• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

God caused Katrina because of sin

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If this is the case, then you're technically not a "Christian." I whole-heartedly agree the teachings of Jesus are much better than the moral standards presented in the Old Testament. If you're only basing your morals off the figure of Jesus, however, that's not the same as believing in Jesus as the living incarnation of a God. Why not base morals off Gandhi or Martin Luther King instead?

The whole concept of Jesus as a living God is based off Old Testament theology. Ignoring the doctrine invalidates the premise, so to speak.
It would be similiar to saying, "I'm a member of the KKK, but I don't hate black people."

(at least in principal)

Not that I have a problem with your moral principals if they're based off Jesus. They're good guidelines to have, even if I think you reached them by mistake.

I should have phrased myself better. Their was no mistakes in me reaching my morals. their was studying and definate decisions made. I fully believe Jesus was living God. I was referring to the previous covenants that God made with man.I am very much a Christian i should have chosen my words better. That preecher talks about old testimate covenants as though they are still legitemate, and thhose are the way to God. The only covenant that really means anything is the one God made with us through Jesus. The only way to the father is through the son. I believe that.

I believe Jesus was living God. I also believe the prophecies about Jesus. I believe all of it but i live off of the teachings of Jesus. I base my morals off of Jesus Christ as Him being everything He says he is/was/will for ever be. You CAN NOT rtake Jesus as being some great philosopher because he never claimed to be a great philosopher. Jesus was the Son of God. You have to accept Jesus as being who he says because he never claimed to be anything else.

NO OTHER PERSON EVER IN HISTORY has done what Jesus has done, has been prophesized about like Jesus has been, and has claimed to be the Son of God like Jesus has, and is. NO ONE has ever claimed that the way to God is through "me" Meaning Jesus. No one ever made those claims. Jesus is unique and relevant and truthful and fits into prophesies like no one else in history. Yes i believe all of that because it is true.

The funny part about all the information i just listed was that it was listed by a athestic historian. Their was a documenatry on TV and alot of the historians in it were atheists. Who all agreed on the strong historical legitemacy of the Bible, and Jesus, but who also chose not to believe in it. Their are far more historical evidance and writings about Jesus being who he says he is than the other way around. In fact their is no evidance providing any information about Jesus ever claiming to be anything else but waht He claims to be other than hateful propaganda.

:xyxthumbs:

God Bless
Ben

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats cool and dandy.. but nothing takes care of itself..

I agree. I never said God was not in control. How could God not be incontrol of something He created? God created all things good. God created nature.

Jews are not the chosen people

Everyone is chosen. ANY PERSON WALKING THE FACE OF THIS EARTH can accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

thats why God himself came down to earth and was born of a sinners womb and walked a perfect path, this is the only way one can be heard or even thought of as being "good" in God's eyes, its through his work but our faith.. does this make any sense to you?

Dude Mary was without sin.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In fact their is no evidance providing any information about Jesus ever claiming to be anything else but waht He claims to be other than hateful propaganda.

Was Jesus human though? Because if so, could anybody please explain to me physiologically how it was possible to get God's semen all the way up in Mary's uterus?

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes.. i can assure you 100% that no matter what life your lead, the end result "without Jesus" will be hell. wanna know why?

No thanks, your post just made me happy I am an atheist :3

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also, I want to point out that I go to a really religious college. And all of my friends there but one are religious...

I respect their delusions, it makes me stronger knowing that I can lead a strong powerful and focused life without having to turn towards a deity to help me deal with my problems.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Was Jesus human though? Because if so, could anybody please explain to me physiologically how it was possible to get God's semen all the way up in Mary's uterus?
It's not, most of the stories throughout relegion are not scientifically possible, which is why I don't buy into one bit. Nevermind the fact that there's no proof besides a book written over a thousand years ago before scientific methods
existed.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ill get back to this thread later, im just busy working.. BEN if Mary was without sin then why did she call Jesus Lord? and if your case proves true then the bible is 100% wrong.. because no one is without sin.. stop praising the pope and open up the bible, you might be shocked what you find out.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm also curious though, geographically speaking, where exactly are heaven and hell? I mean, people have traveled up into outer space, and they haven't seen heaven or anything yet, I just looked on a map, and it's nowhere to be found. Whats the deal yo?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ill get back to this thread later, im just busy working.. BEN if Mary was without sin then why did she call Jesus Lord? and if your case proves true then the bible is 100% wrong.. because no one is without sin.. stop praising the pope and open up the bible, you might be shocked what you find out.

Because Jesus IS Lord.
Mary being conceived without sin is the immaculate conception. That does not make the Bible 100% wrong. The conception of Mary, the mother of Jesus without any stain of original sin in her mothers womb. From the first moment of her existence Mary was preserved by God from the lack of sanctifying grace that afflicts mankind. Mary was instead filled with divine grace. It is further believed that Mary lived a life free from sin. Mary calls Jesus Lord because that is what Jesus is, He is Lord. I want to address this also because i remember you saying Christians pray to Mary. Christians do not worship Mary. All we have done is repeat the words found in the bible about Mary.

