• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
28 weeks later wasn't all that great. Better than 28 days tho.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shallow Hal the night before last.

Armageddon last night.

P

Pain

VIP
I watched Demonic Toys last night.

***** /5

Last edited by a moderator:
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rambo IV

I didn't like it that much, quite brutal though. First blood is the best.

Lord of War

This was actually a good movie.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

didnt understand, didnt like the presentation of the story, and what did tommy lee jones have to do with the movie?
the ending i didnt like either.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Harsh Times

Bale was good in it, of course, but, overall, I wasn't too impressed. Good entertainment, though...

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anything specific you'd like to know? I'll post something later today regardless.

Well...

Well, I was pretty much understanding up until Nikki and Devon started becoming more than co-stars in the film they were doing. Nikki ended up looking a mess with the group of chicks (all looked like sluts) inside the house. What do these girls resemble in IE? Previous actresses attempting to create this corrupt film?

Also, I'm not sure about the television show with the 3 people in rabbit costumes or however you describe them. And the girl watching while crying on the bed? Maybe another actress who's prisoned in this whore like lifestyle?

And, Devon/Billy - how is he two different people? What are his roles?

Finally, at the end, Nikki finds the door to this room with the 3 rabbits. The woman crying on the bed is released and sent back into the "real world" or whatever, she's out of INLAND EMPIRE.

I half way understand. I wasn't this confused after seeing Mulholland Dr. :tear:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
28 weeks later had more action including the army, and that beautiful helicopter scene. I don't see how 28 days later comes close to 28 weeks. persuade me to think differently?

P

Pain

VIP
I enjoyed 28 Days Later more than 28 Weeks Later. Mainly because of the characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
didnt understand, didnt like the presentation of the story, and what did tommy lee jones have to do with the movie?
the ending i didnt like either.
To be short, Anton Chigurh was not really representative of a person per se as much as he defines the notion of a fatalistic wave that sweeps through situations that concern everyday people (think of how easily he removed himself from the car wreck as the most striking example of evidence). The movie itself is presented as a crime/thriller but most of the dialogue, especially the more speech-driven moments are not about moving the story along but instead about expanding on the themes existing in the film. Basically the film is saying that certain events are going to appear before us all and outside of a few initial decisions much of our involvement in the outcome is over as if the past directly projects a mesh of a scenario and a minute decision made by an individual. It's a bit more complicated than that but it's not an overly or unnecessary complex film. The problem most have with it is that they fail to realize that it and its characters are more representative of ideas and theories instead of actual people within a story.
Well...

Well, I was pretty much understanding up until Nikki and Devon started becoming more than co-stars in the film they were doing. Nikki ended up looking a mess with the group of chicks (all looked like sluts) inside the house. What do these girls resemble in IE? Previous actresses attempting to create this corrupt film?

Also, I'm not sure about the television show with the 3 people in rabbit costumes or however you describe them. And the girl watching while crying on the bed? Maybe another actress who's prisoned in this whore like lifestyle?

And, Devon/Billy - how is he two different people? What are his roles?

Finally, at the end, Nikki finds the door to this room with the 3 rabbits. The woman crying on the bed is released and sent back into the "real world" or whatever, she's out of INLAND EMPIRE.

I half way understand. I wasn't this confused after seeing Mulholland Dr. :tear:
I'll sum it up as clearly and succinctly as I can. The film, as a whole, is basically about Nikki who in reality is a struggling actress and does get a creepy visitor from a neighbor. As things in her life mysteriously turn favorably she begins to mentally question the existence of herself in the realm of those surrounding her as they seem to have far more control over her life than she does. Thusly, she begins playing the part of Susan along side costar Devon, who plays Billy. It's important to note that almost everything up to this point (minus the absolute beginning) is a very close representation of reality, or at least as close as Lynch is going to let us get. Much of the rest of the film exists in a surreal world that is mostly an imaginative force of Nikki's mind.

It's at the point where we see her and Devon in bed together that the line initially blurs as she's become far too consumed with the consummate changes of which she has no control over. She begins to lose grasp on what defines reality versus what is fabricated and as she cannot discern what is her role within the film and what is life neither can we as the audience. What we see throughout the next two acts is a piece-meal recollection of the hellish transpirings one must go through in order to actively succeed within the emotionally straining world of Hollywood (just a minor theme). The world itself in which we are shown is a blend of 1.) Nikki's real life, 2.) scenes from the movie and the imagined collective of Susan inside Nikki's head, 3.) the original film that was not released but most of which was shot. The girls doing "The Locomotion" are actresses playing whores in the movie On High in Blue Tomorrows but speak candidly off the set to show their actual personalities are being shown but Nikki cannot distinguish them from their filmic roles or from each other.

As per other examples of minutia, you're probably better off not concerning yourself too much with them because only Lynch knows the answers and he never tells. The rabbits, more than anything, are likely symbolic of the ideology of "going down the rabbit hole", a practice that this film frequents. If anything, Lynch is laughing at those coming up with asinine reasoning for some of his stranger movements but the film is purported to be more of an experience and a relationship between audience and director, as if creating a dialogue between them (notice the heavy theme of lenses), moreso than a cohesive narrative.
28 weeks later had more action including the army, and that beautiful helicopter scene. I don't see how 28 days later comes close to 28 weeks. persuade me to think differently?
If you prefer actions and violence it would be all but impossible for me to persuade you into liking Days better because both films have two completely different intentions. While they're both roughly classified as horror movies the original is much more concerned with establishing characters and exploring how they shape and change drastically as all of their most personal, and most obvious, ideologies fail them. Weeks, on the other hand, makes a few backhanded social remarks about the US involvement but other than that is a pretty shallow picture with little to think about afterwards, and with its share of flaws throughout as is.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Metropolitan (Stillman, 1990) 8

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lord of War

I have seen it before, but it is a great movie. Very eye opening and I like how they did it, especially with the beginning credits following the path of a bullet from factor to a person's head.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jumper.I fell a sleep..so i missed the ending.:angrydude:

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Line, that cleared up a whole lot. Sound's like I was misunderstanding a few bits also which made it a little harder to gather in what was going on. The film as a whole was pretty brilliant, I'll probably give it another view sometime this week as my brain has cooled off finally. :xyxthumbs: