• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gangs of NY

Ballots don't make the results - counters do. Keep counting!

Epic film. I love how the chaos and corruption progresses and Day Lewis is just awesome, right down to the accent.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mediocrity?

So you didn't enjoy Lock Stock?

I agree he is way overrated and isn't what you would call a great director. But he has done some good work.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
So you didn't enjoy Lock Stock?

I agree he is way overrated and isn't what you would call a great director. But he has done some good work.
I haven't seen it. Snatch is alright but I wouldn't necessarily call it particularly good. I found RockNRolla pretty grating.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Lock, Stock... is definitely his best, but I did enjoy Snatch a lot and Brad Pitt's turn as the Mickey in particular.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Snatch is pretty decent, but not as good as Lock Stock.

What Snatch has going for it is a bit more star power, whereas Lock Stock has many great one liners and good repartee.

RocknRolla is kinda a step down from those two, due mainly to the ending and weaker narrative than his best work. I can see why you would find it grating Joe. There isn't really a central character or definitive plot, as everything feels incidental.

On a side note: I was watching a little bit of Iron Chef America this morning. Has anyone else seen this with Mark Dacascos hosting and been expecting him to do a couple of backflips and kick someone in the head?

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Inglorious Bastards - 10/10

i loved it. i think Tarantino did it again and made another AWESOME movie. it was different then what i thought it was goin to be like but i still think it was great. i loved Brad Pitt's accent in the movie and Eli Roth was really good too. i made one of my friends go see it again and now i already want to see it again.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Death Race 9/10

it was a badass movie. the action was awesome. the acting could be a little better but all around a lovedl it and it was my first movie to watch on blu-ray.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just read that Rampage is going to be playing BA Baracus in the new A Team movie. This seems like its going to suck horrendously.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arsene Lupin

Kristin Scott-Thomas and Eva Green in a French language, but collaboration of French, UK, Spain and Italy cinema.

Good film, but hard to follow due to my inattention.

I was also unaware that Scott-Thomas was a French national and has been in several French productions. She surprised me with her role.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Wrestler 8/10, i really liked that movie really intresting and fun
best mickey rourke film

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Inglorious Bastards - 10/10

i loved it. i think Tarantino did it again and made another AWESOME movie. it was different then what i thought it was goin to be like but i still think it was great. i loved Brad Pitt's accent in the movie and Eli Roth was really good too. i made one of my friends go see it again and now i already want to see it again.

9/10

I really loved the movie as well. One of tarantino's best imo!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I liked Basterds as well, though it's inferior to Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill films.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
watchmen, wow that was some boooring film, just way too long. confusing at times and just overall 4/10

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Defiance - 8/10 - I quite enjoyed watching this movie.

Burn After Reading - 3/10 - I laughed at a couple of bits, but all in all a poorly put together film.

P

Pain

VIP
Burn After Reading - 3/10 - I laughed at a couple of bits, but all in all a poorly put together film.

I don't understand why this film gets so much hate. Its not the best Coen brothers movies but its not a bad movie either and definitely not a 3/10 movie.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
watchmen, wow that was some boooring film, just way too long. confusing at times and just overall 4/10

Obviously you weren't in the right state of mind when watching this one. Watchmen has been getting quite a bit of love.

Some recent film I've seen.

Fight Club (again, but more thoroughly viewed) - 9
I Heart Huckabees - 7.5
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - 6.5
Snatch. - 4
Inglourious Basterds - 9
The Virgin Suicides - 7
The Life Aquatic of Steve Zissou - 6
A Scanner Darkly - 7
The Virgin Spring - 9
The Shawshank Redemption - 8

P

Pain

VIP
Ouch, you gave Snatch a 4? What didn't you like about it? Its at least a 7 or 8.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
To be fair, it's an intelligent movie and you're not an intelligent person.

P

Pain

VIP
I might need to give Watchmen a second viewing to pick up on all the story. The first time I watched it was in two sittings.

It defiantly took me by surprise at how deep and fleshed out the characters were. Not your typical super hero movie.

I don't read the comics but from reviews I've read, its the best comic book to movie adaptation to date. I did enjoy it much more than Sin City which is also noted as being one of the best comic book to movie adaptations.

I could of done without the blue cock though.