• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eastern Promises.

I'm not seeing what everyone raved about. It was interesting, entertaining, involving and I am quickly seeing Vincent Cassel and Viggo Mortensen climbing the ranks of best actor. Plus it was good to see Naomi Watts actually act for once rather than pick up her pay check. But still not in the running for the "best film of the year" that was bandied around by people *cough* Line *cough* (amoungst other movie reviewers).

Now I'm going to have to watch There Will Be Blood to see how Viggo lost best actor.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Eastern Promises.

I'm not seeing what everyone raved about. It was interesting, entertaining, involving and I am quickly seeing Vincent Cassel and Viggo Mortensen climbing the ranks of best actor. Plus it was good to see Naomi Watts actually act for once rather than pick up her pay check. But still not in the running for the "best film of the year" that was bandied around by people *cough* Line *cough* (amoungst other movie reviewers).

Now I'm going to have to watch There Will Be Blood to see how Viggo lost best actor.
After seeing There Will Be Blood, it'll be obvious how Viggo didn't win. Still, Eastern Promises is very much one of the best films of last year. Not my favorite Cronenberg by any means but a solid effort nonetheless in a year that's constantly overpraised as a whole. What didn't you like about it?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After seeing There Will Be Blood, it'll be obvious how Viggo didn't win. Still, Eastern Promises is very much one of the best films of last year. Not my favorite Cronenberg by any means but a solid effort nonetheless in a year that's constantly overpraised as a whole. What didn't you like about it?

I think I was expecting more from the movie because of all the praise and addulation. TDK had this too but it lived up to the hype for me. For this I was expecting something better than A History of Violence, but got something roughly the same.

Plus I felt that the movie hinged on the performances and those subtle shift in characters as the situation becomes clearer. But I didn't feel this matched with a cinematic tension. An example would be the fight scene, it was dirty and riveting but felt a little heartless and cold (sterile even). Such that one of the key moments lacked that tension that the characters were obviously displaying.

Although I probably only noticed this because of the hype and raised expectations. Still one of the better films of the year, just not "the best".

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Slumdog Millionaire
The story of how impoverished Indian teen Jamal Malik became a contestant on the Hindi version of "Who Wants to be A Millionaire?" -- an endeavor made without prize money in mind, rather, an effort to prove his love for his friend Latika, who is an ardent fan of the show.

Link
Slumdog Millionaire

Very well made movie and worth the watch :xyxthumbs:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gran Torino movie was pretty boring actually.. i thought its gonna be awesome but i would give it 5/10

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Outlaw Josey Wales(1976)

it is an old Clint Eastwood movie and it was pretty good.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Transsiberian (Anderson, 2008) - 7/10
Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The (Fincher, 2008) - 6/10

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im currently half way through - The Curious Case of benjamin Button
im actually enjoying the movie, pretty interesting

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
max payne (2008)
the movie has nothing to do with the game.and it wasn't that good.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
The only thing that let that movie down was the terrible acting, apart from Clint of course.
The supporting cast was fairly bad, yeah, but it didn't distract me too much. "Boring" just seems like such an odd criticism for it, considering how quickly it moves as a whole. There really aren't many wasted scenes at all. I can find problems with the movie as a whole, sure, but that certainly isn't one of them.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Just watched The Wrestler. I need to collect my thoughts.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just watched The Wrestler. I need to collect my thoughts.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts/review of this movie, or from anyone else,
im 50/50 of watching it or not :wutyousay:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts/review of this movie, or from anyone else,
im 50/50 of watching it or not :wutyousay:
At the very least, it's worth seeing.