• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gangs of New York, it was good but... not great. 7 /10 IMO.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shooter. I thoroughly enjoy this movie lol.
You and Tim didn't catch this on Foxtel last night by any chance? I saw it to, pretty much agree with you guys. One scene confused me though if you two could help me out.

The sniper scene at the end. I assumed Marky Mark was the guy in camo, then he was one of the guys in the all white outfits. What the hell happened? Did he switch clothes or set up a dummie or something?

Pioneer - Watch Goodfellas, if you kinda liked GONY then I'd say you'd enjoy it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You and Tim didn't catch this on Foxtel last night by any chance? I saw it to, pretty much agree with you guys. One scene confused me though if you two could help me out.
Nah watched it on DVD a few months back. Don't like the idea of paytv, I don't watch enough of it to pay for it.
The sniper scene at the end. I assumed Marky Mark was the guy in camo, then he was one of the guys in the all white outfits. What the hell happened? Did he switch clothes or set up a dummie or something?
He did a lone gunman thing on the house with the senator and the general. Or do you mean when they do the trade in the snow? In which case he was picking off the other snipers from a rock outcrop in the snow, so he had head camo that was different from the suit.

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pioneer - Watch Goodfellas, if you kinda liked GONY then I'd say you'd enjoy it.

LOL, ive seen it multiple times. I love that movie, without a doubt my favourite gangsta movie. God Father may be overall a better movie ill admit, but if I only had time to watch one more gangsta movie before I died, Goodfellas would be it. I love the start of that movie, only movie i can think of that has a better intro is 'Once Upon A Time In The West'.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Gangs of New York isn't very good at all. It's quasi-ambitious in its attempts to convey cultural iconography but it never really transcends rote.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He did a lone gunman thing on the house with the senator and the general. Or do you mean when they do the trade in the snow? In which case he was picking off the other snipers from a rock outcrop in the snow, so he had head camo that was different from the suit.
I meant the trade in the snow man, my bad. So did he set the camo head gear up as a decoy? I just remember the headgear being shot and seeing blood :dunnodude:

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gangs of New York isn't very good at all. It's quasi-ambitious in its attempts to convey cultural iconography but it never really transcends rote.

Nice description of the movie, not that anyone knows what your talking about. :wutyousay:

Im not really sure what your on about .... but this is what I thought of it. The movie just seemed a bit empty to me, like it was trying to achieve something in its story by displaying and informing of the history of New York, but ended up focusing too much on the characters small personal problems but since the movie seemed to be created with the main intention to show a short period of history in New York rather than personal problems, the character's personal problems were not properly developed to provide... I don't know... a sense fulfilment? at the end of the movie, so the movie kinda ending up well not failing but not reaching it's potential as it spent to much time focusing on an aspect of the movie that wasn't properly developed as it didn't seem like it was intended to be the main point for the movie. I felt the movie ending up trying to compensate for the lack of its history lesson by running that newspaper montage thing towards the end. DDL for me carried this movie for me to give it a 7/10. LOL @ the back cover of the version i have of it, where it tries to compare it to great epics like the GodFather......

So what do you think of my analysis of the movie Line? Did i make any sense at all? :dunnodude:

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cidade de Deus (Meirelles/Lund, 2003) 5
-The over-stylization trivializes the actualities the film is addressing.

5/10 !?!?

Blasphemy!

If you could please go into detail as to why its only 5/10 in your book. Thanks.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Napolean Dynamite.

Worst film ever, had no story line to it whatsoever.

P

Pain

VIP
Worst film ever, had no story line to it whatsoever.

It didn't need a story. It was great for its weird sense of humor.

Last movies I watched were.

Unforgiven
Crimson Tide

I'll be watching Eden Lake tonight. :ughnoes:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^^ The humour part was just him speaking really, and not even opening his eyes lol

Last week I watched Role models which is great and my best movie of last year that i watched has to be superbad, god thats funny.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^ In Napolean Dynamite. Napolean hardly opened his eyes and spoke like a prick.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
SATCfinal.jpg
indyjonesfinal.jpg
Rambo.jpg
wall_e.jpg
shrekthirdfinal.jpg
Tropic Thunder.jpg
thehappeningfinal.jpg
transformersFINAL.jpg
gay_jokes.jpg
Life-Aquatic.jpg
Gran-Torino.jpg

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lulz @ Tech's post. them are some funny posters

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Come again? I wish my vocab was at least half of what yours is.