• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak- :49:I just hope I wouldn't crush a sensetive part of my anatomy like an orange tossing those things around.....

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that close grip bench is absolutely insane

you smashed those triceps dude :eek4:

I need a cigarette after reading that session :gaygay:

and I dont even smoke :e5dunno:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, here's everything from today. It's been my day off(technically), so I decided to nuke a two-a-day. It's been immensely satisfying, and I hope my work and focus reflects that in these couple of entries.

4:00am(Just after my grave ended at work; night patrols are interesting to say the least around here)

Back

I decided to do a 'death by pullups' approach to this session. After not doing said motion for years, I was plesantly surprised with how relatively well my strength held up. I'm not strong enough to start adding weight(Tweak, Rocky, Chesti, I'm looking with envy at you...), but I'm currently clocking in at 272[10% bodyfat on that Tweak-just had myself measured yesterday]; that's something, at least.

Bodyweight Chins

MeX8
MeX7
MeX6

Barbell Rows

135X15(warmup)
225X15
315X10(I wasn't crazy about my form on the last couple of reps:disgust:)

BW Chins

MeX9(PB:hsughr:....maybe I shouldn't admit to that....)
MeX7
MeX7

Lying Incline Dual Dumbbell Rows

80X15(working warmup)
85X11
100X10(PB on reps:hsughr:)

BW Chins

MeX8
MeX6
MeX7

Calves

Seated Calf Raises

135X15(working warmup)
160X15
185X15
210X11
235X10

It was a bit of a different approach to my usual back training, but it was a nice shock nonetheless. I want to do deads on Saturday, so we'll see how me back is feeling in a couple of days. Looking at your guys' respective logs shows me how far I have to go on my chins, but I was happy with them nonetheless. Next up....

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great moogly googly thats a lot of chinups for a man of your size :gaygay:

bodyfat at that weight is UP SURD! :eek4:

your back is tank like, its like if you took a rhino, a hippo, and a elephant, your back is that massive :eek4:

excellent work dude

Eric, the man, the mystery, the immensely strong elephant like statuesque beast of a man with shredded like tendencies

:e5dunno:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chest

Incline Barbell Press

135X20(warmup)
315X14(These felt FREAKING sweet, mainly because I only was able to get six on the workout-that-shall-not-be-discussed.....which happened last saturday....:disgust:)
335X8
225X12(ds)

Icarian Incline Press Machine

400X13
400X12

Incline Flyes

55X10(working warmup)
60X10
75X10
80X7

I just wanted to focus on my upper chest this session, so I guess it was mission accomplished.

Biceps

Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curls

40X10(warmup)
50X10
60X10(These were TOUGH)
70X6

Spider Curls

40X10
50X8(started feeling something funky in my wrist; reminded me why I don't dig these freaky curls)

Single Arm Preacher Dumbbell Curls

50X10
60X10
65X10
70X6(PB :hsughr:)

Concentration Curls(I was dead after my Spider/Preacher combo, and it definitely shows here)

40X10(humbling in their toughness.....or I was just immense in my wuss factor:e5dunno:)
45X10

Standing Single Arm Cable Curls Superset W/Rope Hammers

60X12/150X10(too heavy with how dead my biceps were at this point)
70X11/120X11

And that was that for today. It really has felt awesome, but I know I'll be feeling it in the mornin. Speaking of which, I have a priceless moment that will induce laughter in me for the rest of my days. Oh yeah, it's time.....

The n00b of the Day......Possibly the Biggest n00b of All Time

-So's I'm going about my lug business as usual in da gym, when a semi-nondescript individual walks up to the dumbbell rack. Kid's rocking a hoodie with a Sox hat, paired with the cliche baggy pants; not exactly gym attire. I'd normally disregard the kid and move on, but something strange happened.

He bellies up to start a set of flat dumbbell presses....and grabs the freaking 120's:uhoh2: Cold. No warmup. No nothing. Kid looks to be about 5'4 and a buck fifty....soaking wet, holding a cinderblock, at double the earth's gravity. I'm not quite concerned, but I am morbidly fascinated to see how this little small-man's-syndrome explosion plays itself out.

So the kid eeks out something that looks like four or so reps....then BAM. Drops the weights hard enough to shake Jimmy Hoffa in his theoretical grave. That's a bit of a sore point with me; don't drop the freaking weights. If you can't control it, you shouldn't get near it. I know there's a hardcore element associated with said action, but my problem comes in on the point that it loosens and breaks the dumbbells. I've had enough occassions of only having half of what I need due to some poser's need for self-buffness to prevent me from feeling any other way.

So Napolean Kong here ante's up for another set, and again the 120's silently scream in protest of their mishandling. Three and a half reps or so, then...BAM The decibels alone were enough to make children in China turn their heads. At this point, I actually asked the kid if he'd like a spot; his form is dangerous and spotty, and I knew I'd want one for that lift anyway. He declines while dropping his voice about three levels; funny how that goes hand in hand:e5dunno:

Here we go again, but I guess he wanted to spread the pain; the 110's are abducted this time. One, two, three, 3/16...1/2....3/4....oh, guess not. So as Hoodie Thunder prepares to shake the world's orbit a third time, something happens. His right arm shoots out to the side as he's preparing to abuse the innocent iron, and the kid freaking launches himself off the side of the bench. I seriously crap you not; it was honestly all I could do not to laugh hysterically at that point. He truly had some distance there; I've really never seen anything like that in the gym before.

Concern won out though, and I moved over and helped the kid up. He was fine, but it definitely could've been worse. Potential injury aside, it was the largest n00b moment I've seen to date. Flash to n00bs everywhere; take a freaking spot when it's offered.

So to wrap up the story, the kid walked over and picked up....the 60's:49: There's hope for him yet, but still we must be on our guard. If we let n00bdom like this run rampant, it'll only be a matter of time until some kid kills himself. Sure, he'll weed out his crappy genetic matireal from the genepool, but the gym will likely be closed down as an accident scene; that, we can't allow. It's really just recognizing that the needs of the many outweigh the ego needs of the few.

As always, thank you to all who support me here in my log. I really need to get my frequency back in track in the wake of my recent vacation, and all of you here at the Mecca really help me stay in line. Thank you again:D

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak- :49::49::49:Thank you for the above-and-beyond support in my log here, Tweakums:gaygay:

I still have a long way to go to approach your level of conditioning though; upward and onward:zangief:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but that 'noob' sounds pretty impressive 5'4 150 and able to rep the 120's cold, i mean yea he didnt have to slam weights down and everything, but i still think thats impressive...
but that is not smart to not get spot if you can't control it, i slam weights down somewhat because there's usually no one to spot me, but if he is going to go that heavy he better know how to be safe.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rageking- It was more the dangerous nature of the entire situation that made him reek of cabbage...I mean n00b. He should've been sticking with 60's and 70's from the start; it was good to see the kid actually think the situation through instead of continually running his head into a wall.

Edit-Just read your edit. Your log has an excellent entry that really showcased how one should approach lifting; you should've been there to help the kid out:xyxthumbs:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
those inclines are immaculately superior to any inclines I've seen :eek4:

biceps are abnormally strong as always too :eek4:

that was the greatest n00b of the day story yet :49:

I have a story, a couple years back, I was doing the same movement as above (flat db press) after my set, I dropped the left one, with the right one still in my hand I sling shot myself off the bench to the ground similar to what you explained :49: Yes, I was a n00b then, I thought being 205lbs and barely pressing the 70s was strong :49:

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Haha, the DB side launch should definitely be an event in the n00b olympics :49:

You went to town on the biceps, bud :eek4:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Absolutely quality story there. :49:

Awesome sessions you're putting in and at that bodyweight those chins are supreme! As are the benching, curls, hell all of it!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hahaha:49: awesome story, worst part is i can picture myself like that a year ago:uhoh2:

great session big man:xyxthumbs: ur presses are monstrous, and that bicep work is ridicoulus

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha great story :49: big weight as were are used to see from you. Keep up the good work

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Impressive weights as always, 315 for 14 incline bench is just insane, lol you can incline bench more then i can deadlift. Funny as hell story. The funniest thing is he went down to fuckin 60's after messing around with 120's lol. SOme people just have way to big of ego's and too little of common sense

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak- Taking into account where you are now, I'd never consider you to be in the same category as this poor kid was. All and the same, we each have our own early experiences in n00b....or present actions in such......
*cough*Spilling water bottle on my own leg*cough*...:tear:

Glex-n00b Olympics.....:ughnoes::49::49: My biceps are still a little peaked from that day; I just really need to watch out for pains in my right wrist. Last thing I want to do is anything terminal.

