• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
shit! your a bull dude.. your workouts impress me and inspire me.. high weight will the amount of reps you get in is outstanding.

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn, late on responding to that last workout of yours, Nothing new besides insanely heavy weight, with every fucking muscle possible in your body, with every exercise for high reps. Unbelievable as always, getting punched by you must suck

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Back with a vengeance, buddy! It's mind-boggling for the rest of us.

The DB curls were especially mind-boggling :ughnoes:

The pic is great, too; definitely reflects the numbers!

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak- Thank you very much:D I'm pleased with my development, but I know I have a long way to go. I seriously need to bring up my arms to avoid the 'all chest and back' syndrome taller guys usually get.

BulkBoy- Thank you:) I have another broad session to toss up today, and I'll likely hit quads and hams before my evening shift.

CJU- If I'm going to help you build your house post-apocalypse, I better not slack:49:

Hypo- :49:'Cept they didn't feel like heaven, that's for dang sure. My form on the last two reps was anything but devine either; had a little swing in my back:disgust:

Serb- Thank you:D I've just found that's what works best for me. I used to be fixated on pyramiding to high weights for low reps, but since I kicked that I'm doing 8-10 reps with what I used to do for three to four. My strength is relative, and I know there are SO many people out there who are much stronger than me, but I've been happy with my results.

Dobbs- Thank you for the motivation:) I'll tell you what though, if I could light up my next opponent like I was lit up in my last contest, I'd consider myself progressing. All in the timing and technique....

Glex- Thank you; again, it just feels good to be back:hsughr: Now I just need to follow your and Tweak's cardio examples and bring out some more cuts; even though I'm post fight, I can still do more.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
out of curiosity wheres your bodyfat sitting at right about now?

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So here's what I have from last Saturday. Quads and Hams will likely be today; they'll be lighter than usual for sure, as I'd like to avoid the constipation-walk if I can.

Back

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns

200X15(working warmup)
250X15
250X11

Barbell Rows(Overhand)

135X15(warmup)
225X15
315X9:)disgust: )
225X10(ds)

One Arm Dumbbell Rows-Just played around a bit with these.

140X15(both sides)
200X7/6(PB:hsughr: )[Grip just died with my left hand; I got something that resembled a seventh rep, but I'm not counting it]

Shoulders

Cybex Plate Loaded Shoulder Press

225X15(warmup)
315X13
365X9

Military Barbell Press

185X15(working warmup)
225X14
275X9

Forearms

Standing Flexor Curls Superset w/Rope Hammer Curls

150X23/150X15
150X18/150X15
150X19/150X16(These HURT:hsughr: )

Since I've managed to drag my prodigious carcass back to the Mecca, I really should let this out of its hole in the ground as well....

The n00b of the Day

-Today's n00b is a returning member. Now I like this guy, I really do; sometimes though, the n00b in him comes out like a sledgehammer to the groin. He weighs about 170, and is inclined to rock the obligatory do-rag and sleeveless shirt like only we white boys can.

This is the returning member who did the four-minute-up-in-the-air-butt-wiggle en route to getting 335 an inch off the ground on a deadlift attempt.
I ran into him just before I commenced in my pulldowns; we talked a bit, and that seemed to be that.

Later on a bit, I'd just done my best cranial-exploding immitation with my drop set on rows; as I'm standing there panting like a parched buffalo, he walks up next to me and hits a front double bi in the mirrior that faces the squat rack I was using.

Now this was no ordinary frontal shot; he looked like he was trying to pinch a fudge monkey right there on the gym floor. He then ran himself through about three more poses, and the look of rapture on his face could've put Linda Blair's look of demonic possesion to shame. Normally this would be a goofy stint, but this isn't the first time it's happened; reminds me of Pickle's stories about his tandem poser that offered 'advice'.

So I'm oxygen-deprived, testosterone infused, and I probably smelled like Lindsay Lohan after a three-night spree; all and the same, all I could to was laugh at the mini-spectacle before me, as he totally reminded me of Pool Boy from MadTV. Now I've taken occassion to pose myself in the gym a number of times, but it's usually off in a corner where I can assess and not advertise[as if a lug like me is really in demand anyway:49:] This was a hilarious world apart though, and bless the n00b in him for it:)

Edit-Looks like the Hax wars have backed off:hide: Been trying to submit this for the last four hours or so, although I did let it sit from about 4:00 until now.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak- You know what, I really don't know. I was down to 7% for my fight, but that was nearly a month ago. That back shot is from a few months in the past, so I guess I'd be in the low teens(11%-13%) at most right now; I hope it's lower though. I'll see if I can get it measured in the next few days.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
onebigeric said:
Quads and Hams will likely be today; they'll be lighter than usual for sure, as I'd like to avoid the constipation-walk if I can.
Yes...I know it well. I always go too heavy on squats first day back after a break.

Your shoulder work is off the scale, my man.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Incredible session eric - seriously impressive DB rows and military presses! Outstanding.
lol at the n00b posing. I would have pissed myself.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
200lb DB rows, NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WTF? 200lbs dumbell rows? shit ur out of this world!:D

its kinda hard to believe u are natural u know that?:) i mean that in a positive way...

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Onebigeric is always good for some huge weight. Keep it up bro :xyxthumbs:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pain, why are the 'Prince Harry Boob Grab' and the 'Designer Vagina' threads on the similar list on the bottom of my log?

:49::49::49:Maybe there's something in here I don't know about....

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex- Thank you:2: Seeing as how your cardio endeavors blow mine away completely, I have to shine where I can.

And yeah, I rocked the constipation walk for a day or so:duh:

Rocky- Funny you should mention that....:tear:
I actually have what could be the most hilarious n00b story of all time today:spy:

Tim- Thank you:) Now I just need to keep working on my grip strength.

Bulkboy- Thank you for the strength props:xyxthumbs: I'm just a bigger guy, so my strength is relative in accordance with that; I personally don't think I'm really all that special in that regard. There are so many members here who set the pace as far as overall look goes, so I have plenty of fuel to keep me going:hsughr:

Philosopher- Thank you for hitting my log; again, I hope your foot heals up steadily and well.

Well, the training's been on track even though my posting has not:duh: I'm actually jetting off to a session and a couple of errands right now, so I'll do a fuller log update tonight. Included will be some highlights from the last week and a half or so, a post-nine-hour-shift 4am session, an MMA/fight update, and quite possibly the most hilarious n00b I've ever seen.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my goodness how did I miss that.

your bb rows are outstanding, but those db rows are plain SIIICK :eek4:

are you human?

I dont believe it :no:

:eek4:

incredible military presses too, always giving 110% Eric :xyxthumbs:

admit it, that n00b is your best friend :spy:

:49:

D

Dstan

wow man ur super strong heavy on everything especially those DB rows man keep it up.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just played w the DB rows huh............ U RAT BASTARD! :49: LOLOL i wish i had 200 lb dbs :tear:

Your session was great bro! Keep it up man yr strength is amazing and your dedication has to be even that much more awesome bro!

God Bless you man

Ben

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak- The n00b could be me....:tear: If I'm giving 110% though, it means I still need to work to keep up with you, Tweak:2:

Dstan- Thank you for hitting my log:) I hope to keep improving, and there are plenty of you guys that are setting the bar for me.

Ben- Don't tell me you couldn't smoke some rows of the same weight, Ben; my grip was just what kept going on my left side:disgust: Keep setting the pace for me, fellow humble/crazy brother in iron:hsughr:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my gym has 120lbs DBs, and that tops them out :49:

you'd toss those around like an orange :eek4:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, time to put foot to butt here.....or fingers to keys:e5dunno: I'll toss up my most recent workouts; triceps[I don't want to list my chest workout from the same session....it sucked:duh:] were from a few days ago, but the Back, calves, chest, and biceps were all from today(4am and 5pm)

Triceps

Close Grip Bench Press

135X15(warmup)
225X15
275X10

Behind-the-Head Extensions

80X15(working warmup)
100X15
110X11

Standing Double Kickbacks

50X15
60X15
75X11
80X10(PB :hsughr:)

Standing Rope Pushdowns

150X15
150X15
150X16

I'd felt for a bit that I hadn't really pushed my triceps much lately, so I went in determined to hit them hard without overtraining. I feel I succeeded well on that count; they were sore for a couple of days afterward, but it was roses from there on out.