• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 19 - Week 3
​

Beginning Thoughts:

I had a huge exam today. Got 3 hours of sleep last night plus 1 hour nap during the day. Not a good feeling...​

Workout:

Deadlifts:​
455 lbs x 4 reps​
455 lbs x 1 rep​
I wanted 5 reps. Missed it. The second set was the worst form I've executed in a looonngg time. ​
​
Weird Ab Exercise:​
BW x 9 reps x 3 sets​
​
Hand Extensions:​
2 bands x 15 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Deadlifts & Weird Ab Exercise:​
​

Overall Impression:

Well, good news is that Spring Break has begun finally! :)​
​
I am leaving for Dallas on Saturday. I'll be there all week next week but I am going to Las Vegas for 2 nights.​
​
Tomorrow morning will have me doing my Back Training.​
​
I hope everyone's had a good week. Mine has been very stressful. Too much going on in life with graduation literally just around the corner.​
​
Thanks for dropping by! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Back Training
Mesocycle 19 - Week 3
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Had a very productive morning :)​

Workout:

Weighted Pull-ups:​
BW + 20 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps​
BW + 50 lbs x 2 reps​
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps​
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps​
Total = 18 reps​
​
Hammer Strength Machine Rows:​
115 lbs x 6 reps​
135 lbs x 6 reps​
160 lbs x 5 reps​
​
High Cable Rows:​
150 lbs x 9 reps x 3 sets​
​
Facepulls:​
80 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets​
​
Swiss Ball Jackknife Pikes:​
BW x 12 reps x 3 sets​
​
Tricep Extensions:​
65 lbs x 6 reps​
95 lbs x 5 reps​
95 lbs x 6 reps​
​
Medicine Ball Throws:​
12 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Weighted Pull-ups, Machine Rows, Cable Rows, Tricep Extensions and Core Training:​
​

Overall Impression:

I'm gonna go see "Brooklyn's Finest" tonight. Really looking forward to that.​
​
Tomorrow I depart for Dallas.​
​
My next workout will be on Sunday at an LA Fitness.​
​
Cheers and I hope everyone has a good weekend!​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Strong deads and overall strong sessions man! keep it up!
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Solid session champ!

I like your way of doing tricep extensions, many will call it cheat. I call it a way to move more kilo's and increase strength gains/hyp gain.

Keep it up.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Thanks guys :)

Xiva: Actually those tricep extensions hurt my shoulders and my old injuries have been kinda acting up over the last few days. Super gay.....But, I agree with you, allowing my body to use that form results in more brute strength and that helps :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Full Body Training
Mesocycle 19 - Week 3
​

Beginning Thoughts:

I just got back from Vegas like an hour ago. No wins no losses. Didn't even gamble. What I did do is see the Cirque du Soleil which is AWESOME. I saw the KA show and it was really out of this world!​
​
This workout took place on Sunday but I was too lazy to post it at the time...​

Workout:

Front Squats:​
275 lbs x 2 reps @ 97.5%​
245 lbs x 3 reps x 5 sets @ 87.5%​
​
Pull-ups:​
BW x 5 reps x 3 sets​
My shoulders were in a great deal of pain from those ridiculous tricep extensions from the previous workout so I didn't push it here. ​
​
Grip Training:​
Walmart Gripper x 5 reps x 2 sets​
HG 150 x 2 reps x 2 sets​
CoC #1 x 1 single x 3 sets​
HG 150 x 8 reps​
I love grip training! ​

Videos:

Front Squats:​
​


Overall Impression:

It was a short workout. Didn't feel like pushing it at all. My shoulder was bothering me very much at the time and both shoulders were hurting. Today I am feeling fine and I think the rest has been good. I actually felt fine after the workout itself.​
​
Next workout is tomorrow....​
​
Oh, movie update: I saw this movie last Friday which I forgot to mention: Brooklyn's Finest. AWESOME movie. It BLEW the Departed right out of the water. I loved it.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Short, but good.

How's the grip training working out, seen any improvements?
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Short, but good.

How's the grip training working out, seen any improvements?
Well, the CoC is still hard as balls to close. I'll get there soon though. I'll take a video when it happens :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 19 - Week 4
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Worked out in the morning today...​

Workout:

Deadlifts:​
455 lbs x 1 rep​
475 lbs x 1 rep​
495 lbs x FAIL​
Next week starts a singles cycle. I am looking forward to the next 4 weeks of singles work.​
​
Grip Training:​
Walmart Gripper x 5 reps x 2 sets​
HG 150 x 2 reps x 2 sets​
CoC #1 x 1 rep x 2 sets​
​
Renegade Rows:​
45 lbs x 7 reps x 2 sets​
​
Dumbbell Windmills:​
25 lbs x 7 reps x 2 sets​
​
Hand Extensions:​
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Deadlifts:​
​

Overall Impression:

I spent the whole day working on chopping down trees and doing heavy duty yardwork. I am sore beyond words!​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Good form on deads, next time you will get it for sure, you were like 4 inches away from snapping the hips and completing the lift!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Good form on deads, next time you will get it for sure, you were like 4 inches away from snapping the hips and completing the lift!
I know. I am sooooo frustrated!!!!
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Yardwork is the original conditioning workout :xyxthumbs:
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Solid man, i've been wondering, do you ever do eynamic effort deadlifts?
 
pingu

pingu

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
342
Points
16
Really good pulling sessions :)
Do you do any bench etc? Looked trough the two last pages of you're log, and saw very little, any specific reason? Fucked shoulder, or any thing like that?
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Yardwork is the original conditioning workout :xyxthumbs:

Oh hell yeah! I was so incredibly sore yesterday!!!

Solid man, i've been wondering, do you ever do eynamic effort deadlifts?

I haven't done them in quite a while. Haven't needed to either.

Really good pulling sessions :)
Do you do any bench etc? Looked trough the two last pages of you're log, and saw very little, any specific reason? Fucked shoulder, or any thing like that?

Hey there! :)

I do suffer from genetically loose shoulder joints which has lead to many a painful shoulder dislocation. I also find flat bench press a bit painful on the shoulders. However, I do focus on other pressing movements like the incline press, standing strict overhead press, unilateral press, push-ups, etc.

This whole month has been terrible for training frequency-wise and therefore I have had to improvise. Next month will be better and instead of that Full Body Training day you've been reading, you will see a Press Training workout logged in 1x a week. :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Back Training
Mesocycle 19 - Week 4
​

Beginning Thoughts:

This is yesterday's workout. I was very sore from the yard work, tree chopping and log carrying.​

Workout:

Dumbbell Rows:​
125 lbs x 3 reps​
125 lbs x 5 reps​
125 lbs x 7 reps​
​
High Cable Rows:​
160 lbs x 10 reps x 2 sets​
175 lbs x 7 reps​
​
Low Cable Rows:​
180 lbs x 8 reps​
180 lbs x 12 reps​
180 lbs x 16 reps​
​
Facepulls:​
85 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets​
​
Pallof Press:​
47.5 lbs x 12 reps x 2 sets​
52.5 lbs x 12 reps​

Videos:

Rows:​
​

Overall Impression:

Decent workout...​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice session man, heavy rows
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Strong session bro!

Dumbbell Rows:
125 lbs x 3 reps
125 lbs x 5 reps
125 lbs x 7 reps

How come you build up?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
1K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
942
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
2K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top