Rocky- You're a tough act to follow Rocky, but I'm doing my best:2:

Bulkboy- Now I just need your midsection, you cutting maniac:hsughr:

Philosopher- Thank you:D I'm not going to Greece though....:tear:

Dobbs- You'll be in crazy deads land in no time, Dobbs:2: You've already got so much collected at your age, the numbers will just be a by-product of the progress you'll have.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, here's my quads and hams from Friday. I was feeling so strapped after this workout(and those of the past couple of days) that I decided to take the rest of the weekend off. Monday will be shoulders/traps/triceps, but for now....

Quads

Leg Press

660X15(warmup)
930X15
1100X15
1200X15
1290X11
1380X7(PB :hsughr:).....I added 5's on the small area left on the collars:rolleyes: That's all I can put on that I can trust not to fall off during my set.....so it's only kind of a cop-out:coolguy:

Single Leg Press(Same reps each side)

660X7(PB :hsughr:)
480X16
390X21

Leg Extensions

170X15(working warmup)
220X15
255X15(as high as this machine would go:disgust:...but they still felt quite nice)

Hamstrings

Seated Leg Curl

150X15(warmup)
210X15
230X15
250X15

Standing Single Leg Curl

60X10
70X10
100X10(PB :hsughr:)

That was that, and my legs are quite crispy at this time. After not training them for nearly a month, I felt pretty nice coming back with a couple of PB's on the roster. Although considering how many of those the rest of you are setting, I still have a long way to go to keep up.

The n00b of the Day

-Today's distinctive title actually goes to a group of high-school kids. Now these guys are normally excellent workers, and one of them has supreme genetics for sure. What befell them today was the lure of the group mentality. Instead of the usual three, there were about eight of them. What followed was basically the creation of a sphere of entropy; a complete absence of anything wherever it went.

These kids would just migrate from place to place, and wherever they went, all work around them effectively shut down. They would throw in a set here and there for good measure(heavy weight and bad form were the norm, they being in high-school and all), but they were generally just taking up space. The worst thing was, they were oblivious to it. They would unwittingly move into someone's area of exercise, and instead of saying anything, the other individual would just walk away. It wasn't maliscious, but it was definitely rude, unaware or no.

Then the icing on the cake hit home as one of them brought out a fairly sweet flat panel speaker set up for his I-pod. Even this decent kit they were able to turn into a non-producer. They just took this thing with them from place to place, itself blaring in grainy resolution the n00best 'gym' band of all time.....you guessed it....Drowning Pool.

They never migrated into my way, which was just shiny as far as I was concerned. If you do see this phenomenon migrating into your space though, be the proverbial corcodile in the herd of water buffalo; claim your space, drive the herd away, and keep a couple of the carcasses for your children. Or not; if you don't have kids, just keep the meat for yourself:mf_emoticon_psychot

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Holy Moses, Eric! You're insane! Three PBs and you just came back! And they're huuuuge!

I repped you for using the term entropy, although I should've read the next half of that sentence :49: Entropy is a measure of disorder, not absence of things. Although, I guess when you think about it, entropy eventually leads to heat death, so there wouldn't be anything but a few photons floating around if that sphere stayed in one spot long enough. So I'll let it slide :spy:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
omg that session is awesome, 3 pbs after just coming back, damnit how do u do it man? lol at all the noobs:D i have seen that many times before, damnit its annoying when they get in my way...

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice leg work there brother,,, ahahah i always love the noob of the day

D

Dstan

hahaha that noob of the day was funny. None the less, heavy ass leg presses(super heavy)and a nice amount of reps man.