• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Glex: I've Got Runners Trot

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
pullups and rows looks top notch glex:) heck of alot of volume in that session for sure:p
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Great pullups and rows.Overall looks to be great session.:hsughr:
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
BB: Yeah, that session is a little voluminous. I added triceps to my back and shoulders day 'cause I haven't lifted legs yet (which is when I do triceps). My legs have been too sore from starting up running again, but my next workout should be legs.

Lion: Thanks. Pullups are on their way back up, I hope.

26 December 2007

Flat BB Press

135 lbs x 12
185 lbs x 8
225 lbs x 7
225 lbs x 4
235 lbs x 2
235 lbs x 1
...I hate not having a spot on these :disgust:

Incline DB Press
75 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 5...drop 60 lbs x 4

Chinups
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 6
...hmm...maybe they're not on the way back up :e5dunno:

Standing BB Curls
85 lbs x 10
85 lbs x 8
75 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 10

Standing Alternating DB Hammer Curls
30 lbs x 10
30 lbs x 8
30 lbs x 8

Abs

Running:

26:06 min, 3.16 mi, 8:16 min/mile average pace
Getting it back slowly.

Aftermath:
Not bad, I guess. Just wish my strength would come back. Also, I thought my run was going much better than it did. I wanted to be out for longer, so I guess it's good that I finished quicker than I estimated, but I also thought my pace would be better. Oh well, it was a pretty hilly course. I'll do something flatter next to see what I can do.
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
sucks not having a spotter? yes. i never use one man
everyone in my gyms a dick haha...
235s looking nice still!
running is awesome too, after that workout hell you okay? haha
keep it up glex!
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Good workout Glex!that strenght will come up for sure,im on the same road and getting closer..
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Don't fret about it Glex - it may not be coming back at the rate you want (when does it ever) but you are still making steady progress back up each session! Take stock buddy! It'll get there.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Nice session. dont worry about the strength, it will get up just give it some time
 
pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 4, 2007
Messages
1,371
Points
36
Nice benching? So why dont you ask anyone to spot?
 
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,330
Points
36
nice session
chins are decent still, you just will never catch up to me :hsughr:
but i cant say anything on bench....:tiphat:
and especially on running, its insane how you are that strong and have that much endurance running
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
you bench is really nice glex, i wish i could pump all that sshh.. :)

cardio looks awesome, too.. if i go running, 20mins. and im done :ugh:
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
1,095
Points
38
I fully understand the frustration of not having a spotter, although you were able to crank out some serious work without one anyway:hsughr: Inclines, bench, pullups, and especially that run.

I think I can drive an 8:16 mile:duh:

I know coming back is tough, but I feel you're definitely ahead of the curve. Keep it up:)
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Hypo: Thanks Steve-o.

Lionheart: Here's hoping :ughfingers:

Rocky: Thanks love bug :gaygay:

Philo: Same to you :gaygay:

pGhi: Meh, I dunno...hate bothering someone every two minutes if it's not completely necessary. When I really want to go heavy I'll bug someone :e5dunno:

Ragekage: Wait till I drop 20 pounds again :wtcrun:

Miami: Thanks brother. Running just takes some getting used to.

BigE: I frequently drive a 40 second mile :spy:

28 December 2007

Leg Press

340 lbs x 12
340 lbs x 12
540 lbs x 8
540 lbs x 8
540 lbs x 8

Two-Arm Overhead DB Extensions
80 lbs x 10
90 lbs x 8
100 lbs x 6
90 lbs x 8

Walking DB Lunges
50 lbs x 8
40 lbs x 10
40 lbs x 10

Straight Bar Cable Pushdowns (1 Pulley)
70 lbs x 10
70 lbs x 10
70 lbs x 10
70 lbs x 10

Prone Hamstring Curls
75 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 10

Single-Arm Underhand Cable Pushdowns (2 Pulleys)
30 lbs x 10
30 lbs x 10

Calf Raise Machine
495 lbs x 12
495 lbs x 10
495 lbs x 10
495 lbs x 10
...495 is the machine's max :2:

Abs

Running:

35 minutes, 3.93 miles, 8:55 min/mile
:disgust:

Aftermath:
My legs are gonna be sore. I'm not too happy with the run, but I'm gonna let it slide since I just lifted legs.
 
EternaL

EternaL

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
173
Points
16
your legs must be sore after that...nice iron workout:xyxthumbs:
 
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
1,095
Points
38
Excellent tricep and leg work there, Glex:xyxthumbs:

Then a four-mile(close enough) run on top of that? I think parents in Russia use a session like that to punish their children:ughnoes:
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
oouh he wasn't lazy :D nice workout my friend,

and thx for the robe/rope thing :keke:
 
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,330
Points
36
nice work, after you finally got out and did it!
hell of a run after legs wow:uhoh2:
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Strong workout there m8.Nice DB extentions.:)
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
How you could do that run after all that work is beyond me. Leg session was superb all by itself! Strong presses. Tri presses were sweet too - getting right back into the swing of things.
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Eternal: They were :hsughr:

BigE: In Soviet Russia, Glex runs you :spy:

Miami: No problem, amigo!

Ragekage: I told ya I'd go :coolguy:

Lionheart: I was pleased with the DB extensions, thanks for noticing :2:

Rocky: Thanks brother, let's hope I stick with it.

A few issues getting to the gym around the New Year (it was closed when I went on New Year's Eve :angrydude:). I should get in there tomorrow for chest and bis, and probably a run, too. My legs should finally be recovered after a sleep tonight.

I did a run to try and loosen up yesterday...wasn't pretty.

Running:
31 minutes, 3.4 miles, 9:13 min/mile
I think I may have messed up my time a little bit on my running GPS, but not enough to make it acceptable :no: Hopefully tomorrow's run goes better.
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Ha, shit, I forgot I did a back and shoulders session! Let me see if I can remember it:

30 December 2007

Pullups

BW x 10
BW + 25 lbs x 4
BW x 6
BW x 6
...I think

Hammer Strength Iso-Row
180 lbs x 10
180 lbs x 10
180 lbs x 10
180 lbs x 10

DB Shoulder Press
I don't remember. I think I got 80 lbs x 5, and there were three sets at lower weights.

Superset
Shrugs on Dip Bars
.....DB Side Laterals
BW x 10......................30 lbs x 10
BW x 10......................25 lbs x 10
BW x 10......................25 lbs x 10
BW x 10......................25 lbs x 10

Aftermath:
I think I did this in under a half hour. I had places to be.
 

Similar threads

Glex
Replies
20
Views
8K
PrinceVegeta
PrinceVegeta
Glex
Replies
7
Views
5K
Glex
Glex
Glex
Replies
15
Views
6K
Folkmetalhead
F
P
Replies
18
Views
4K
Johnny Bravo
Johnny Bravo
Top