• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched Gone Baby Gone the other day, i thought it was very good, 7 or 8/10. I liked the way it ended.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
The latest was "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry"..but that was the 4th time I saw it...I think my latest unseen movie was "Drillbit taylor"

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
In regards to Donnie Darko:
It's awful.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you there sir... :coolguy:

It has to rate as one of my top-20 all time faves, if not in the top 10.

Donnie Darko has great performances from all its cast but in particular from Jake Gyllenhaal. It builds a foreboding and haunting atmosphere through Donnie's visions of doom and culminates in a tragic but beautiful ending. Donnie's teen-angst seems very real as he tries to cope with his weirdness and the people around him. It's compelling, emotional, unsettling and darkly humorous at the same time. Frank the bunny is just freaky and he and the character of Donnie complement each other well in Donnie's downward spiral into madness. The director makes great use of the 80's soundtrack to set the mood of many scenes.

I suck at movie reviews I'm sorry. You wouldn't believe how much effort that took me to write. I don't know how you're managing to write your top 100, 1 is hard enough. All I can really say is that this movie stuck with me for days and I think I watched it 5 times in the space of a week. Mad World still gives me the chills when I listen to it. Lots of my mates were lost in its weirdness and didn't comprehend it at all but I loved its combination of odd but realistic characters, science fiction and the sense of impending doom that permeated the entire movie.

my rating: 10/10 :xyxthumbs:

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mad Money - 5/10 - Not really funny, but a decent watch

Beowulf - 6/10 - Nothing in comparison to 300

Untraceable - 7/10 - Really enjoyed this, reminded me of Silence of the Lambs

Beowolf was lame as fuck:disgust:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't mind Smokin Aces at all. Mainly for the performances admittedly.

I liked Nightwatch but yes it is rather kewed. I have got and wathed the sequel and it is more of the same. Visually very impressive but slightly more coherent fortunately so I'd give it a watch Tim!

So Richard Donner, Mel Gibson and Danny Glover have all signed on for Lethal Weapon 5...
Yeh Jeremy Piven and Ryan Reynolds were great in Smokin Aces but it did still feel rather empty as a film and tried to make up for it in blood.

I'm a big fan of Ryan Reynolds, some of his indie films have been elevated just by his presence.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like watching it when I'm ripped because the first time Frank appears, I'm just like "Woah..."

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
crouching tiger hidden dragon - one of my favorites.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Mummy: Curse Of The Dragon Emperor

:uhoh2:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its 4:20 A.M. and im watching Arachnaphobia. John Goodman is hilarious in this movie.

Dont ask me why im up this late. I think I have a minor case of insomnia no joke.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
21 - 4/10

is that the one with Jim Carey in it? man that was a stinker. good overall story to it i rekon. you know, the whole deal about the number conspiracy/curse, but it was overall pretty shitty as a film.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mad Money - 5/10 - Not really funny, but a decent watch

Beowulf - 6/10 - Nothing in comparison to 300

Untraceable - 7/10 - Really enjoyed this, reminded me of Silence of the Lambs

did you watch the animated/CG version or the real version?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watched Drillbit Taylor last night, it was just alright.

6/10

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ah, okay well there's one where everything is in computer animation, the other is with real people, ect.