• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Line's Top 100 Films of All Time

Are You Interested In Line Including Write Ups For Each Film?

• Total voters
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
good to see you're continuing the list mate :xyxthumbs:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome list continuation bro.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Next film: A noir starring Bogart. :hsughr:

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Next film: A noir starring Bogart. :hsughr:

Bogart pwns all.

Theres only one Bogart movie better than Maltese Falcon and these no way you are rating it so low.. so I'm looking forward to see what what other Bogart movie you are rating higher than Maltese Falcon.

And how can you rate The Lady Vanishes so low?

Either way good work on making this list man, i would have such a hard time trying to come up with a top 100. Looking forward to see what makes your top 25.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Update later today.

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Finally.. its going to take year's for this to finish at this rate and i really want to see your top 25. But understand your busy, so ill wait...

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Finally.. its going to take year's for this to finish at this rate and i really want to see your top 25. But understand your busy, so ill wait...
Ha, yeah. What's sad is that my top films change a good amount so this list would already look completely different from the time I started it until now. That's not to say these still aren't all great films but things change. I'm slowly trying to teach myself how to objectively rate films that I've loved before my standards were so high, comparatively against those I've seen as of late. Once the summer ends I should have more time to do essays.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Hawks, 1946

As complex and fascinating as noir films get, The Big Sleep shows little care for the intellectually complacent and instead insists on reveling in its own astute detaility that only heightens the viewers interest. For the sake of saving time and space, I will forgo going into major plot points as the film features as many twists as one can recall though many serve interesting purposes outside of feeding the narrative composition. The picture is incredibly risque and transcends the standards of its time in terms of sexually charged dialogue and its portrayal of unequivocal violence. Bogart offers one of my favorite performances of his illustrious career as Detective Philip Marlowe, an intuitively strong character who slowly bends his convictions in order to protect those he feels eschew purity despite their involvement in questionable affairs.

Hawks expertly showcases the grayness of the human condition by not acknowledging such standard labels as "good" and "evil" but instead by promoting the importance of choices made during periods of moral ambiguity. Many times the weight of an action's appropriateness is dictated through passionate means, be it sensual or vengeful. In either case, and plenty examples exist of both, justification and explanation are present as to not fall into the territory of the aforementioned easy labeling. Truly, this is a film that rightfully examines the full gamut of indecent action and moral manipulation while remaining wildly entertaining and well-crafted simultaneously. This hard-edged, well explored presentation is what the genre and its manipulators should strive for.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well-written reviews, Line. Fun to read and a good incentive to broaden my scope. I know I don't post here often, but I never miss your write-ups.

Question: Will any Japanese films make your list?

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what about Australian films? :keke:

dude The Big Sleep is awesome im soo glad it made the list.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Hawks, 1946

As complex and fascinating as noir films get, The Big Sleep shows little care for the intellectually complacent and instead insists on reveling in its own astute detaility that only heightens the viewers interest. For the sake of saving time and space, I will forgo going into major plot points as the film features as many twists as one can recall though many serve interesting purposes outside of feeding the narrative composition. The picture is incredibly risque and transcends the standards of its time in terms of sexually charged dialogue and its portrayal of unequivocal violence. Bogart offers one of my favorite performances of his illustrious career as Detective Philip Marlowe, an intuitively strong character who slowly bends his convictions in order to protect those he feels eschew purity despite their involvement in questionable affairs.

Hawks expertly showcases the grayness of the human condition by not acknowledging such standard labels as "good" and "evil" but instead by promoting the importance of choices made during periods of moral ambiguity. Many times the weight of an action's appropriateness is dictated through passionate means, be it sensual or vengeful. In either case, and plenty examples exist of both, justification and explanation are present as to not fall into the territory of the aforementioned easy labeling. Truly, this is a film that rightfully examines the full gamut of indecent action and moral manipulation while remaining wildly entertaining and well-crafted simultaneously. This hard-edged, well explored presentation is what the genre and its manipulators should strive for.
I'd completely forgotten this film. It was the second Bogart film I saw and was part of a series they had on TV (spaced marathon over a few weeks).

Take a look at some of the Aussie films like The Hard Word, Two Hands, actually look through Brian Brown's, Guy Pierce's and David Whenham's filmography for some classic Aussie flicks.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Take a look at some of the Aussie films like The Hard Word, Two Hands, actually look through Brian Brown's, Guy Pierce's and David Whenham's filmography for some classic Aussie flicks.

David Wenham was awesome in Gettin' Square. Also check out The Bank and The Boys.

Others: Lantana, Bad Boy Bubby, Breaker Morant, The Idiot Box, Gallipoli, Romper Stomper, Kenny, The Proposition, Rabbit-Proof Fence and Shine.

/end hijack

:xyxthumbs:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
David Wenham was awesome in Gettin' Square. Also check out The Bank and The Boys.

Others: Lantana, Bad Boy Bubby, Breaker Morant, The Idiot Box, Gallipoli, Romper Stomper, Kenny, The Proposition, Rabbit-Proof Fence and Shine.

/end hijack

:xyxthumbs:
The Bank and Getting Square were brilliant.

Haven't seen Lantana (not a fan of Anthony LaPaglia), Rabbit Proof Fence or Bad Boy Bubby.

Didn't like Kenny, Shine or The Proposition.

The Hard Word and Dirty Deeds were good too.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
The Bank and Getting Square were brilliant.

Haven't seen Lantana (not a fan of Anthony LaPaglia), Rabbit Proof Fence or Bad Boy Bubby.

Watch Bad Boy Bubby, you'll never be the same again :ughnoes:.

Didn't like Kenny, Shine or The Proposition.

Hand in your citizenship and get the fuck out! :angrydude:

The Hard Word and Dirty Deeds were good too.

You didn't like Kenny or The Proposition? Seriously? :dunnodude:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You didn't like Kenny or The Proposition? Seriously? :dunnodude:
I saw Kenny on the plane after watching Beer Fest. Beer Fest was better, that says alot!

The Proposition was being talked about as being great, but I knew that Nick Cave had written it so it could be hit or miss. It was a huge miss for me with the only stand out being Ray Winstone (who I first admired in Sexy Beast).

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
hahaha Beerfest kicked arse... it had GUNTER in it HAHA he made that movie...

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hahaha Beerfest kicked arse... it had GUNTER in it HAHA he made that movie...

"Zat's true Sandy."
BeerfestPhoto5-1.jpg