I dont praise the pope. I do read the bible. Mary is the mother of all people as deemed by Jesus on His cross.

Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
NO OTHER PERSON EVER IN HISTORY has done what Jesus has done, has been prophesized about like Jesus has been, and has claimed to be the Son of God like Jesus has, and is. NO ONE has ever claimed that the way to God is through "me"

Not true. Quite a few people have claimed to be living incarnations of gods, and purported they were the only way to achieve immortality.

David Koresh,
Mithras,
and quite a few Hindu deities, just off the top of my head.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not true. Quite a few people have claimed to be living incarnations of gods, and purported they were the only way to achieve immortality.

David Koresh,
Mithras,
and quite a few Hindu deities, just off the top of my head.

Yes true. They claimed to be living incarnations of gods. they did not claim to be God, the one true God. Are u seeing the point. They were not historically referenced hundreds of years before their time. They do not fulfill any prophecy. They can be looked at as false prophets and nothing more because you have nothing to go by other than their word. Their is no previous history backing them up. They did not do what Jesus did.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they did not claim to be God, the one true God. Are u seeing the point. They were not historically referenced hundreds of years before their time. They do not fulfill any prophecy. They can be looked at as false prophets and nothing more because you have nothing to go by other than their word. Their is no previous history backing them up.

Also not true. The point here is you're using an opinion, something entirely subjective, to attempt explain something as fact. Try as hard as you like, you'll never be able justify any of your religious views with historic fact. All the claims you make for Christianity can be used for other religions just as well, therefore invalidating yours.

That's just some constructive criticism.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also not true. The point here is you're using an opinion, something entirely subjective, to attempt explain something as fact. Try as hard as you like, you'll never be able justify any of your religious views with historic fact. All the claims you make for Christianity can be used for other religions just as well, therefore invalidating yours.

That's just some constructive criticism.

What part of that was opinion?

EDIT:

Its like i typed earlier. You can believe that Jesus is everything He said he was, and is/ will forever be. You can believe that Jesus is the one the prophecies were about, and strongly suggest He is. These documents are their they are part of history! Yu cant say a document is not part of history when it is. HISTORICALLY JESUS IS WHO HE SAID HE WAS OR HE IS NOT? He never claimed to be anything else other than what he did. Jesus can not be classified as something he never claimed to be. He either is the God the Son and all the prophecies that are written down on documents that are part of history that spoke of Him before His time, or He is not. He can not be ;looked at as a philosopher, or any thing else that He did not claim to be.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Serb/Ben, wasn't Jesus a sinner?

John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. (Mark 1:4)

Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. (Matthew 3:13)

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. (Matthew 3:16)

He threatened to kill some ho's children, isn't that a sin?? I'd be pretty pissed if he tried that shit on my children.

Revelations
20 But I have this against you, that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and she teaches and leads My bond-servants astray so that they commit acts of immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.

I gave her time to repent, and she does not want to repent of her immorality.
Behold, I will throw her on a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her deeds.

And I will kill her children with pestilence, and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.

That's not cool of him, isn't Jesus supposed to love his enemies, not kill their babies?

Matthew 5:43:

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."

Luke 6:26:

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

You guys have also yet to even comment on

1) Physiologically, how'd Mary get knocked up with Jesus?

2) Geographically, where are heaven and hell?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^

Ben, that above video does nothing to support the typical Christian doctrine. All it says is that there must be a creator somewhere, which is a notion that I have no problem with. However, the notion that he's this old white guy who got some chick knocked without busting inside her, which gave birth to a kid who did all these crazy cool things, is beyond absurd.

I'm really going to pray my hardest tonight, that God will come over to my place tomorrow night to watch the Laker game, and eat pizza and drink beer with us. According to Jesus, if I really pray for it, it should happen, right?

Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 )

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^

Ben, that above video does nothing to support the typical Christian doctrine. All it says is that there must be a creator somewhere, which is a notion that I have no problem with. Me neitherHowever, the notion that he's this old white guy who got some chick knocked without busting inside her, which gave birth to a kid who did all these crazy cool things, is beyond absurd. Thats your right, and i never condemn you for it. Are you condemning me for it?

I'm really going to pray my hardest tonight, that God will come over to my place tomorrow night to watch the Laker game, and eat pizza and drink beer with us. According to Jesus, if I really pray for it, it should happen, right?Hmm thats a tuffy. You know ironslave im not really sure mabye you should pray for the anwser to that question too, in the same manner your mocking me in. :xyxthumbs: Thanks bro, always nice to hear your hatred and discriminating remarks. Way to back the constitution like your buddy ron paul bc u clearly believe mocking people that believe in it and their own rights. :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:COngradulations Your Hypocrite!:xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love these relgion threads, because everyone starts debating these fairy tales. Everyone acts like they are right when there is too much that contradicts in religion for one person to be right.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would like proof of evolution that is not inside a species. Please tell me how a fish can after millions of years become a donkey. How can a monkey turn into a person?