• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Bulkboys Log!!!

X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Training is going good. Tomorrow I am going to start Strongllifts 5x5 for 12 weeks and then I am going to give Bill Starr's 5x5 a shot! :thumbsup2:

For me, bodybuilding splits are a no no for me anymore, read a lot of stuff recently.I really can't wait to start it! How long you going to go with 5/3/1 for? obv it's still working. :turborun:

Bill starr is awesome! I did it my self :)

As far as i heard, you're kind a big guy, therefor i belive that the "classic" 5x5 is not gonna give you that good results. Bill starr is writing about some more advanced program, for the stronger trainee... If you want me to xplain more, let me know :)
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Bill starr is awesome! I did it my self :)

As far as i heard, you're kind a big guy, therefor i belive that the "classic" 5x5 is not gonna give you that good results. Bill starr is writing about some more advanced program, for the stronger trainee... If you want me to xplain more, let me know :)

Ahh great! I just thought about doing Stronglifts to get used to the whole squatting 3 times per week thing and then doing bill's intermediate routine. I don't think i'm that strong so I thought id be ok for it.

But yeh please explain more. I'll bump my log so were not writing in bulksters. :gaysign:
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Awesome benching and squatting homie, keep it up
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
thanks guys:2:

5/3/1: Cycle 6: Week 3: Day 1:

10 minutes of running for general warmup+ rotator cuff movements.

Military press:

2 warmup sets

70kgx5
77.5kgx3
85kgx5 felt good today.


Assistance exercises:

5 sets of Pullups

5 sets of Dips

1 set of side lateral raises

1 set of rear delt machine

1 set of shrugs


and that was it. short and effective workout today. was done in 45 minutes.

deadlifts tomorrow. until then:2:
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
85x5!

You can do more than that!! Dont be a pussy :) - There's a reason you're named Deltboy!!!!!! :D

Good round champ, nice assistance works
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Outstanding presses mate.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
thanks fellas^^:tiphat:

here is todays deadlift session. was a good one.


5/3/1: Cycle 6: Week 3: Day 2:

10 minutes of running for general warmup

Deadlifts:

3 warmup sets

155kgx5
175kgx3
195kgx5 lots of power today. felt light all the way up to the last rep.


Assistance work:

3 sets of barbell lunges

5 sets of GHR's

5 sets of weighted situps



good session today. tomorrow is off from weights. ill try to get in some moderate/low intensity cardio though. thursday ill hit the bench. until then fellas:2:
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Oh yes, awesome deads mate :2: was that with no straps and overhand grip!?
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
Oh yes, awesome deads mate :2: was that with no straps and overhand grip!?


Thank u lance:2: I never use straps on deads. I only use my straps for heavy shrugs and barbell rows.

I dont use an overhand grip though, as I cant lift shit that way. I use a mixed grip, one under, and one over. also, for the last set today I chalked up.
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Awesome lifting bro. We should have some video's soon :D
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
Xiva: thanks mate. dunno about videos. there are some about 10-15 pages back. dont have a camera. may try to get a bench video, but that wont be until im actually benching some respectable weight.

Jonathan: thanks bro:)


did some cardio today. walked at a brisk pace up on a mountain. took me about 90 minutes up and down. was hell walking, because there was so much snow, also my lower back is killing me from the deads and ghrs i did yesterday.

tomorrow is bench press. looking forward to it.
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Bench press i god damn borring to look at anyway :)

Squat, deadlift, military presses/push presses is awesome :D

And i'm looking forward for the benching :)

- Good to see some cardio :)
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
^^thanks xiva:) there are some videos if u arent aware, further back in my log, of me deadlifting, military pressing and front squatting. its like 15 pages back. thought id let u know.

todays session was ok. not bad, but not very good either. just standard.


5/3/1: Cycle 6: Week 3: Day 3:

Bench press:

3 warmup sets

100kgx5
110kgx3
120kgx4


Assistance work:

3 sets of High incline bb press

2 sets of Pushups

5 sets of Bent over rows

3 sets of Chins

2 sets of Dumbell curls



tomorrow is squats:ughnoes: until then:2:
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Awesome benches mate :2: and nice assistance work too.

Looking forward to those 165 squats big man.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
Awesome benches mate :2: and nice assistance work too.

Looking forward to those 165 squats big man.

thank u lance<3

im looking forward to it, and at the same time not at all:49: it will be painful. hoping to crank out 3-4, but time will tell. 165 is a heavy weight for me.
 
Top