• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days.

Simply perfect. 10/10 5/5 100/100

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At first I was going to add that this could be interesting and then realized that using age as an interesting narrative force is something not too far removed from Unforgiven, which is a character study in the the purest of terms and a great one at that.

Perhaps that's his rationale for doing it. The Western genre and Dirty Harry are arguably (maybe not so much due to the quality of his more recent films) what he is most well known for and with the Western being pretty much dead at the time and his bringing to us 'Unforgiven' which garnered so much praise and "re-invented" the genre perhaps he's thinking he can do a similar effort with a new Dirty Harry which will finish the series off in a better manner (much like Rocky Balboa did over Rocky 5).
But I would have expected Clint to have a bit more savvy than this - and risk tarnishing his usually well calculated movie steps.
Unless senility is starting to set in.

VBP

VBP

Kill Bill2
Must watch Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
el orfanato (the orphanage)

not because its spanish and im advertising, it really scared me

the "bad" thing of the whole movie is the end, its a very very "weak" end for some people, and a very "heart touching" end for others, which clears out all the fear you were carrying during all the movie

but im sure you will enjoy a bunch of good frights and you will be able to sleep well

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kill Bill2
Must watch Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs

Great to see another Tarentino fan. Although QT didn't direct it, can I assume you liked Hostel?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Im currently watching The Addams Family movie

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Great to see another Tarentino fan. Although QT didn't direct it, can I assume you liked Hostel?
While it's not an awful film there's no point in comparing Hostel to any of Tarantino's work, except for Death Proof which sucks.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah. When I saw Death Proof, I thought I would be paying $10 for a good movie, not a 2 hour ticket to hell.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Yeah. When I saw Death Proof, I thought I would be paying $10 for a good movie, not a 2 hour ticket to hell.
I haven't even seen the extended edition, just the one billed with Planet Terror in Grindhouse. The only thing good that came out of that wreck is that for the first time Tarantino was his own DP which could prove for innovative, or at least progressive, visual statements in his upcoming films.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no country for old men
didn't like it.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
INLAND EMPIRE (2006) - Holy Hell :hhj:

Line, could I get some help on understanding this, please? I know you've seen it probably several times.