• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
holy sweet jupitor saint crazy :eek4:

deadlifts are out of this world dude :eek4:

those rows of yours, as always, or of a strength so great even Hercules himself would back down from you :bowhay:

:49: at the Pullups, at least you got them done :e5dunno: and mostly, at least that line could hold your beastly self :49:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fucking wars mate! Great work in here. Those deads are unreal especially considering the lay off! You bastard! :)
All of it is great and when I started reading your n00b story I was reallly expecting to see you say the pipe came away and pissed out water everywhere!

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Turkish- Thank you:) If I want to catch up with your lat spread, I better work accordingly.

Dri- Random dumbbells can be a bit of a hitch, but I really am blessed where I am. I'll have to ship you one of the single 120's from one of the Gold's here; use it to smash your ex's foot, get her out of your house.

Dobbs- I feel your pain:ughnoes:Doorways are killer on the digits. THank you for always encouraging me in my deads; I smell 600....and it smells like cheese:e5dunno:

Chesti- Thank you:2: My lawyer says I shouldn't discuss the circumstances of my newfound suit, but the department just doesn't understand....:gaygay:

Rage- Admissible evidence:spy:

Peanut- Thank you:) Brick by brick; I hope to be stronger than I was yesterday, but not as strong as I will be tomorrow. Gotta love the basics for that. Seeing as how I don't squat or do flat barbell bench, I can't wuss out of all the big three:duh:

Bulkboy- Thank you:D Width is important for me, seeing as how I'm too stinking tall for my own good. I just hope to be able to keep up with the rest of you in that regard.

Tweak- :bowroflarms::49:Seeing as how Hercules would likely be naked, I'd opt to run if he came a'knockin; crazy Greeks:io: I'm pretty dang grateful the pipe held as well. Busting a basement water line would be killer on my esteem, not to mention my wallet....and likely my career. Huh:e5dunno: More I think about it, that was a really stupid thing to do.

Rocky- :49::49:If our countries are going to war together, we better hold up the fight on the home front, ya? I half expected the pipe to break though; nothing like the fire sprinklers having cobwebs on them to inspire confidence:uhoh2:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, here's my workout from Wed. For some reason, this week's been one on/one off; don't really like that:duh: Today will be quads and hams, with chest likely tossed in around 4am.

Triceps

Behind the head Dumbbell Press

75X15(working warmup)
115X12
125X11(PB :hsughr:)

Standing Slight V-Bar Pushdowns(the pulleys/weight stack are located behind the back pad of this rig, ergo the weight is much greater at lower intervals; great way to mix up the standard-but-lighter facing the stack motions)

70X15(working warmup)
100X10
130X6

Standing Rope Pushdowns(facing the stack)

130X12
150X9

Bodyweight Bench Dips

Me[270:)]X20
Me X 21

Biceps

Preacher Barbell Curls

85X15
105X13
115X12

Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curls

45X10
50X10
60X10
75X8(PB :hsughr:)

Concentration Curls

45X10
50X10
55X11

My triceps are still completely fried today, so I know I hit them a little too hard. I know they'll inhibit my chest workout in a huge way, but I know I need more hanging mass there anyway. It's sixes to a degree, I guess:e5dunno:

I'll save a n00b story for next time. It involves a prodigious lug(me) and upside-down pushups. Freaking sucked, but it's humorous all the same.

Fight Update- I'm slated to compete in an exhibition bout for a friend's MMA academy. He's been closed for remodeling for a little while, so in opening he wants to do it with a bang. I'm excited, and am really looking forward to applying what I learned in my last contest; namely not being a moron. Slated for July 21st, so I'll start tossing said training in the log again.

