• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
7 Pounds. All in all I thought it was good, but until the end when everything is revealed I was sitting there kinda bored. I didn't think there was much in the movie except for the end.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ladder 49 (Russell, 2004) - 3.5/10
-- Impassive, cold, distant from any actual emotions from the situations that take place in the film.

The Hills Have Eyes II (Weisz, 2007) - 2/10
-- Shit.

A Clockwork Orange (Kubrick, 1971) - 10
-- Excellent. Kubrick is a crafty mo-fo. The camera work was great in this, I'm hoping to see the best in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Ratatouille (Bird, 2007) - 8/10
-- Pretty good. The connection between the rat and the chef was strong, but seemed a bit automated to me. Not better than Wall-E. :thumbsup2:

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lol Tech!!! awesome.

Just saw The Wrestler..good movie. Camera following him all the time is cool. 8/10

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Halloween remake

Second time I watched it, I really gave it a chance this time to but what a piece of shit. A swift kick in the balls to the original. Yeah lets make Michael Myers like 7 feet tall, he won't stand out in the slightest.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Come again? I wish my vocab was at least half of what yours is.
Hmm...the movie attempted to show how important culture is to the individual and how the resulting pride can lead to bad things, which is a commendable effort and all, but the film hardly executed this is any spectacular fashion. :gaysign:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Amusement
Three women are stalked by a killer with a grudge that extends back to the girls' childhoods.

4/10
It was a twisted, strange plot of a horror movie.

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
'High Noon' - 8.5 / 10

Great movie, definitely see why some rate this as being one of the best westerns of all time. I think this movie does a great job showing how cowardly some men can be even when confronted by an enemy that will do harm to them as well. There are plenty of great shots in the movie as well that went along to portray how alone the protagonist of this picture is. For me the main element that made this movie work so well was the clock's, with the count down being almost real time it lead to an increased sense of involvement on the part of the viewer as the clock ticked down. I would highly recommend this movie to all western fans who have not seen it yet.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Rewatched this film. It was hilarious the first time and no less so the second time.

I think the thing that sets this apart from the pack is the brilliant use of cliches as satire and movie plot moments. Plus the three leads sell the entire scenario. Probably one of the better uses of the "breaking the 4th wall" I've seen too.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
L'Empire des Loups

Interesting film but a bit hard to follow exactly what the plot was as there was really 2-3 (depending on who you are following as the main character, which changes for the final act).

But I do like these gritty French films.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Inside Man.

Second time I've watched it. Didn't enjoy it as much the second time. Performances were good (aside from Jodi Foster) and the intrigue around the heist was well done. But I just didn't really see the point. If it is a heist movie then the characters have to grow. If it is going to be a morality thriller, then the main crux needed to be dealt with better. Maybe I just expected more from it the second time, or maybe Spike Lee didn't really know which type of film he was making.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Inside Man.

Second time I've watched it. Didn't enjoy it as much the second time. Performances were good (aside from Jodi Foster) and the intrigue around the heist was well done. But I just didn't really see the point. If it is a heist movie then the characters have to grow. If it is going to be a morality thriller, then the main crux needed to be dealt with better. Maybe I just expected more from it the second time, or maybe Spike Lee didn't really know which type of film he was making.
Not to mention...

If you had such an incriminating document you would just burn it. :e5dunno:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not to mention...

If you had such an incriminating document you would just burn it. :e5dunno:

Yes I agree completely.
No plausible reason was given for the document still being in existence. For the diamond ring you would have gotten rid of it on the black market via a blind seller arrangement. I mean they had the Jodi Foster inquisition of this situation, they could have had a reason, such as a reminder of his guilt and reason to be a better person. Plus if it was so secret how did the thieves find out?????

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Choke

I liked it, and not just for the sex scenes. I hope they make more of Chuck Palahniuk's books into movies.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Choke

I liked it, and not just for the sex scenes. I hope they make more of Chuck Palahniuk's books into movies.
I'm a big fan of that book, I was weary on whether or not I wanted to see the film though.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm a big fan of that book, I was weary on whether or not I wanted to see the film though.
So, you've seen it? I've never read any of his novels, was fight club a good book?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
So, you've seen it? I've never read any of his novels, was fight club a good book?
I haven't seen it, no, but I have read the book. As for Fight Club, I don't really think the book has much that the movie doesn't cover. It's a fairly easy read but I'd prefer to just throw in the movie again rather than give it another read.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I've read the book. There are a few things that are different and it is a bit more complex. But it is very "stream of thought" writing and easy to read.

The movie did a decent job of it though and in some respects is superior to the book.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^^ I've read the book. There are a few things that are different and it is a bit more complex. But it is very "stream of thought" writing and easy to read.

The movie did a decent job of it though and in some respects is superior to the book.

Totally agree. The stylisation of the movie also contributed to its effect. Every young male wanted to be doing what the characters of the book were doing. Fight Club the movie in a sense became the Narrator and Tyler's first fight. Its by far my most watched movie. I used to throw it in and feed of its nihilism when I was trying to get some writing done.

Actually I must buy it on DVD again, I left my original copy in Oz.