• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Chesticles Log - It's big, hairy and probably smells.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok just got back. Bodie's still got the aches from wednesday, espically in the legs so yall will be disappointed in the squats, but I managed to hit some more PB's :2:

Seated Military Dumbbell Press (lbs)
70's x 10
70's x 8

I'm very impressed with my shoulder presses lately :)

Box Squats (lbs)
176 x 8
176 x 5 :)()
127.6 x 12

Like I said, my legs where still quite sore, but done what I could.

Barbell Flat Bench Press (lbs)
154 x 8 (PB :xmashsughrun3: )
154 x 8
154 x 7 (last one w/ aid)

Got a PB out of it, but yeah still needs work. I have a huge amount of trouble keeping the bar straight and I have no idea why, can anyone help me out?

Chin Ups
me x 9 (PB :xmashsughrun3: )
me x 7
me x 6

Yeah buddy, gettin closer to the 10 reps. Gotta give props to tweak, if I didn't see the vid of him doin chins with a thumb over grip I wouldn't of tried it, and it works so much better :xyxthumbs:

Bench Dips (lbs)
me + 110 x 8 (PB :xmashsughrun3: )
me + 110 x 10 (PB :xmashsughrun3: )

I used to struggle to do this with an extra 66, and destroyed 110 today. Got a pain in the middle of my chest though, I asked the trainer there and he said it isn't uncommon, hope his right lol.

Standing Alternate Dumbbell Curls (lbs)
50's x 8 (PB :xmashsughrun3: )
50's x 8

Not the best of form, but still gave me a good pump :)

Seated Calf Raises (lbs)
107.8 x 20 x 3

Nice and slow baby, works them alot better IMO. They where still a bit tender from wednesday though.

That was all she wrote, finished up in 80 mins and stretched, which does bother me a bit because I'd like to get it to an hour or less. Lol I'm kind of disappointed that I'm going away because I've had two really good sessions in a row, but oh well, I'll go even harder when I come back :xyxthumbs: I might log on before I leave tomorrow morning, but if not I'll see everyone in two weeks. Until next time gents...

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good session Chesti, alot more PBs in there, those shoulder presses

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Chesticles said:
Barbell Flat Bench Press (lbs)
154 x 8 (PB :xmashsughrun3: )
154 x 8
154 x 7 (last one w/ aid)

Got a PB out of it, but yeah still needs work. I have a huge amount of trouble keeping the bar straight and I have no idea why, can anyone help me out?

How wide is your grip? Check and see if one of your arms is longer than the other :49: I'm serious about that. Also, some of us just have a much stronger limb on one side and you have to concentrate on keeping it level.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm back boys. Holiday was good. Beer was drank, asses where grabbed and lives where ruined, so all in all I had a great time :xyxthumbs: Shoppin around for a new split that I'll start on monday (saturday now) so I'll update yall.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Wow, first off, congrats on all the personal bests especially benching and chins. Great strength on the DB shoulder presses...who knew you actually worked out? :e5dunno:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Wow, first off, congrats on all the personal bests especially benching and chins. Great strength on the DB shoulder presses...who knew you actually worked out? :e5dunno:
Yeah even I thought I was your alcoholic apprentice :e5dunno:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just made a new split that I'll start tomorrow, let me know what you guys think.

Chest/back - incline press - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max, flat press - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max, crossovers or DB flye - 3 x 20. Chins - 4 x failure, DB row - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max, deads - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max or straight arm pulldowns - 3 x 20.

Cardio/abs/calfs - 4 x 15

Shoulders/hams/Traps - seated or standing DB press or military or clean and jerk - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max, side raises 3 x 20, rear raises or reverse pec deck - 3 x 20. Stiff legged deadlifts - 10,8,6,10, lying or standing leg curl - 3 x 20 (10,8,6,10 reps when doing both curls) (only do SLDL's every second week and do both leg curls when not doing SLDL's). Shrugs - 20,15,10,20.

Cardio/abs/calfs - 3 x 20

quads/arms - box squat - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max (leg press every second week same reps), lunges - 3 x 20. Super set - BB or DB curl & DB or BB skullcrushers - 10,8,6,10, Preacher or concentration curl & crossfaces or dips - 3 x 20 (switch the reps around on the 2 super sets each week)

Glex

Glex

VIP
I've never seen a split like this, but I've seen people make arguments for lots of different crazy splits so I'm only going to talk about what I know, lol.

If your cardio is going to include a lot of running, I would do calves afterwards (which it looks like you are). It's not so important with maybe bicycle work or elliptical machines, but running or stairmastering is tough after lifting calves. I'm not sure if they were doomed to this anyway because I was running, but my calves got much smaller and I ran after I lifted legs :tear:

I do like the circuit training look to it, and that you have a day off between quads and your next cardio. However, if you're not taking a day off from lifting after quads/arms day, that means you're doing tris first then chest, so that might make your chest suffer.

