WillTheThrill
Well-known member
Member
- Joined
- Apr 19, 2008
- Messages
- 92
- Points
- 6
my triceps pretty much overshadow my biceps and no matter what i do for them i cant get them to stand out like my tri's. anyone know how to fix my prob?
Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums
MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.
Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.
By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.
Do some heavy negatives for your biceps, ie, on straight bar curls. Make SURE they are warmed up properly, but take a weight (ie, your 1RM curl) and do like 5 sets of 5 reps of just a partner assisted eccentric. That should eventually help a lot.
I'd also work your forearms a lot too, thicker forearms usually give the look of bigger bi's.
Though ultimately, much of it is genetic. Some people have great bi's, others don't.


I'm going to suggest some heavy back exercises here first. Compound movements are always great bulk-builders. Heavy rows and chins are great, weighted chins are awesome. Following that heavy BB curls and maybe preacher or concentration curls to work on the peak.

4-6 ppft! Sounds like a girly-man workout![]()

nothing girly about it m8 A lot of good suggestions in here but i am going to go ahead and throw mine in too! If you are only training bi's once a week I would suggest that you do them at the end of a workout (I like to do them after back). I would start of with heavy barbell curls 6-10 reps for 3 sets and vary your grip week to week. I like to do mostly narrow grip on these as I am trying to work on that stubborn brachialis. Make sure you really fight the weight down on the eccentric phase to incorporate maximum effectiveness. Then after this I would move onto a different exercise (preacher curls, incline curls, alternating dumbell curls, hammer curls etc) and work 3 more sets of a lighter weight and aim for 10-14 reps.
As stated in here, bi's are mostly genetic and the biggest mistake you can make is to overtrain them. I would not do more than 6 sets in a session and no more than 10 sets a week. Consistency will make your bi's grow.
There is no way you can effectively go 100% after a full back routine

I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy and acknowledge the following:
MuscleMecca.com does not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or pharmaceutical products.
Advertisers are fully responsible for their content. Use this section at your own risk.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical, legal, or purchasing advice.
Illegal activity is strictly prohibited and may result in permanent bans.