• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Line's Top 100 Films of All Time

Are You Interested In Line Including Write Ups For Each Film?

• Total voters
P

Pain

VIP
I remember watching The Sandlot when I was young, great family movie.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love the Sandlot, great write up as well :2: Definitely deserves to make the list. "Your killing me smalls!" :keke:

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Sandlot is very enjoyable, I'll never grow out of it. Kind of a random choice of picture for the banner. :dunnodude:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Sandlot is very enjoyable, I'll never grow out of it. Kind of a random choice of picture for the banner. :dunnodude:

I know it should have been with her oiling herself :disgust:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the sandlot? make no mistake i love the movie. but it seems to me your putting it on this list because its the best family/baseball film you've ever seen, not one of the best 100 ever made. its a cute movie and i remember it fondly but i'm not seeing it anywhere near the top 100 of all time.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
the sandlot? make no mistake i love the movie. but it seems to me your putting it on this list because its the best family/baseball film you've ever seen, not one of the best 100 ever made. its a cute movie and i remember it fondly but i'm not seeing it anywhere near the top 100 of all time.
Why not? And I'll warn you now that you will lose this debate if you choose to pursue it.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why not? And I'll warn you now that you will lose this debate if you choose to pursue it.

i'm not debating with you line. i'm not a movie buff as you clearly are. i just think the inclusion of the sandlot on your list of the best 100 films EVER based more on it being your favorite family film is a little odd.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i'm not debating with you line. i'm not a movie buff as you clearly are. i just think the inclusion of the sandlot on your list of the best 100 films EVER based more on it being your favorite family film is a little odd.

Just throwing this in here, it is Line's Top 100 Greatest Movies of all Time.. not ours. With his knowledge and passion he gives us write ups explaining why he chooses the movies, but he doesn't have to because this is his list of his choices. :tiphat:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just throwing this in here, it is Line's Top 100 Greatest Movies of all Time.. not ours. With his knowledge and passion he gives us write ups explaining why he chooses the movies, but he doesn't have to because this is his list of his choices. :tiphat:

true. idk i just never saw my favorite childhood movie as being one of the greatest films ever. more just a feel good movie about growing up :dunnodude:.

it is a good list and i'm really not objecting to the inclusion of the sandlot as i do like it. i just found it weird to be on this list with so many other classic films

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
true. idk i just never saw my favorite childhood movie as being one of the greatest films ever. more just a feel good movie about growing up :dunnodude:.

it is a good list and i'm really not objecting to the inclusion of the sandlot as i do like it. i just found it weird to be on this list with so many other classic films
It has to do with weighted criticism based on values and objective. The Sandlot has an encompassing purity and understanding of itself that overshadows basic lines of critical thinking such as how well a film is acted or shot. Yes, those are important attributes to a technically sound film but there's no guarantee that it will even graze artistry. Does this mean I'm calling The Sandlot art? Maybe, but either way the progressive display of its director is an important realization in terms of filmmaking geared towards a younger audience.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It has to do with weighted criticism based on values and objective. The Sandlot has an encompassing purity and understanding of itself that overshadows basic lines of critical thinking such as how well a film is acted or shot. Yes, those are important attributes to a technically sound film but there's no guarantee that it will even graze artistry. Does this mean I'm calling The Sandlot art? Maybe, but either way the progressive display of its director is an important realization in terms of filmmaking geared towards a younger audience.

i had to read this a little slowly (your analysis have a lot of depth) and i see your reasoning and it does make sense. i guess i am thinking more that a great film needs superb acting/directing to be considered great. but the quality of the story is what puts the sandlot on this list and i agree with the inclusion. thanks for explaining it.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i had to read this a little slowly (your analysis have a lot of depth) and i see your reasoning and it does make sense. i guess i am thinking more that a great film needs superb acting/directing to be considered great. but the quality of the story is what puts the sandlot on this list and i agree with the inclusion. thanks for explaining it.

I'm glad I am not the only one :49:

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Does anyone watch movies because they want to laugh without analyzing every facet of the movie anymore?

Mindless Comedies FTW!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Does anyone watch movies because they want to laugh without analyzing every facet of the movie anymore?

Mindless Comedies FTW!
That's nice, post it in your own fucking thread.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Update coming within the hour.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Wilder, 1960

First and foremost, Mr. Lemmon is the reason this film succeeds on the level it does. While his character of C.C. Baxter doesn't offer a full exposé of emotion in terms of broadened range, the nuance he invests is incredibly drawn and perfectly appropriate. Perhaps it is the quintessential role he was born to play. In fact, since my first helping of The Apartment I have always expressed Lemmon as actually being good ol' Buddy Boy, an interesting persona in and of itself. Probably too nice for New York City and a bit pathetic in his own right, Buddy fits the definition of a people pleaser as well as anyone, though he remains far more likable than such descriptors would lead one to believe.

The titular location is, in fact, Baxter's apartment which he lends out to those in position to better his lifestyle; namely his bosses. The juxtaposition of Baxter in relation to those above him is a fair indicator of what makes him so lovable. There's an interesting dichotomy existing between their shenanigans and his floundering dealings with them that causes his more sociable surrounders to question their perspectives on young Buddy's life. He's seen by his neighbors as a playboy and the shortcomings of his superiors are projected onto him. Their infidelities become his. Lemmon handles said accusations amazingly and Wilder often allows his screen time to run on so he can stay and build upon his character. Hilarity ensues.

On the topic of Wilder, his aesthetic scope, which is often under-talked about in comedies, transitions smoothly from the highly contrasted, well-framed images of Baxter's work place to the gentler, more personable scenes involving Lemmon and MacLaine. Their chemistry seems real, not in the sense that they click unconditionally but moreso because they're both decent people and not overly characterized. The way they give into whims of others, especially when placating to demands of a sexually suggestive nature (bold for a film of its time, particularly when vesting in holiday themes) makes them, at one point or another, endlessly humiliated. At one point, MacLaine describes herself as "the happy idiot", which is more or less a shared idea of self-perception between herself and Lemmon. We, as the viewer, become enamored in watching them crawl from their awkward social and romantic holes. The comedic and more touching sentiments are brilliantly orchestrated throughout.