• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Glex: I've Got Runners Trot

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Glex said:
Oh, and I helped Sara move into her third floor apartment this morning so that was also a workout :49:

That probably did more for you than all the exercises preceding it!
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
good on ya for doing ur best with what u have, looks like u got in a good workout despite the lack of equipment:D
 
fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
1,273
Points
36
Still have you monster strength i see, Congrats on school always great to have more time even if it is for cardio lol
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Tim: Not every room yet, but hopefully soon :ughfingers:

Rocky: It wasn't easy. I'm glad I didn't work out before that.

Bulkboy: Thanks, that was the goal :hsughr:

Fallen: Thanks for the compliment :hsughr: Haha, yeah...there's never enough time for everything I want to do.

Alright, here's the skinny:

Running: 31 minutes total
2 minute warmup, stretching
3.1 mile (5k) cross country track...took me 25 minutes to complete :disgust:
4 minute cool down, stretching

I'm not too worried about the slow pace...I tried taking it out hard but it was like 85 degrees here, I haven't been consistent with running in the last two weeks, and our CC course is treacherous: it starts and ends in the same place, so you start running down a big hill and end running up the same hill, yet 2/3 of the course is above the elevation of the starting point :ughnoes:

Also did some pullups up at the school, and now I'm about to go improvise a back, biceps, and abs day in my basement (although it's nice out so I might bring the equipment outside). Cheers, everyone :xyxthumbs:
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Just did my improv session, done some walking lunges, BB rows, one-armed T-bar rows, EZ bar curls, and concentration curls. Not bad at all :xyxthumbs:

Shit! I forgot to do abs! :disgust:
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Shame on you for neglecting the abs! :no: (I say, having not done a sit up in months!)

Nice improv. Good array of exercises considering what you got!
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
ab training pretty much suck, good cardio u are doing there man, shit, i wouldnt be able to keep up with u. that back and biceps session looks great, good exercise selection:D
 
Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
3,370
Points
38
Nice Rocky style workouts Glexxy, but you forgot to hit a giant slab of meat in a freezer and carry a huge log up a hill.
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Rocky: Thanks man. It's working out pretty well.

Bulkboy: Yeah...but some of us have to train abs :disgust: I'm trying hard to get a good exercise assortment with what I have.

Chesti: :49: There's only one giant slab of meat around here, and I'm not going to hit it too hard :punchballs: I'll look for a log, though.

Alright, I've added some more 'equipment', so here's everything I'm working with:

Straps
EZ-bar
25 lbs plate x 2
15 lbs plate x 2
15 lbs machine plates I tore off our old Weider x 6 :49:
Cooler to be used as a bench
Step ladder
Picnic table

So, I was able to do:

Running: 38 minutes
Pretty easy pace, but the end hill up to my house was rough

Bench Press
Pullovers
Standing Military Press
Front Raises
Side Laterals
Rear Raises
Shrugs
Weighted Bench Dips
Abs

Aftermath:

Surprising what you can do with so little. I don't want to be stuck this way for much longer, but it's working for now :hsughr:
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Nice job again. You aren't as limited it seems as first thought! Hopefully you'll be back to more equipment soon though!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Rocky: Thanks...doing what I can. I hope at the latest I'll have a proper gym in another 9 days...I hope :ughfingers:

Alright, here's what I did done today:

5-19-07

Running: 45 minutes

Again, the pace wasn't fast, but the rolling hills of my hometown are killer!
Also did six 100ish yard striders afterwards
Drove what I ran afterwards to see how long it was, it was a little over 5 miles

Pullups
...sorta
Deadlifts
EZ Bar Rows
EZ Bar curls
'DB' Curls
Abs

Aftermath:

I forgot we have a pullup bar in our basement...but it's pretty much useless. It's not wide enough and I'm afraid to pull my head over the bar too much because it's only about a foot below ceiling height. The deadlifts were obviously really light, but I wanted to do something. Oh, I scavenged some more from the Weider machine, using one of the cloth and plastic handle attachments to turn some plates into 'dumbells'. No weights tomorrow, maybe some running if the weather holds off, though. Until next time, everyone :wave:
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Looks pret5ty good to me. Nice work on the scavenge! Every little helps!
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Thanks as always, Rocky :hsughr:

5-20-07

Running: 29:30 minutes

Approximately 7:47 minute miles (3.8 miles total)
Not bad considering my legs were pretty fatigued

Abs
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
nice cardio workout. I havent been running for a long time
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
^^ It's hard to get back into it. I have to force myself for about two weeks then it comes easier.

Running: 58:30 minutes
Not fast, but this is a 6-7 mile run with two extremely brutal hills, which are between .25-.5 miles each. I was donesy.

Stretched, hosed off, laid out in the sun, and an improv full body workout is coming later.
 
fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
1,273
Points
36
damn all that cardio is killer. Looks real good Glex you should be beach ready in no time
 
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,324
Points
63
oh my dude.. 1 hr of cardio.. thats awesome.. i know thats not alot for some.. but i would die.. good job.
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Fallen and Serb: Yeah, I'm the ice cream truck's worst nightmare: a fat kid that can run :spy:

Alright, so I thought I'd show you my 'set up' a little bit, here's some pictures. First one is my one-arm T-bar row set up, the next is the rest of my scavenged equipment (including a 40 lbs DB that materialized today :e5dunno:), and a view of the whole shabang with my boombox on the step ladder next to the garage door, and the cooler which functions as my bench there next to the picnic table :49: As you can see, my shoes are in the second picture and the last one is self-explanatory; I went Arnold-style shoeless today :xyxthumbs: Felt great!
 

Attachments

  • tbar.JPG
    tbar.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 35
  • stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 36
  • view.JPG
    view.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 40
  • feet.JPG
    feet.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 39
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
As for my workout, here's the skinny:

5-22-07

Squats
SLDL
Calf Raises
...sorta
Military Press
Shrugs
Bench Press
Single arm T-bar rows
Various bicep and tricep exercises
Abs

Aftermath:

Didn't really have a good way to do calves, especially since I was shoeless and going off a platform didn't feel right, but they were pretty much decimated on the run so whatever. I abandoned those and went on to the rest. It's a bitch doing bench press with that cooler! I had to clean the weight to my chest, sit down, lay down, then scoot to the proper position, then do my set! The first time I did it I set the weight on the step ladder behind my head but it ended up bending the cheap-ass EZ bar when I set it down too hard. Overall it wasn't a bad workout, but I really need a gym!
 

Similar threads

Glex
Replies
20
Views
8K
PrinceVegeta
PrinceVegeta
Glex
Replies
7
Views
5K
Glex
Glex
Glex
Replies
15
Views
6K
Folkmetalhead
F
P
Replies
18
Views
4K
Johnny Bravo
Johnny Bravo
Top