. Keep trucking on hard bro.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
like everyone else said looking awesome dude...right on track for success!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Thanks bros. I just felt like throwing that comment in! I am 3 weeks and 4 days away from my first show. My upper body is just about ready. Getting really vascular in my lower abs which is always a good sign, starting to get my signature arm pit vein popping out, and erectors are starting to christmas tree. But damn my legs! They have gotten leaner but they progress at such a slower rate then my upper body. I will post up some pics this saturday!

Thanks for the update bro :tiphat:,
wow 3 weeks and 4 days out damn... its gone so quick!!!!! work those quads bro :keke: i have the same issue with you regarding upper to lower body progress rate :keke:

we're looking forward to the new pictures :coolguy:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks again guys. I should make clear that this wont be my first show I have ever done, just my first one one this year. I had planned on being ready to go at two weeks out but since I went with this earlier competition I dont think that will happen. My bottom line philosophy about peak week is "nothing drastic". If I am looking good a week out, then very little will change. I do plan on doing a slight carb reduction combined with slight sodium loading at which point I will be doing medium intensity depletion workouts. On the thursday before the show, I will start loading up with sweet potatoes and yams and drop the extra sodium. I will shoot for about 300 grams of carbs on thursday and 2 gallons of water and then do 400 on friday with 1 gallon of water. The morning of I will likely do some sort of junk food-high in sugar, fat and sodium. I do not believe in dropping water. I look my fullest and best when I am drinking a ton of water so why should I change that???? Water does not make you spill over. Too many carbs will make you spill. Water follows carbs so if you carb up right, all that water will follow the carbs right into the muscle and virtually none will end up subcutaneously. There is no tricking the body, period. The body is way to smart and reacts way to fast to be tricked. Every drastic change that a competitor makes will likely have a short lived positive effect if any followed by a negative "pendulum" effect. I am making all these decisions based on previous contest experience and simple science. Everybody responds differently so there should never be one protocol.

As far as tanning-
I have already started tanning 3 times a week to get a base. I will exfoliate on Wednesday after I shave and follow that by my first coat of pro tan. I will rinse in the morning and paint again thursday. Rinse and light touch up shave on friday followed by a third coat of pro tan and after that dries I will follow that will a coat of dream tan. On the morning of, I will apply another coat of dream tan in which I will mix hot stuff for a nice shine. I followed this protocol with a friend of mine and his color was the best in the show!