Alcoholic apprentice :disgust: :49: At least beer has some good carbs :xyxthumbs:

Great to have you back, Chesti!

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chesticles said:
Just made a new split that I'll start tomorrow, let me know what you guys think.

Chest/back - incline press - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max, flat press - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max, crossovers or DB flye - 3 x 20. Chins - 4 x failure, DB row - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max, deads - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max or straight arm pulldowns - 3 x 20.

Cardio/abs/calfs

Shoulders/hams - seated or standing DB press or military or clean and jerk - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max, side raises 3 x 20, rear raises or reverse pec deck - 3 x 20. Stiff legged deadlifts - 10,8,6,10, lying or standing leg curl - 3 x 20 (10,8,6,10 reps when doing both curls) (only do SLDL's every second week and do both leg curls when not doing SLDL's).

Cardio/abs/calfs

quads/arms - box squat - 10,8,6,10 or 1 rep max (leg press every second week same reps), lunges - 3 x 20. Super set - BB or DB curl & DB or BB skullcrushers - 10,8,6,10, Preacher or concentration curl & crossfaces or dips - 3 x 20 (switch the reps around on the 2 super sets each week)
:thumbsdown:

just kidding, looks grrrrrrrreat! oh man now i want frosted flakes....hey what ever happened to tony the tiger? now that i think about it, i havent seen any commercials with him for a long time...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex said:
I do like the circuit training look to it, and that you have a day off between quads and your next cardio. However, if you're not taking a day off from lifting after quads/arms day, that means you're doing tris first then chest, so that might make your chest suffer
Quads/arms will be on friday, so I'll have 2 days rest :xyxthumbs:

And CJ, lay off the crack dude :no:

Going in to do chest/back in about a half hour, lets see how it goes.

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^wow is your fatass that lazy that CJU is too much to type, so you only type CJ?

Glex

Glex

VIP
Chesticles said:
Quads/arms will be on friday, so I'll have 2 days rest :xyxthumbs:

Good.

By the by, I meant cross training, not circuit training, but I think you knew what I meant :shootme:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You know I did big man ;)

Ok just got back, here tis.

Chest
Incline Dumbbell Press (lbs)
50's x 10
60's x 8
60's x 6
50's x 10

Flat Dumbbell Press (lbs)
50's x 10
50's x 8
60's x 6
45's x 8 R/P 10

Threw up in my mouth a little bit somewhere in between sets.

Cable Crossovers (plates a side)
4 x 20
3 x 20
3 x 20

Chin Ups
me x 6
me x 5
me x 4
me x 4

The numbers went back down :tear:

Dumbbell Row (lbs)
60 x 10
70 x 8
80 x 6
60 x 10

Good stretch on these, all the way down baby.

Straight Arm Pulldowns (plates, using lat pulldown machine)
4 x 20
4 x 15
4 x 10 (shoulder played up this set :()

That was it. I didn't expect anything great from today's session. After being away for 2 weeks and the only exercise I done was swimming and walking, I think I went ok. I pushed myself to the max. After I couldn't even take my bag off to put it in the car, I had to pull the bottom straps down with my other arm lol. Finished in about 75 mins. Until next time gents :xyxthumbs:

Glex

Glex

VIP
Chesticles said:
Threw up in my mouth a little bit somewhere in between sets.
Niiiiiice :2: Don't kill yourself, but it's great to see you pushing it the first day back!

Chins will come back, don't worry about it.

Good work on the DB rows, too.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Glexx, bout to go in and do abs,cardio and calfs.

After I take a shit :spy:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Throwing up in your mouth...man, I've been there before; that's some rough shit. Still, you did a good job maintaining your strength throughout the workout :xyxthumbs:

PS: Only fags say "tis"

"Is it St. Swithin's Day already?' `'Tis,' replied Aunt Helga"

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice job w/ the throwing up thing, thats fuckin ruthless you pushed yourself that hard. GJ w/ the presses, and dont fret about the chins. ALOT of people cant even do 3 chins, and you can do 6.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line - :49: "I'm goin I'm goin."

CJ - I'll type CJ if I want to you little bitch :gaygay: lol but thanks for the encouragement bro, I was up to doin 9 though :( but it'll get back up there :)

Ok just back from abs, cardio and calfs. It was stinking hot today to.

Abs
Crunches on ball - 3 x 15
Lying leg raises - 3 x 15

Cardio
20 mins bike
10 mins eliptical (level 10)
10 mins bike

Alot of the cardio machines where being repaired :tear:

Calfs
Standing calf raises (lbs)
240 x 15 x 4

Done at a medium pace.

Done and done baby. I gotta be up at 5 in the morning for grapepickin :( so hopefully I won't be to fucked for my shoulders, hams and trap session. Until next time gents.