• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Watched The Wrestler last night, I really enjoyed it and was amazed by Mickey Rourke but I was a bit annoyed by the ending. 8/10

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

I think because I wanted to see a conclusion to the story, I'd invested myself in Randy's story and wanted to see how it turned out whether it was good or bad. In retrospect I can understand leaving the story open-ended and my annoyance stems from my personal hopes of Randy getting a break for once.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unfortunately, I haven't seen the entire trilogy but I do like his stuff as a whole. I'd rank his work as follows:

The Piano Teacher
Funny Games US
Cache
Funny Games
Benny's Video
Time of the Wolf

His new film The White Ribbon is supposed to be excellent as well.

Interestingly of the trilogy you have watched what some people regard as the weakest film. I enjoyed Funny Games so may have to investigate further.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
El Freako said:
I think because I wanted to see a conclusion to the story, I'd invested myself in Randy's story and wanted to see how it turned out whether it was good or bad. In retrospect I can understand leaving the story open-ended and my annoyance stems from my personal hopes of Randy getting a break for once.
Well, the idea is that he dies in the ring -- if not at that match, a future one. He begins only identifying himself through wrestling because he becomes so letdown by the variability of the real world. He's given up trying to connect with his daughter - his only bloodline - and now fills that void with the applause of strangers. It's all quite tragic, really.
Interestingly of the trilogy you have watched what some people regard as the weakest film. I enjoyed Funny Games so may have to investigate further.
I thought Benny's Video was an interesting look at Westernization in contemporary Europe. Godard worked within similar thematic confines in the 1960's but obviously generational gaps in such a cultural movement exist, so it's good to see them explored to this day. Haneke being Haneke, the film is almost uncomfortably harsh, but no worse than his other films.

P

Pain

VIP

I didn't like the ending the first time I watched the movie either. On my second viewing of the movie, it felt right. I would actually of hated it if we saw him die in the ring. It would of be too cliche.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I didn't like the ending the first time I watched the movie either. On my second viewing of the movie, it felt right. I would actually of hated it if we saw him die in the ring. It would of be too cliche.

I'll probably feel the same way on second viewing.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gran torino - Brilliant. i absolutly loved it.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ you see right throught me el freako:bitelip:

i didnt cry, but i was getting a bit teary eyed at times during the movie.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hallam Foe - good movie. i enjoyed it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Harry Potter - Order of the Phoenix
Finally a Harry Potter film that was not a kids film.

Definitely Maybe
Second time I've watched this and still really enjoyed it. Still want a pair of headphones like the ones Ryan's character has.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'm bored, so I'll rank what I've seen this month:

Viridiana (Bunuel)
Schindler’s List (Spielberg)
The Elusive Corporal (Renoir)
Juliet of the Spirits (Fellini)
Rosemary’s Baby (Polanski)
Diary of a Chambermaid (Bunuel)
Mouchette (Bresson)
Intimate Lighting (Passer)
Race to Witch Mountain (Who cares?)
Hannah Montanah: The Movie (Some asshole)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I pity you Joe. I'd rather stick my hand in a blender than watch Hannah Montanah.

Secret Agents
- Vincent Cassel and Monica Belucci, surprisingly little chemistry between this real life couple.

Walking Tall
- guilty pleasure.

Oceans 13 - probably the best of the 3 films, but like all the others lacks tension.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watchmen - awsome. i like super hero movies but this one really surpassed my expectations.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I saw (500) Days of Summer last night in theaters. Somewhat of a letdown (I wasn't anticipating a masterwork either way) but not without its moments.
tim290280 said:
^^ I pity you Joe. I'd rather stick my hand in a blender than watch Hannah Montanah.
The "real" film is actually more painful than her concert movie. Srsly.
Watchmen - awsome. i like super hero movies but this one really surpassed my expectations.
Surpassed my expectations as well, though I usually do try to keep such things to a minimum. I had put off seeing it until the Blu-ray release and was somewhat disappointed with myself for doing so.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
district 9.

Completely predictable but i enjoyed it a fucking lot.

8/10

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Along with all the other names - Arnie is confirmed in a cameo role in Stallone's upcoming "The Expendables", and now Bruce Willis is taking a small role too! :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Seven Per Cent Solution - A Sherlock Holmes pastiche.
Not bad. Duvall is convincingly British and a perfect Dr Watson.

RocknRolla
Guy Ritchie back to form, but the ending left a bit to be desired. Narrative wasn't as strong as his best work either.