I'm currently at 270; my only real personal concern is endurance. I never plan my cardio around finishing in the first round, so I hope that'll keep me on the right track. It's fairly short notice, so I just hope I can put on a good fight for those who attend. Although coming so close on the heels of my last bout will really help prep wise; I'm matching up against a student of my friend's academy. He likes to bang, but he's also comfortable on the ground; I truly look forward to matching up with him.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great googly moogly :eek4:

damn dude, all those reps and such astonishing weight on triceps is insane :eek4:

270 beast doing dips :eek4:

Your Biceps, your biceps bring all the boys to the hard each and every time :turborun:

Such astonishing weight all around, must....lie down.... :inouteek:

if you were a king, you'd have 50 queens, and not a single enemy but all allies because nobody would want to be against you :bowhay:

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Amazing workout like always. You really hit those arms hard. that gotta grow, great job with the db curls and behind the head db press, amazing weight with both and hit a pb with them too

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow awesome weight on those curls

and goodluck on your fight, and that is real short notice :uhoh2:
good luck with your prep :xyxthumbs:

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How you doing you mammoth size freak of nature?

You are outgrowing your own log with your GYNORMOUS lifts. I would have loved to walk in on those chins, except if you were naked as Chesty suggested.

What's doin with that Biceps workout though :disgust: I have a feeling you are stronger then those figures suggest.:e5dunno:

I want to see more poundage on your next bicep day please.

PS if the guy gives you any trouble in your fight, take him to the ground and lay on him, I don't care who he is, not many can lift 270lbs of dead weight, especially if your forearm some how ends up across his wind pipe.:xyxthumbs:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome session as always eric:D huge presses and the biceps work is outstanding, u freak:D

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sweet Lord. Extreme arms there eric.
Great weight on those tris, and the DB curls are quite astonishing also.
Good luck for your fight I'll be reading with anticipation to see how it goes.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
big E sweettt arm work brother, sum dam heavy weight being moved

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak- :49:Thank you as always, Tweak. 'Bringing the boys to the hard' sounds kind of scary, though:ughnoes::49:

Dobbs- Thank you:) Biceps are a continuing sore spot for me, so I feel I still needs to up the intensity and isolation of such to bring them up to speed.

Rage- Thank you very much:) Thankfully enough, my body hasn't had time to come down from my last contest. That'll be a major saving grace for me in this; I hope to end it in the first, but we'll just have to see:dunnodude:

Pumba- I hope you come back for a sec to see my next bicep workout:tear: You motivated me into the 500 club; this next bi session will be for you, big man. :49: at the fight advice; I've actually done that a couple of times, sans the forearm choke. Dead weight is a heck of a way to draw energy out of an opponent, especially a heavyweight that's already running low on gas.

Bulkboy- Thank you:D I need to bring up my arms, so I hope my work continually reflects that desire.

Rocky- Thank you:2: I look forward to hear how your training this past week went. I got shot with a taser on Monday:hsughr:; what'd they have you do?

Turkish- Thank you for the support in my log:)

Ben- Thank you:tiphat: The Freak title coming from a carbon-based beast such as yourself carries a certain motivating element to keep up; I'll keep working on that:hsughr:

Tweak- Teh updates:hsughr: I'm still being too sporadic with 'em:duh:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you should be sporadic and post about 17 of them tonight :spy:

bring all the jailbait to my yard...I mean...what? :spy:

:io:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alrighty then, here's my Quads/Chest/Forearms from last Saturday. Life has been busy as usual lately, but I'll likely kill me biceps, hamstrings, and shoulders today.

Quads

Hack Squat Machine

300X15(warmup)
480X15
570X13
660X11
750X7(PB :hsughr:)

Barbell Hack(Front) Squats- I find these give me a different feel from the machine, so pairing them up really hits the complete spread of my quads. Not my outer sweep as much mind you, but they're a great combo for real bread-and-butter mass.

