• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

TheWeapons log- Battlefield tales

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Good numbers you're lifting mate, but again you're really overdoing it when it comes to arms. I'd suggest losing 2 of those supersets. Just work on your intensity and poundages instead of doing so much volume.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good numbers you're lifting mate, but again you're really overdoing it when it comes to arms. I'd suggest losing 2 of those supersets. Just work on your intensity and poundages instead of doing so much volume.
drop 2 supersets? you think with just 2 i would give my bis and tris a good workout? cause i got a superset from arold in a magazine and it was 4 supersets so idk i honestly thought i needed more

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
drop 2 supersets? you think with just 2 i would give my bis and tris a good workout? cause i got a superset from arold in a magazine and it was 4 supersets so idk i honestly thought i needed more

Arnold is a whole different story, his routines were epic. Very few people could match his volume and intensity. But for the average lifter its is really too much, even with "added help". Train harder and better, not longer.

Although I can't really speak, I used to be a volume junky as well. :coolguy: Its a learning curve we all have to go through.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha i get you freako, thanks for the help, i am taking what you guys are telling me into consideration i know i spend alot of time in the weightroom and i do tend to over do it sometimes(or all the time haha). tomorrows legs i cant wait! i wanna smash some shit right now thats how hyped i get before legs lol

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Just choose your 2 favourite exercises from bis and tris and work on them.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
should i do more than 4 sets of the 2 supersets instead of 4 for each muscle exercise?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
What I do generally is 5 sets for the first exercise and then 3 for the second but you could probably do 5 each if you really want to. Also, you don't have to leave them as supersets if you think you can hit the muscle more intensely with some rest in between sets.

Sorry, I think I'm trying to tear your whole training routine to shreds.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dont worry man, thats the reason i made a log so i can fix what im doing wrong and to keep track of my progress, your helping me out alot amd i appreciate it

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Just type out your whole routine and let people have a look and offer advice.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
El Freako has offered you some great advice, I'd post up your routine that way more people can see it. You must be taking in a lot of protein and calories to train with that much volume and still gain weight

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i take in 100 grams of protein right after i train everyday

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
am i over doing it??? maybe thats why i dont grow like i should be. let me know what im doing wrong

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
100 grams is a little much. especially since you only weigh 203 or whatever. Your working your ass off to improve though so that says a lot more than many people. I think you could cut down the protein postworkout some, I dont think your body can digest 100g of protein at once, but I could be wrong. I think you could cut back on some of your sets as well like others have said. I think with your goals being mass, you should focus prmarily on strength though and keep the volume. Look into some good powerlifting routines for the compound lifts such as bench and squat, I have always found I gain more from powerlifting programs than anything else.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
everyones body wont react the same, but i will look into it i have a book that has a few powerlifting routines ima check it out and see what i can switch around thanks bam

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh I completely agree with you, everyone is different. I just find that more than most often mass comes with strength and thats why I revert to powerlifting programs more. I like to keep the reps low and the weights heavy lol.

What are you main body part goals with this cycle besides just overall mass?

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my calves and upper chest, thats what i really want to improve in, my quads, shoulders, arms and back are alright, i just need more weight on me i have cheat meals every friggin day, i eat alot of pasta, and take in alot of protein, i honestly do eat alot, its the calories thats killing me i just cant take in enough, idk what has alot of calories, im starting to feel the gear kicking in my pumps are insane, but i want MORE!! i wanna go all out, let me know if you have any bulking secret recipes haha

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I was trying to gain weight like I said before I liked to mix oats in with my protein. Also dextrose is really good for postworkout weight gain by getting the insulin going and its cheap as hell. Lean Beef, eggs, all that good stuff. I love sweet potatoes on a bulk. If you really want to try some wild stuff look up recipes for protein cookies or protein pancakes lol, I actually made some before when I was on a bulk. Oh and black beans with tuna and salsa is another favorite. Damn I love to eat, I should bulk after football just because I love eating so much lol.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Welcome to the logs bro.First couple of sessions looking good.Your strong for sure:xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Hey bro, i cant beleive you take in 100g of protein pre-contest, i would shit my pants lol
But if its workoing for u and your not having any problems keep piling it it. do you not have any carbs with it though? because like bambam said dextrose is cheap as hell and its really good for post workout.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
precontest? i think you meant post workout i get you. i eat pasta after also, what exactly is dextrose? and where can i get it?