• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Kai Greene Updates Official Thread

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
re: Kai Greene Updates - Official Thread

Kai Greene words of bodybuilding wisdom:
As a young man I remember being told that the guy that goes to the gym is the guy that is concerned with the physical, and the man that goes to college is a man that is concerned with the development of his mind. I struggled from time to time with that as a young man.....Because THEY'RE NOT SEPARATE. To identify myself as a bodybuilder is to identify myself as a thinking being. My body becomes a physical manifestation of my thoughts. My power is not my body...My power is my mind. My mind is at work. To gain command of this, is to gain command of your thinking, to gain control of your thinking is to gain control of the picture of your life!

Last edited by a moderator:
The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

18033369_10155365133038901_2116454853405-1.jpg

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Waste. Wish Kai was competing.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

It isn't going to happen. Kai seems pretty happy with what he is doing.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

I don't think we'll see him competing at the Mr O ever again.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

Some day maybe Kai and Phil will mc at Mr. O and then they can try to out do each other. lol

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Some day maybe Kai and Phil will mc at Mr. O and then they can try to out do each other. lol
That is more likely than them ever going up against each other in Vegas.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Kai Greene.. Bodybuilding is his craft.. to be he quit competing.
I do a lot of thinking about my training and meditating about my craft when I’m not in the gym. Bodybuilding is my craft and because it is my craft it dictates how I live. Because it dictates how I live it’s not just what I do in the gym but it’s also an accepted lifestyle. When I get in the gym it’s all about action. I don’t have time to sit around and mark anything off in a book or question what I am going to do next. So largely while I’m on the floor I am going by how I feel, but it’s not just how I feel because I’m also continually cross referencing back and forth huge reservoirs of information that I’ve gathered in the years that I’ve been training. So it’s really unfair to say exactly I just go by feel. But I do believe in high, high intensity. I don’t believe that there’s anytime while I’m on the floor that I should be sitting down catching my breath; that doesn’t make sense. There’s plenty of time to rest when I’m done. Take your mind and body to the next level with me, online training available for May email: Kai@officialkaigreene.com
View attachment 13840

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

by Jack Beresford
Kai Greene On Bodybuilding, Making Movies And Turning To WWE
The star of Generation Iron 2 spoke exclusively to loaded about all things musclebound.

Bodybuilding takes as much mental as it does physical strength, as the legendary Kai Greene knows only too well.

Born and raised in Brooklyn, Greene’s steady rise through the ranks of professional bodybuilding saw him garner the nicknames The Predator and Mr. Getting It Done.

Something of an overnight star after the release of Generation Iron, a documentary charting the ups and downs of life as a professional bodybuilder on the circuit, Greene has returned for a second instalment, Generation Iron 2, which lands this month.

Ahead of the release, he spoke to loaded about what it takes to make it in the sport and a few more things besides.

loaded: How did you first get into bodybuilding?

Greene: Influences in the pop culture, photos, magazine. Immediately thought of larger possibilities if I were able to look like the images in those publications and on screen.

loaded: What would be the one piece of advice you would give to anyone getting into it?

Greene: Be clear about what you want to accomplish. Be clear about what your goals are.

loaded: Can you walk us through your daily fitness/diet regime?

Greene: Wake up and give thanks to my creator and then we follow our basic protocols. Meals are prepped and eaten 2-3 hours until my day ends. Training consists of morning cardio and basic regimen following an afternoon training session. And in the middle of all that we conduct our business outside of the gym.

loaded: Can you explain the mind-muscle connection to us?

Greene: Becoming fully aware of the muscles that you are training while you’re training them.

loaded: What’s the most extreme thing you have ever seen someone do in a bid to win a bodybuilding contest?

Greene: The most extreme thing I’ve seen is the aim of the athlete to do their very best!

loaded: Are steroids still a problem in bodybuilding? Do you have any horror stories you might have witnessed that would put people off using them?

Greene: I have no horror stories

loaded: Looking back on your career to date, what’s been your most cherished memory/success?

Greene: Winning the first competition because of the extreme circumstances we found ourselves under at the time.

loaded: You’re going to appear in a movie called Crazy Fist – can you tell us a little about that? Any other films in the pipeline?

Greene: In Crazy Fist, I play an action character that battles the main character within the opening scene of the film. Yes, Generation Iron 2, which premieres May 12th during Body Power Weekend in Birmingham, UK. My role represents the limitless possibilities as well as the hopes of those that dare to aim higher and to do more.

loaded: And your art – how did you get into sculpting? Was it something you’ve always been keen on?

Greene: The artistic mind has been alive and with me as long as I care to remember even before I knew it was there.

loaded: Would you ever consider doing something like WWE? You’d make a pretty cool addition.

Greene: That would surely be exciting. Currently I’m developing my skills as an actor to play multiple roles and characters. So much so that I’ve been cast in a film that I cannot say much about this very moment, but I play an intriguing character with a heart of gold.

View attachment 13864

http://loaded.co.uk/kai-greene-bodybuilder-wwe/

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

18486130_10155449703338901_8521901123968-1.jpg

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

18664224_10155472540718901_4972386786141-1.jpg

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Here is what Kai said with that pic:
When you start to track and monitor your progress, don't hold on too tightly to the things you didn't get to do as much as the thousands of things you were able to accomplish. And a lot of times you won't even realize the progress you have made after a certain time and will catch yourself troubleshooting & asking what if this had happened? What if I was able to do that? Become more alert of your actions, listen to the internal monologue, take notes, and work on becoming better everyday.
Take your mind and body to the next level with me this summer, for all options/routines email Kai@officialkaigreene.com

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Kai at 298 lbs

18740151_10155493760168901_2543985616688-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author

Kai Greene Updates from May 28, 2017:
Don't mind the rather teenage selfie tanning room pic. Hah! In Season Shape, Check in update at 298lbs. When it’s all said and done your own success comes down to setting up the proper foundation. What I mean is enabling yourself to be able to apply basic fundamentals over and over again each day. Getting up at certain time, doing certain things the vast majority of people won't do. Keeping your checklists, preparing your meals, going to do your cardio, walking through many disciplines and staying on top of them. Those are things that when you string them together you start to create a day of efficient actions. The more you string those days together the more likely it will be that you can set up your own success.
View attachment 14046

View attachment 14047

View attachment 14048

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Kai said he is in season shape. For what?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I love Kai Greene but you gotta admit he is a little bit crazy.
View attachment 14103
I'll leave it up to you guys for the caption. Hah!
On another note, your boy Kai is taking a break in between takes, while I subconsciously think to myself "I don't think this chair or whatever it's called will hold me any much longer"... hah!