185X15(working warmup)
225X12
255X13

Quad Extensions superset w/Single Leg Extensions

170X15/70X12(working warmups)
250X15/110X11
290X11/150X7(PB :hsughr:)

Chest

Incline Barbell Press

185X15
315X14
315X11
225X10(ds)
185X17(ds)

Flat Press Thingy(Think Bob Chick in his video on prepping for the Masters. It's basically a hammer strength chest press done on your back. The grip was too narrow for my shoulders though, so I mimicked Bob's 'grab the rig' approach to the press itself)

185X15(working warmup)
225X15
315X10

Cable Crossovers

100X15(working warmup)
130X13
150X12

Forearms

Olympic Bar Reverse Curls superset w/behind the back Olympic Bar Wrist Curls
(Same weight, different reps)

115X15/18
135X15/21
180X9(PB :hsughr:)/14(PB :hsughr:)

That was that. Even though I had lower volume than usual on my chest workout, it was an immensely satisfying session. Thank you all again for your support in my log. Now onto part two....

MMA Training
2 Hours
25 min. interval cardio(1 min rest every five)
35 min boxing(combinations and accuracy)
45 min grappling(emphasis on clinch and takedowns)
15 min mock contest(We toss these in every now and again; fresh opponent for each round = :ughnoes: good training)

And.....
The n00b of the Day

-This n00b experience actually comes from MMA. About two weeks ago, a semi-older gentleman(he'll remain unnamed) came into our gym to train. From day one, he was off the chain about the hundreds of streetfights he'd been in; actually told a couple of us how lucky we were to have him training with us. I for one just shook my head and moved on; in martial arts, you have a person like this pop in from time to time.

So we were doing group work, and he was scrambling to keep up. It was obvious that his overall experience in grappling(and groundwork in general) was much more myth than fact, which was really brought to the forefront because he kept complaining that his partners 'weren't doing it right.'

Nobody else wanted to work with him, so I volunteered myself to do so. We switched over to takedown training, and that's where our story reaches its climax. I truly felt bad for the guy; single leg, double leg, clinch....he just couldn't get it down. Every time I tried to offer a little advice(what advice someone as young as me could give, that is), he'd just tell me to 'shut up and gimmie a sec'. His anger was rising(mainly because he really was looking like a bit of a clown), so I guess that's why he didn't notice the support pillars we have periodically spread around the floor. I should've been more attentive as well, so I guess this is partially my fault.

He shot in for a double leg, but instead of dropping his weight and taking me down, he ran ahead full bore. He tripped, veered down to his left, and proceeded to slam the top of his head into one of said pillars. He slammed my butt and lower back into it a bit as well, but he caught in full on. Guy was out like a candle in a windstorm; he seriously didn't come around for something like six minutes. Had a knot on his head the size of Indiana:)gaygay:Tweakums)...and hasn't been back since. I hope he's doing alright, but honestly, I don't really miss him.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man those hacks are just insane :eek4:

when I say insane I mean insane enough for two rhinos, an elephant, 17 doves, and a Iguana named Hank to all form a regime together and fight Russia for what they think is still the Cold War :eek4:

I must move on past your quad exercises as they are just too much for one person to consume, let alone think about :ughnoes:

your inclines are marvelous, nearly as marvelous as Marilyn Monroe's rack before the drugs :turborun:

I love all that cardio of yours too man, quite intense, I'd love to do some of that training with you :gaygay:

:49: at the n00b of the day, n00bs come at all ages I suppose :49:

excellent work Eric :xyxthumbs:

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
:hhj: You're a machine, Eric. Seriously, I think you're a cyborg, we'll have to do some tests :coolguy:

That was a damn impressive weight session, then you go onto 2 hours of MMA! Absolute ridiculousness.

And the n00b of the day was good, too :49:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome session, those hacks are just incredible.
and with the mma training, real impressive you can keep the weight training so good.

and that n00b was hilarious:49::49::49: did someone catch that on video, because that would be awesome

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lmao Funny story, but seroiusley that was a great workout, Those hacks are just amazing, ive never seen someone personally even go nearly that heavy with um. Incline presses like always are absouloutley amazing. Forearms must be hige as well too, fuckin reverse curling 180. Keep up the strong numbers always an amazing log to check out