• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Wanted sucks but turning a movie off after only five minutes is a no-no.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The thin red line.

Great fucking movie.

EDIT: Everybody should watch it at least once.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

i thought it was decent with the action parts,

but it would be annoying for you, for example a movie u finding really crappy, u gotta watch the whole thing still yeah?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Currently watching Billy Madison lulz

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
i thought it was decent with the action parts,

but it would be annoying for you, for example a movie u finding really crappy, u gotta watch the whole thing still yeah?
It's not even that. Five minutes isn't nearly enough time to form an adequate opinion on a movie. It's as if you never watched any of it basically.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just rewatched Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back for the however much time. Good fun, but I am reminded of how little I like Will Ferrell's acting. Oh and how much I like Diedrich Bader and how sexy Eliza Dushku is.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wall-E

This is probably my favorite movie from 2008. It's funny, cute and has a great underlying message.

P

Pain

VIP
Bad Lieutenant

Harvey Keitel is such an under rated actor. One of the all time greats.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
monstercock - breaking in debbie

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Harder They Fall - Humphrey Bogart.

Proving that a move can hinge on the performance of just one guy to raise everyone else around him. Although in all fairness Humphrey was the George Clooney of his day, didn't actually play anyone other than himself, but brought a presence and likability to the characters.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Understandable. I fell asleep after 20 minutes of the film, and my friends continued watching. I just can't stay interested in a movie that is so unbelievable.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
The Spirit 4/10

I wanted to like it but it was just poorly made and scripted.
Scarlett Johansson and Eva Mendes were so fucking hot though...
scarlett-johansson-the-spirit.jpg

eva_mendes1-1.jpg

(Couldn't find a good pic of Eva from the movie but I'll let you know that she photocopies her own ass.)

Edit: found one!
the_spirit_set_04.jpg

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shoot 'Em Up.

Possibly the most stupid film that I have ever watched. Really good fun. Reminded me of John Woo's The Killer.

P

Pain

VIP
Into The Wild

I read about it and it sounded like a good movie. I was kinda hoping it would turn out like Cast Away. I was so wrong.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I watched WALL-E again...think its was better the second time.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Contract - Morgan Freeman and John Cusack

Not too shabby. Refreshing to see Morgan Freeman doing something outside of his "venerable mentor" roles. The last really great standout performance I saw him in was Under Suspicion with Gene Hackman.

Overall the film was ok. Not bad but not something to rave about. As a result I'm quickly losing faith in John Cusack, because he has made a lot of average films of late without that standout.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Happy-Go-Lucky (Leigh, 2008) 7.5
-One of the year's best. Took me a while to form my thoughts on it. Details below.

During the first act I basically thought it would merely be Poppy going through, eschewing typical social unhappiness and everyone else just bouncing their moods off of her. This was not the case though as she's actually a rather human character, at least in the sense that she isn't a constant. The film is a study, or an expose rather, on the costs of staying consistently happy in a modern world and how difficult it can truly be. By "costs" I don't mean the negative effects on oneself but how such a projected positiveness can stimulate others to act out of character, and sometimes rather harshly at that. It does harp on the benefits of the lifestyle, though never actually suggests that it's a realistic goal to ascertain. If anything, it shows that the joy of oneself and the longing to please others can actually carry a negative connotation given the circumstance. I was impressed with Leigh's realization of the characters, the very natural scenarios and dialogue presented, and, most importantly, his ability to not let his vision wander too far off course. Poppy changes throughout the picture, sure, but it's in gaining perspective that this happens. Her worldly view doesn't falter, nay, but her approach does. She learns that a projection of a positive mentality calls for subtlety and delicacy in some instances and this shift in her rather dynamic persona is where the heart of the picture comes from. It gives weight to the idea that being happy regardless of circumstance is a heavy burden to carry, though this idea is a bit exaggerated. The film communicates it more along the lines of the social difficulties in being a truly joyous person and spreading that to others while playing up the importance of a positive mentality in general. Instead of being merely celebratory of her actions, it hints at the importance of approach and rhetoric in our most personable dealings.

Cidade de Deus (Meirelles/Lund, 2003) 5
-The over-stylization trivializes the actualities the film is addressing.

Frost/Nixon (Howard, 2008) 6.5
-A step up for Ron Howard.

The Red Shoes (Powell/Pressburger, 1948) 9
-Second viewing. Extraordinary film.

Låt den rätte komma in (Alfredson, 2008) 7
-Different than what I expected. The route it took was refreshing though it's not without flaws.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Into The Wild

I read about it and it sounded like a good movie. I was kinda hoping it would turn out like Cast Away. I was so wrong.
Cast Away sucked giant balls :coolguy: