• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Thanks Line, that cleared up a whole lot. Sound's like I was misunderstanding a few bits also which made it a little harder to gather in what was going on. The film as a whole was pretty brilliant, I'll probably give it another view sometime this week as my brain has cooled off finally. :xyxthumbs:
No problem. I'm usually pretty apt at watching a film for the first time and getting almost all there is to from it but I found that about halfway through IE my mind went into panic mode as if it couldn't process anymore information. One thing I will say is that the camera work during the first act seemed to be purposely tame so that when we begin to venture outside of convention the seemingly superfluous camera work comes off as all the more creative and technically sufficient. Lynch says he'll never make a movie using actual film again but I'm curious as to how this will translate to less experimental story lines.

Also, another Lynch film entitled Lost Highway was just released on DVD Tuesday after not having a proper release for more than 10 years. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Chinatown (Polanski, 1964) 7.5
Naked Lunch (Cronenberg, 1991) 7

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Line what did you think of Lord of War?
It was alright. There was nothing out of the ordinary or special about it but it held it's own and certainly isn't a bad film.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
'As Good as it Gets' the night before last.

'Assassins' last night.

P

Pain

VIP
Killing Fields 1984

That was one hard movie to watch. Malkovich is such a great actor.

h0ke

h0ke

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Meet The Spartans
Some good scenes but pretty boring!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just watched the latest rambo, good movie....lots of carnage

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To be short, Anton Chigurh was not really representative of a person per se as much as he defines the notion of a fatalistic wave that sweeps through situations that concern everyday people (think of how easily he removed himself from the car wreck as the most striking example of evidence). The movie itself is presented as a crime/thriller but most of the dialogue, especially the more speech-driven moments are not about moving the story along but instead about expanding on the themes existing in the film. Basically the film is saying that certain events are going to appear before us all and outside of a few initial decisions much of our involvement in the outcome is over as if the past directly projects a mesh of a scenario and a minute decision made by an individual. It's a bit more complicated than that but it's not an overly or unnecessary complex film. The problem most have with it is that they fail to realize that it and its characters are more representative of ideas and theories instead of actual people within a story.

I just finished the movie and came and read your explanation straight after.
Does the average movie watcher really see the movie like this?

I see the cleverness now, but had I not read your post the movie came across weird with no ending.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Probably not, but maybe it would benefit the average movie watcher move to see films that are thematically closer to this than whatever else is being released.
JS316 said:
I see the cleverness now, but had I not read your post the movie came across weird with no ending.
Understandable but the average person needs to realize that cinema does and will exist with or without them and that their bearing on the subject is worthless. Even though such films (Funny Games being a current example) do not necessarily cater to their cinematic needs it's important that they realize their existence and purpose. The release of such films may translate as being more of a provactive statement than anything else but that's not to say the underlying message is lost as well.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Line is a movie genius, that is basically enough said :49:
Reading his posts on movies has made me dissect them much more and I still cannot come up with the conclusions or educated breakdown of cinema that he does, but I can see how and why movies that I once thought were good are lacking in many ways. So I leave it up to him, and ask questions when I am confused. :tiphat: