• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the boy in the striped pyjamas - this was a very good film, i really liked it, allthough it was very sad.

I loled when they burned. Needless to say, my date, group of friends and the entire crowd of people at the movies did not.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
transformers was absolutely stupid. should have seen bruno. complete nonsense and explosion after explosion and little else. oh, and megan fox has the hottest face on earth attached to a body about as curvy as a 12 year olds. you suck micheal bay.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality said:
and megan fox has the hottest face on earth attached to a body about as curvy as a 12 year olds.
You say that like it is a bad thing :borat:

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Taken - meh. 5/10. some cool fighting sequences though.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
puff puff and pass 6/10 really fucking funny

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Ben Stiller shouldn't be lauded for his movies, he should be strung up by his testicles and made to watch reruns of Ishtar again and again.
After watching along came polly I have to agree. The only thing that makes this watchable is any scene with Phillip Seymour Hoffman in it, he stole the entire show (not a hard feat).

Or if you've never seen this before, just youtube the basketball scenes.

"WHITE CHOCOLATE!" :49:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You say that like it is a bad thing :borat:

:49:

lol to each his own. i definately like women much more curvy and possesing at least an ass or a chest, preferably both. megan has neither :tear:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
saw fight club.......very dissapointing. i thought it preached a useless message (unless you're content with being homeless and then in turn, doing whatever you want, since you're belongings will no longer "own" you, lol) and the voice over present throughout the entire film was irritating.

was expecting a lot more out of this movie

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why would you?

because it's one of those movies where if you haven't seen it anyone i've talked to about it is always like "omgz! you have to see it!" idk, for how much it's touted as a great movie i thought it was a whole lot of nonsense.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
saw fight club.......very dissapointing. i thought it preached a useless message (unless you're content with being homeless and then in turn, doing whatever you want, since you're belongings will no longer "own" you, lol) and the voice over present throughout the entire film was irritating.

was expecting a lot more out of this movie

:umwtf:

We all have our own interpretations, but I also think you might have missed the point of the movie also. I'm going to wait for Line's response first because he'll probably put it better than I could.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You missed the point.

Agreed.

It is pretty blatant what the point is. I think it is also a resonant point for our modern society. We even see it in the approach people take to lifting weights. We have stopped being men.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im going to see a movie, any recomendation?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
go and see Bruno Rob.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks man but couldnt get there on time.

now i just watched "Requiem For a Cream" it was beautiful, all those creampies made me cry..

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agreed.

It is pretty blatant what the point is. I think it is also a resonant point for our modern society. We even see it in the approach people take to lifting weights. We have stopped being men.

Very true Tim. The weightlifting point is quite interesting and also easy to see at any gym. So many people shying away from real lifting and doing everything on a swiss ball or using a machine.

I thought fight club was an excellent movie, and a good commentary on the social condition of extreme materialism that north america harbors today.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line - Michael Haneke. You seen much of his stuff? I've only seen his 2nd version of Funny Games but am intrigued by his trilogy - The Seventh Continent, Benny's Video and 71 Fragments of a Chronology of Chance and wondered if you had seen these? They sound like they could be hard going but rewarding.

I've heard Hidden is meant to be good too.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Line - Michael Haneke. You seen much of his stuff? I've only seen his 2nd version of Funny Games but am intrigued by his trilogy - The Seventh Continent, Benny's Video and 71 Fragments of a Chronology of Chance and wondered if you had seen these? They sound like they could be hard going but rewarding.

I've heard Hidden is meant to be good too.
Unfortunately, I haven't seen the entire trilogy but I do like his stuff as a whole. I'd rank his work as follows:

The Piano Teacher
Funny Games US
Cache
Funny Games
Benny's Video
Time of the Wolf

His new film The White Ribbon is supposed to be excellent as well.