• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Glex: I've Got Runners Trot

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
awesome workout Glex, Looks like you and Line are gonna definitely kill the weights
with "friendly" competition. machine dips are heavy, wonder how incline db presses are like, you two can easily up the weight on those, bet to see 120s soon!
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Line: :spy:

Ragekage: It done been broughten, son.

Hypo: 110s in the near future...120s? Who knows, I am getting creatine...

So today I lost my pilot slot. I don't need a bunch of sympathy and that's not what I'm searching for, I just wanted to let those of you in the know know. I got medically DQed for my back :disgust: Never ever tell the military anything.

The colonel let me and some of my buds go early from formation in light of that, but I didn't really need/want the attention. I took out the shock on a run instead:

29Jan08 1


And then hit back and bis with Line:

29 Jan 2008

Pullups

BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 8

Hammer Strength Iso High Row
230 lbs x 10
270 lbs x 8 + 4 partial

BB Curls
75 lbs x 10
95 lbs x 8
95 lbs x 6

DB Hammer Curls
45 lbs x 6...drop 30 lbs x 12...drop 20 lbs x 12

Abs

Aftermath:

My legs are sore. Not looking forward to lifting legs tomorrow.
 
MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
551
Points
16
nice work on back, strong BB curls considering you went heavy on the last set of iso-row. good luck for legs 2morow - don't work em too hard if they're too sore though
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Mak: Don't worry, it was an easy day. Felt heavier because of the run I'm sure, but it wasn't bad.

30 January 2008

Squats

135 lbs x 12
225 lbs x 8
225 lbs x 8

One-Legged Leg Press
250 lbs x 12 each leg, 12 together

Prone Hamstring Curls (11 settings)
5 x 10
6 x 10
7 x 6
Big drop set starting at 6

Calves
315 lbs x 10
355 lbs x 8

Aftermath:
Done.
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Good rows and curling Glexo_Only 3 sets for squats?
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice sessions and awesome run there!
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
nice 2 sessions my friend, the cardio is just sick.. running an hour.. man you must be crazy :keke:
 
Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
3,370
Points
38
Nice few session man. So does this mean no more pilot-esk stuff for you?
 
MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
551
Points
16
Mak: Don't worry, it was an easy day. Felt heavier because of the run I'm sure, but it wasn't bad.

30 January 2008

Squats

135 lbs x 12
225 lbs x 8
225 lbs x 8

One-Legged Leg Press
250 lbs x 12 each leg, 12 together

Prone Hamstring Curls (11 settings)
5 x 10
6 x 10
7 x 6
Big drop set starting at 6

Calves
315 lbs x 10
355 lbs x 8

Aftermath:
Done.

For an easy day those squats are pretty decent
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Good sessions. Sorry to hear about the pilot slot. What does that mean for the future?
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
whats wrong with you? wanna see some update mister :)
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Haha, hey guys. Sorry I've been out. The fact that a conversation went on in here makes me happy, though :hsughr:

I just haven't been motivated to get on the site. Don't really know why. I think it's Pain's damn arcade. It's a lot of work being the king :no:

Rocky: Unsure what the future holds. They're making me a civil engineer, but I'm still waiting to see where they're going to assign me. If it's somewhere lame I may just pay them back for their scholarship and get the hell out.

Alright, I've been working out, I just haven't been posting them. Here's today:

11 February 2008

Pullups

BW x 8
BW + 25 lbs x 6
BW + 25 lbs x 4
BW x 8
BW + 45 lbs x 2
BW x 8

Squats
135 lbs x 10
185 lbs x 8
225 lbs x 4
275 lbs x 2
275 lbs x 2

Yates Rows
135 lbs x 12
185 lbs x 10
225 lbs x 6
185 lbs x 8 (mixed grip)
185 lbs x 8 (mixed grip)
185 lbs x 10

Prone Hamstring Curls (11 settings)
6 x 10
6 x 10
6 x 10

Standing EZ Bar Curls
75 lbs x 10
85 lbs x 10
85 lbs x 10
85 lbs x 10

Single-Arm DB Preacher Curls
30 lbs x 6
25 lbs x 10
25 lbs x 10
25 lbs x 10

Abs

Aftermath:

Pretty pleased with everything. Squats will slowly work back up, bent over rows will hopefully start to match my bench if I start doing them more often, and the pullups went great. My grip strength still sucks, but doing more pullups has definitely improved that. And it's obviously improved my back as well.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice session mate! can you explain those ham curls with the settings and everything!??
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
^^ Sure thing. It's just how Line and I denote the weight on the machines without any weight listed...we think the plates are 20 pounds apiece but we're not really sure. There's 11 plates total, and I selected 6. Maybe I should just start guessing what weight it is...it would be easier.
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
13 February 2008

Incline DB Press

65 lbs x 10
85 lbs x 8
100 lbs x 4...I think this is going down :disgust:
70 lbs x 10
70 lbs x 8

Hammer Strength Press
180 lbs x 10
180 lbs x 8

DB Shoulder Press
60 lbs x 8
60 lbs x 8

DB Upright Rows
40 lbs x 10
40 lbs x 10
40 lbs x 10
40 lbs x 10
40 lbs x 10

DB V-Raises
20 lbs x 10
20 lbs x 10
20 lbs x 10

Abs
4 sets of 20 diamond pushups

Aftermath:

I was a little disappointed with the inclines, but my triceps were sore today so I'm not too terribly worried. That's also why I just did the diamond pushups for triceps. And that was that. Hopefully some cardio tomorrow, even if it's just playing in the snow :hsughr:
 

Similar threads

Glex
Replies
20
Views
8K
PrinceVegeta
PrinceVegeta
Glex
Replies
7
Views
5K
Glex
Glex
Glex
Replies
15
Views
6K
Folkmetalhead
F
P
Replies
18
Views
4K
Johnny Bravo
Johnny Bravo
Top